What's new

Exclusive: Tata to unveil India's first indigenous 155 mm howitzer

Its got to be tested first and it will have to participate in the competion with the other howitzers on offer, fom Kalyani, Punj-Lloyd, OFB etc.

I think both Kalyani forge and OFB are offering towed howies and not mounted ones. Actually Im pretty sure about the OFB wala, but not sure about the Kalyani forge.

Indian workmanship is known to be poor. The Tata cheap quality will just burn you up. Tata Nano buyer's first car becomes flaming nightmare

Go ahead. Buy from Tata. It's always entertaining to watch another video of Tata junk blowing up and burning down.

That shows that you don't know "your elbow from your fundamental orifice"! :lol:
Do you know what that is? Now, don't look behind you..........

I think both Kalyani forge and OFB are offering towed howies and not mounted ones. Actually Im pretty sure about the OFB wala, but not sure about the Kalyani forge.

Basically the Kalyani design is the towed one. Though a wheeled design is also in the works.

I agree we had no role in development of the gun..but when we are getting ToT and the equipments to manufacture that inhouse, then I think that itself is a good development. Perhaps the 'ban' on Denel had served its purpose. ;)
a

That we build them in India under licence shouldn't be surprising, since they are offered to IA in a competition which requires this, but still it's not an indigenous howitzer, otherwise we now have to call the Sikorsky S92, the Black Hawk, or the AW 139 indigenous too, since Tata builds them, or at least major parts in India under licence too. :rolleyes:

The mounted gun rfi calls for 815 guns where 200 bought from the OEM(nexter,soltam) and 615 produced by the partner(l&t,kalyani) under tot......but here tat is not the case with tata ,here tata itself is the OEM and denel is component and tech provider so if tata gets the order all 815 guns will be made in india unlike for l&t and kalyani which are offset partners and not OEMs

Indian workmanship is known to be poor. The Tata cheap quality will just burn you up. Tata Nano buyer's first car becomes flaming nightmare

Go ahead. Buy from Tata. It's always entertaining to watch another video of Tata junk blowing up and burning down.

Even the Car major Ford had fire in their car in their initial days, Nano was a 2500 US $ car... Even US or Japanese car maker never attempted to build at this cost.

So less cost means cost cutting where ever possible.

We will go ahead and let it blow up and let it burn down! We will keep on learning and improve it... Time for you to change the flag!

We will go ahead and let it blow up and let it burn down! We will keep on learning and improve it... Time for you to change the flag!

But it's unlikely you would ever learn. Watching the non-stopped crashing of the Indian fighter jets is like watching someone keeps banging his head on the wall to try to knock it down, and the wall wins every single time. My flag is fine. Time for you to get an eye exam.

But it's unlikely you would ever learn. Watching the non-stopped crashing of the Indian fighter jets is like watching someone keeps banging his head on the wall to try to knock it down, and the wall wins every single time. My flag is fine. Time for you to get an eye exam.
false-flag-argentina.jpg

Now ontopic: this runoff between various vendors is a good idea. Apart from that from that, recent reports indicate that Kalyani has already imported a production line for the gun barrels as well as designing an undercarriage for the howitzer. Albeit, that is for a towed gun.

If the fighter is getting crashed doesn't mean to retire them immediately, Yes the fighters reached end of life where upgrade to the existing design is useless, But that doesn't mean that they stand NO chance against PAF. A mistake had been made. So the IAF had MMRCA which specifies only the first squadron off the shelf and the remaining would be manufactured in HAL, In addition to that India is a partner in FGFA to give a shot in the learning curve.

On any given day IAF can defeat PAF.... It was the case in the past... It will be the case in future as well!

If you truly consider yourself a Pakistani patriot then it is time to show true colors... Time for you to consult the psychiatrist for Anti-India feeling!

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom