What's new

Ex-ISI official Col Imam killed

Then they marched to Logar and Chahar Asyab a stronghold of Gulbudin, they forced Gulbudin out in a fierce fight, Gulbudin then pulled back to another of his base in Sorobi, not sure if you have heard of this place, in sorobi a commander of Gulbudin called Zardad was in controll. A taste of his cruelty, murder and looting is still in people's mouth. After this point Gulbudin went to see Masoud and they forged an alliance against the Taliban until the taliban took kabul. This alliance lasted for years to come, although Gulbudin didnt have any forces on ground to fight the taliban-it was mostly political from this point. Now gulbudin have some fighters but too weak compare to the past, a few months back Gulbudin and Taliban's fighters clashed badly and as a result they both lost many dozens of men and many of Gulbudin's men surrendrd to the Gov to put pressure on the taliban.

The Columbia World Dictionary of Islamism reports that having lost Saudi support when it supported Saddam Hussein and Pakistani support after 1994, "the remainder of Hizb-i Islmi merged into al-Qaeda and the Taliban."The Jamestown Foundation describes it having been "sidelined from Afghan politics" for a decade or so after the Taliban takeover of Kabul. Hekmatyar opposed the 2001 American attack on Afghanistan and since then has aligned his group with remnants of the Taliban and al-Qaeda against the current Afghan government.

Source: Wikipedia

here is something intersting:

Hekmatyar`s men supplying Taliban intelligence to Nato: officials | Latest news, Breaking news, Pakistan News, World news, business, sport and multimedia | DAWN.COM

i googled alot , but i couldnt find the interview of gulbudin's rep in kabul that clearly denied their alliance with the taliban.

^^^ Ok, so say I agree with you on your last post that the HIG is not allied with the Taliban. What do you have to say about my last post?

I dont wana dispute his connections with ISI, but he is not allied with the Taliban despite the fact that they are both accused of getting orders from the same place. His representative in Kabul clearly said that they are differnet from the Taliban and as i mentioned before only a few months ago his fightrers had a fierce fight against the taliban fighters.

Then the Afghan authorities and the international media shouldn't be giving out hollow claims based on their assumptions that Pakistan supports the Afghan Taliban interfering in Afghanistan. The US wants Pakistan to attack Hekmatyar's HIG group in the Mohmand and Bajaur agencies, and the Haqqani group in North Waziristan. According to you, these two groups that allegedly have ties to the ISI are not Afghan Taliban or any Taliban faction, am I correct Ahmad? They're not the TTP, because Pakistan is currently fighting the TTP in Pakistan, and the leadership of the TTP is made up of Pakistanis. Hekmatyar and Haqqani are ethnic Afghan Pashtuns.

Haqani calls himself part of the taliban, but Gulbudin never calls himself part of the Taliban. The three of these groups are engaging in fight and killing their own people, no matter what name they choose for themselves. Yes, the taliban are ethnic pashtoon, be it in pakistan or afghanistan. but we shouldnt blame pashtoons for this as they are themselves the victims of the taliban.

^^^ Ok, so say I agree with you on your last post that the HIG is not allied with the Taliban. What do you have to say about my last post?

The Gulbudin groups always says that they are not with the taliban, but they have the only same goal of wanting nato to leave afghanistan, there are many differneces between them despite the fact that both of them are hardliners.

So would you say the ISI is right for allegedly supporting Hekmatyar's HIG, which you yourself say is not the Taliban?

You also said that even though Haqqani calls himself Taliban, he does not operate with them, he operates separately.

The Gulbudin groups always says that they are not with the taliban, but they have the only same goal of wanting nato to leave afghanistan,

Why would they supply the Taliban intelligence to NATO then, if the aims of both the Taliban and HIG are similar, to get the NATO forces out of Afghanistan?

The Gulbudin groups always says that they are not with the taliban, but they have the only same goal of wanting nato to leave afghanistan,

Why would they supply the Taliban intelligence to NATO then, if the aims of both the Taliban and HIG are similar, to get the NATO forces out of Afghanistan?

Why was Masoud and Hekmatyar each others' enemy while they had the very same goal? here is the same situation. no matter how much you got in common, you still are each others rivals.

So would you say the ISI is right for allegedly supporting Hekmatyar's HIG group, which you yourself say is not the Taliban?

So would you say the ISI is right for allegedly supporting Hekmatyar's HIG, which you yourself say is not the Taliban?

You also said that even though Haqqani calls himself Taliban, he does not operate with them, he operates separately.

The taliban are not the only bad guys, hekmatyar along with the other 6(and the shia + dostom as well) factions of mujahideen groups were responsible for horrible crimes.

So would you say the ISI is right for allegedly supporting Hekmatyar's HIG group, which you yourself say is not the Taliban?

Not at all, hekmatyar along the other people have killed our peopole in large numbers. gulbudin used to target residential areas of kabul with rockets on daily basis. his aim was to spread fear and kill as many as he could. sometimes he fired hundreds of rockets in every day.

Ok, so who are the GOOD guys in Afghanistan overall (this includes the NATO forces as well as the Northern Alliance, but I am more interested in any Afghan group)? Are there any good guys in Afghanistan? Who do you want to see in leadership in Afghanistan? Who is the good guy who enjoys the maximum support of majority the Afghan people? Please be honest here.

Ok, so who are the GOOD guys in Afghanistan overall (this includes the NATO forces as well as the Northern Alliance, but I am more interested in any Afghan group)? Are there any good guys in Afghanistan? Who do you want to see in leadership in Afghanistan?

Nobody is good in AFghanistan, but the taliban and hekmatyar are still killing their people while the others have stopped it. if gulbudin+taliban stop fighting, i am sure people wont have an issue with them. we have had enough of all these, the only thing we want is a complete stop to bloodshed.

Lets forget the Nato for now as they are external guys, if we bring them in, then we have to bring other people as well.

Who do you want to see in leadership in Afghanistan? Who is the good guy who enjoys the maximum support of majority the Afghan people? Please be honest here.

We dont have anyone like that. these politicians are all bad, same in your country.

if gulbudin+taliban stop fighting, i am sure people wont have an issue with them. we have had enough of all these, the only thing we want is a complete stop to bloodshed.

From my understanding, they are willing to stop the bloodshed and violence if the NATO forces leave the country, and the puppet government of Karzai is removed. You can't tell me that the Karzai government has done anything to reduce the bloodshed, in fact, the bloodshed has only increased in Afghanistan since 2001. The Afghan people have become more and more compromised in Karzai's regime. Karzai is happy with the state of the Afghan people as long as he gets protection from the NATO forces. He is also ok with India, NATO and other forces use Afghanistan as a proxy land for their proxy wars. As I see it, there is no good guy here.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom