What's new

Exclusive interview with new Pakistan Air Force Chief: PAF’s Cutting Edge Grows

In loaded configuration RCS of JF-17 is 3-3.5 Sq Meters square. MKI can detect this rcs at a range of 130-150 KM. While JF-17 AESA maximum detection would be similar. Can detect MKI at distance of 140-160 KM.

So your argument collapses that JF-17 can detect MKI before.

hi
hold on sir jf 17 is now using klj-7 radar which detection range for 5m2 is about 125 km and PAF is replacing it with AESA
sir klj-7 will detect su30 mki at about 140 km
and AESA will detect it about 170 km and blk 3 of jf17 will have less rcs ......
so jf 17 will be on safer side i think....your thoughts plz

Well I'm disappointed, AESA is nodoubt a giant leap, but it wont safe JF-17 from more maneuverable aircraft like MKI, Rafale, Mirage-2000. HMDS/HOBS missile would save it. But PAF is in no mood to integrate it even in 3rd block.
Oh Bahi, firstly it's good news that JF-17 transition is going smoothly without any glitches. I have said this before that PAF has it's hands full with this aircraft and it's proving to be a very potent system. The article only discloses some basic information as PAF likes to continue with it's work quietly. I bet you weren't aware of the JF-17 performing duties on ADA equipped with BVR rounds. PAF is well conscious of the surrounding developments. No point making a song and dance about something and then you find a decade later you are still on the drawing board.

So Dual seat will be available a year from now. @MastanKhan It means, there are definitely potential export orders well underway and would be firmed soon.

Oh Bahi, firstly it's good news that JF-17 transition is going smoothly without any glitches. I have said this before that PAF has it's hands full with this aircraft and it's proving to be a very potent system. The article only discloses some basic information as PAF likes to continue with it's work quietly. I bet you weren't aware of the JF-17 performing duties on ADA equipped with BVR rounds. PAF is well conscious of the surrounding developments. No point making a song and dance about something and then you find a decade later you are still on the drawing board.
Where is the news on the 18 BLK52? We moving ahead with that? Would be great to have another front line squadron armed to teeth, raised within 2-3 years.

Well I'm disappointed, AESA is nodoubt a giant leap, but it wont safe JF-17 from more maneuverable aircraft like MKI, Rafale, Mirage-2000. HMDS/HOBS missile would save it. But PAF is in no mood to integrate it even in 3rd block.
HOBS + HMD + Internal E/O targeting system with 360° coverage + RD-93 MA + AESA

This what i'd like to see in BLK 3. There is no reason for us to assume that they wont go for HOBS.

What is HOBS?

HOBS
(redirected from Homing Bombing System)
Acronym Definition
HOBS Home and Office Banking System (Bank of Scotland)
HOBS House of Boyd Society (genealogical ogranization)
HOBS Harbor Oaks Boarding School (Mars Hill, NC)
HOBS Homing Bombing System
HOBS High Orbital Bombardment System
HOBS High Off-Boresite System

What is HOBS?
High off boresight.
Study about it.

lar4.jpg

hmddash.jpg

Is JF-17 being used actively against terrorists ?

Hi,

So---the first of the good news is released---thank you---ie the confirmation of AESA in blk 3. Now that is a giant leap----. More to come.
Mastan Khan.
It is not SD10 but SD10A which is the more later version. It signifies thatcthe upgrade on the radar is accomplished for it to be able to fire SD10 A. The T50 and L15 were always going to be a bridge too far. However for increased safety I thought we might go for a twin engined L15. However it appears not to be the case. I still maintain that the foray into T50 evaluation was mainly subsystems evaluation to see whether any of those could be bought to better out JFT. Lets watch this space.
Araz

So can we see more F-16s other than the planned 300 JF-17s?

As there is a room for 32-52 F-16s Block-52s and also for some addition 70++ F-16s Block-15s. I am sure that the need to increase the fleet is inevitable because of the growing concern across the border and internal situation throughout the country. As J-31 will progress in coming future so that it will be able to replace ofd F-16s. Also, there is a good chance for Pakistan-Turkey and may be Iran to join in for a next generation fighter which can be a single or dual engine with no vertical tail.

I will keep giving you nevative ratings till such time that you stop your unreasonable wish lists on the forum. I have nothing against wish lists but as long as they are achievable that is fine. Yours is a piss against a hailstorm and sheer stupidity. Please please please have a thought about what is reasonable and what is not. If you make 3 reasonable post in the next 48 hours I will reverse this negaitive rating otherwise it stays.

Last edited:
Dont knw but I hate this aircraft jf17 more thn.anything else... the aircraft is seriously lacking in aggressive look n feel... n some uncle comeup with oo bhai military aircraft harware is more important thn look n feel for those.. eek unko kuch pata wata nahi about the importance of look, feel overall design... na unko ye aaj tak pata chala hay why from B1 to f16... why every single US made weapons are so aggressive in shape... anyway hope Pakistan get rid of this single engine walay jahaaz...

Last edited:
Mastan Khan.
It is not SD10 but SD10A which is the more later version. It signifies thatcthe upgrade on the radar is accomplished for it to he bale to fire SD10 A. The T50 and L15 were always going to be a bridge too far. However cor increased safety I thought we might go for a twin engined L15. However it appears not to be the case. I still maintain that the foray into T50 evaluation was mainly subsystems evaluation to see whether any of those could be bought to better out JFT. Lets watch this space.
Araz

I will keep giving you nevative ratings till such time that you stop your unreasonable wish lists on the forum. I have nothing against wish lists but as long as they are achievable that is fine. Yours is a piss against a hailstorm and sheer stupidity. Please please please have a thought about what is reasonable and what is not. If you make 3 reasonable post in the next 48 hours Ii will reverse this negaitive rating otherwise it stays.

How many JF-17B's might be inducted in PAF ?

Back
Top Bottom