What's new

Exclusive: Tata to unveil India's first indigenous 155 mm howitzer

Denel, but they seem to have bought the rights for the gun instead of going for a joint venture.The ballistics and FCS are indigenous.

But the gun remains South African and just licence produced in India. The fact is, neither Tata, nor OFB developed a gun indigenously, our media just hypes this to sell it as sensational news.

I know, even if TATA has bought the gun rights I don't think so they would be able to make an indigenously designed howitzer in the near future.
But I don't see a problem with it either most other countries are doing the same and the money is in our country only and it's only a howitzer isn't a 4.5 generation fighter aircraft.The most definitive drawback I see here is that we won't be able to export it.
It's like the US GCV program even if the contender is not of US origin the vehicles still get manufactured in the US only.

I know, even if TATA has bought the gun rights I don't think so they would be able to make an indigenously designed howitzer in the near future.
But I don't see a problem with it either most other countries are doing the same and the money is in our country only and it's only a howitzer isn't a 4.5 generation fighter aircraft.The most definitive drawback I see here is that we won't be able to export it.
It's like the US GCV program even if the contender is not of US origin the vehicles still get manufactured in the US only.

It is no problem, it's even a big benefit when we use the advantages of access to foreign markets for JVs or co-developments, but we have a tendency to hype the term "indigenous" and put way too much meaning to it. For Tata this was an easy way to offer a proven and capable howitzer, just like they teamed up with Rheinmetall for the FICV competition.

That's just the media and the people.As long as we are getting quality products which is being manufactured here and the money stays here, I guess then every ones happy.

TATA-1.jpg

TATA-2.jpg

TATA-3.jpg

TATA-4.jpg

TATA-5.JPG

T5-52.jpg

Rajak+DVE.jpg

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom