What's new

Expensive Pakistani Habbits , for a Economically Poor nation

Government should launch initiatives to grow teas in mountain areas of Pakistan , in Artificial growing labs

if the rich habbit of tea drinking is that important

Last edited:
http://www.worldstopexports.com/pakistans-top-10-imports/
* Note these figures were from 2016 when dollar was around $80 for 1 rupee

TEA:coffee:
Pakistanis Drink Too Much Tea—Imports Increased By 3.19 Percent. According to statistics Pakistan has imported Tea worth $491 million in the last 11 months form July, 2016 to May, 2017 to meet the current rising demand of Tea in the country

More rupees now are needed to import same amount

Mineral Fuel:
Mineral fuels including oil: US$17.1 billion (28.4% of total imports)
Was expecting it to be just 5 billion , isn't 17 Billion a bit high ????
When we live next to Iran cheap oil source !!! Come on people come on!!!
:crazy::crazy::coffee:

Computers:
Machinery including computers: $6.3 billion (10.4%)

Electric Machinery:
Electrical machinery, equipment: $4.3 billion (7.2%)

Raw Items:
Iron, steel: $3.7 billion (6.1%)

Organic Chemicals
Organic chemicals: $2.8 billion (4.6%)

Vehicles & Automobile
Vehicles: $2.6 billion (4.3%) :crazy: [Killing our state bank foreign reserves]

Plastics
Plastics, plastic articles: $2.5 billion (4.1%):big_boss: [Ban Plastic Bottles and Bags !!!]

Animals / Vegetable Oil
Animal/vegetable fats, oils, waxes: $2.1 billion (3.5%):wacko::haha: what??????

Oil Seeds:
Oil seeds: $1.5 billion (2.4%)

Cotton:
Cotton: $1.3 billion (2.1%)
:laughcry::ashamed::sarcastic:
Come on man we are agricultural country we are importing cotton for 1.3 Billion wtf

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Immediate Avoidable Items

** Ban Cotton Import -----------------------------------: Save 1.3 Billion Dollars
** Ban Vegetable/Animal Fat , use local animal fat----: Save 2.1 Billion Dollars
** Ban Automobile Import------------------------------: Save 2.6 Billion Dollars
** Ban Plastic Imports ----------------------------------:Save 2.5 Billion Dollars
** Reduce Oil Imports by 50% -------------------------:Save 8.0 Billion Dollars

We can save almost 15 Billion dollar from our Books by just , banning stuff we don't need!!!
Apny ko aisy hi jeena mangta hai

its not imports the issue is our exports are too low . era of agriculture is over since ages and our half population still sleeping in farms doing hard work for just 300$ per ton .
Exactly. Also farmers are not paid well.
I know someone who farmed potatoes and sold then at the cost of 5kg @ cost of 10rs.
Equivalent to 2Rs per kg which are sold in rest of country from 10-12 rs kg
And in Islamabad vegetable market the same sold for 45rs/kg and in Bani Gala cash and carry same potatoes 90rs per Kg.

Exactly. Also farmers are not paid well.
I know someone who farmed potatoes and sold then at the cost of 5kg @ cost of 10rs.
Equivalent to 2Rs per kg which are sold in rest of country from 10-12 rs kg
And in Islamabad vegetable market the same sold for 45rs/kg and in Bani Gala cash and carry same potatoes 90rs per Kg.
food agriculture is last thing to think its era of electronics computers automobiles services man we are struck in past

If we import 800 Million dollar worth of Tea yearly

Government can setup special farms on Mountainous regions with controlled climate control running on solar power electricity. This is just normal pipes and water distribution and some climate control

We have lot of high peaks and altitude is not an issue just requires out of box thinking and planning

Just requires some planning
For 30-40 Million Government could set these up in mountain areas with subsidies

Their is already local demand once local production rises , put ban on imports from outside

greenhouse_operation1.jpg

If you want to drink Tea , the government should make sure Tea is coming from inside Pakistan so we don't send out 800 million dollars specially when National Reserves are depleted

You can create your own humid environment in modern Agricultural Green Houses
Spray-Irrigation-System-for-Greenhouse-Irrigation.jpg

Last edited:
We don't have much to ban rather than focusing on other factors
Which facilitate the nation aka awam
My heart bleeds to see how backward our awam is struggling
It's sad and heart breaking.
Government should focus on areas like exploring minerals.
Exporting metal and other expensive minerals.
Exploring gold silver oil gas it's is there
But they have their head in the sand
Nation deserves better.
What happened to rekodk gold area
What happen to news where someone got gas from land near Peshawar
We were listening sui area sibbi area had plenty gas
What happened
Where is accountbility for those billions of dollars stolen by curropt people
Those Swiss Banks??
Why industry foundation is built to serve rich
Why hundreds of sugar Mills in country when we need just few
Why sugarcane farmers are not paid their rights
Why government gives subsidy to factory owners and sugar Mill owners
Why WAPDA and PTCL were privatized
These bunch of monkeys who run the gov whosoever must
Work on these issues
Rather than baning basic right to live
Quality right to live
The monkey post is same
But only they change faces after 5 years
I had great expectations from PTI
But I'm disappointed by the LOLiPops given by Asad Omar
He is not qualified enough
He would have done better than Shaukat Aziz
But turns out Asad Omar is highly overrated.

Yar doodh paratha kha ly its more healthy and even more cheap
Bhai mazak mat kereyn
Ek glass milk = 3 serving cups of tea
3 persons meal
Secondly milk is not pure.
& Those as$holes show on TV try tetra pack milk
Which is not even fresh milk
It is pasturized cream off and no milk can sustain expiry like those tetra packs
They putting up some chems to make it long lasting
Fresh milk comes in with expire date 3 days here in ksa when refrigerated.
How come milk pack and haleeb are fresh
And if you test them you will know harmonized milk it is
Which won't help development of young ones height and making hormonal issues with younger girls reaching puberty.
Now let's go to open market milk
You know also what it is water in milk
Being sold as milk.

Bhai mazak mat kereyn
Ek glass milk = 3 serving cups of tea
3 persons meal
Secondly milk is not pure.
& Those as$holes show on TV try tetra pack milk
Which is not even fresh milk
It is pasturized cream off and no milk can sustain expiry like those tetra packs
They putting up some chems to make it long lasting
Fresh milk comes in with expire date 3 days here in ksa when refrigerated.
How come milk pack and haleeb are fresh
And if you test them you will know harmonized milk it is
Which won't help development of young ones height and making hormonal issues with younger girls reaching puberty.
Now let's go to open market milk
You know also what it is water in milk
Being sold as milk.
I m talking about open milk which 25 rupee a quarter liter... a quarter liter is more than a cup of tea

In my knowledge, the best Cotton producing areas (around south Punjab) have no real Textile industry. However, there are numerous Sugar mills and since sugarcane given more profit, farmers are inclined toward Sugarcane crop.

Tea is also possible to harvest in KPK and northern areas in Pakistan. But it needs financial support from Government. I was told that it needs a slope area so that water is flown away quickly from roots. Also, a plant takes 5-7 years to mature and farmers usually don't have enough capital to wait for this long for RoI

Tea requires rain and sloped land. I doubt it can handle the cold weather in some of your northern areas.
it is hard work harvesting tea.

Please post about petrol prices too. Pakistan petrol prices are way cheaper than neighboring countries like China, India, Afghanistan (I think), even Bangladesh.

Stop subsidizing petrol for residential folks especially. Driving is a privilege and luxury not necessity or a right. Public should use public transportation or bicycles.

Please post about petrol prices too. Pakistan petrol prices are way cheaper than neighboring countries like China, India, Afghanistan (I think), even Bangladesh.

Stop subsidizing petrol for residential folks especially. Driving is a privilege and luxury not necessity or a right. Public should use public transportation or bicycles.

commie amreeki pakistani hahahaha

Tea is also possible to harvest in KPK and northern areas in Pakistan. But it needs financial support from Government. I was told that it needs a slope area so that water is flown away quickly from roots. Also, a plant takes 5-7 years to mature and farmers usually don't have enough capital to wait for this long for RoI
I think it takes 3-4 yrs...
In its wild state, tea grows best in regions which enjoy a warm, humid climate with a rainfall measuring at least 100 centimetres a year.

Pakistan can live with no Cotton Import for 12 Months grow it local or don't use it
Dude with the climate here...We need cotton clothes in MOST of Punjab or we will sweat to death!

its not imports the issue is our exports are too low . era of agriculture is over since ages and our half population still sleeping in farms doing hard work for just 300$ per ton .
THIS is the main issue! We dont produce anything but like kings consume everything! Yajuj majuj ki terhan! :o:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom