What's new

Exclusive: Tata to unveil India's first indigenous 155 mm howitzer

I have my doubts about Mahindra, I know that Ashok Leyland makes army trucks so I guess transportation wise private sector is more than capable of taking care of the army requirement.

I am not sure of Mahindra making any vehicle for the army (do they make the mine protected vehicle for the army that are often shown in army pictures)? Because the only thing that comes to mind is the Mahindra Axe.

Mahindra has pulled out a 6x6 MPV in JV with BaE . But IMO,Tata's 4x4 MPV is much better.
Mahindra jeeps are a mainstay in our Army.

53326d1222539301-mahindra-axe-thread-axe-252bin-252bsummer-252bwith-252btroops-740782.jpg
I have my doubts about Mahindra, I know that Ashok Leyland makes army trucks so I guess transportation wise private sector is more than capable of taking care of the army requirement.

I am not sure of Mahindra making any vehicle for the army (do they make the mine protected vehicle for the army that are often shown in army pictures)? Because the only thing that comes to mind is the Mahindra Axe.

good news . more private company should be involved in Indian defense procurement .

This is the way to go. The TATA howitzer is a product of a JV, not internally created. Notwithstanding that, any private party like TATA will push very hard for faster absorption of TOT and indegenisation.. Not for patriotic reasons, but in order to be able to control/minimise manufacturing costs and maintain margins. Plus the manufacturing process itself is likely to be better managed and streamlined, based as it will be on good commercial practices. Finally the stranglehold of the unwieldy lumbering DPSUs must be broken.
Soon enough, we will hear about Kalyani making a presentation of their JV product. Lets wait for that also.

This is the way to go. The TATA howitzer is a product of a JV, not internally created. Notwithstanding that, any private party like TATA will push very hard for faster absorption of TOT and indegenisation.. Not for patriotic reasons, but in order to be able to control/minimise manufacturing costs and maintain margins. Plus the manufacturing process itself is likely to be better managed and streamlined, based as it will be on good commercial practices. Finally the stranglehold of the unwieldy lumbering DPSUs must be broken.
Soon enough, we will hear about Kalyani making a presentation of their JV product. Lets wait for that also.
and in the coming time we will see what TATA gained from this JV

The poor workmanship will cause the gun barrel to blow up. It's better to buy it from others.

I personally would like to see TATA into this field...they are very reliable when it comes to quality and fairness in trade and its our own Indian company..so why not.

Are you talking about American or Chinese or Somali workmanship?
And what's blowin' you up about this matter? Workmanship? If you have nothing to do, then go troll else where.

There have been quite a few posters ashamed of their real flags sporting the star spangled banner these days on PDF. Ignore the self loathing trolls.

Defense Solutions & Armored Vehicles by Mahindra

I personally would like to see TATA into this field...they are very reliable when it comes to quality and fairness in trade and its our own Indian company..so why not.

Maybe because that say nothing about the performance of the gun? Come on guys, wake up! This is about national security and not a popularity contest. The best SPH, suitable to our requirements (of IA and Indian industry) must win, not the one that looks best, or has the most popular Indian partner company.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom