What's new

Ex-Con PM Gilani should quit

Appeal won't be upheld... He IS guilty after all. Just time wasted.

Guilty or not is speculation for me. But for sure, an appeal will ensure that the matter is sub judice and till whatever time the appeal is being argued, Speaker will not be bound to take action and hence the matter will just get prolonged in procedure till the elections probably.

But this kind of clash between judiciary and executive is not the best sign. PPP can use this needless issue to claim unfairness and disenchantment with the Judiciary in pakistan. You may not think on those lines but at least the ones who support PPP will think like that for sure. And there are many who support PPP. May be not on this forum, but there a LOT otherwise.

In another words, we will not be seeing a new Prime Minister before the next general elections. It's already May 2012 after 4 days

1) 30 days for Speaker - August 2012
2) 90 days for CEC - October - November 2012

Elections - if PPP decides to prolong the elections date

3) Appeal on that decision - drag it to 2013

Wow, I'm just going to hand myself an infraction for cursing and exit the thread.

Take care gentlemen.

In another words, we will not be seeing a new Prime Minister before the next general elections. It's already May 2012 after 4 days

1) 30 days for Speaker - August 2012
2) 90 days for CEC - October - November 2012

Elections - if PPP decides to prolong the elections date

3) Appeal on that decision - drag it to 2013

The man should just quit because you know its beneficial for PTI the longer it takes. A few days back PTI was in disarray, with issues from Marvi Memon and Shireen Mazari and the whole tiff with Shah Mehmood... Now they are slowly getting back together and getting organized, it will take one more year and they'll be a potent force.

In the mean time PPP gandhi hoti rahay gi the longer they drag this on.

From this point on, har banda PPP walon ka moonh bandh karayega, ja oye tum toh saza yafta ho.

Prime Minister is wearing Black Suit like Nawaz Sharif used to wear on special occasions

If anybody want to watch this live you can go to this Dunya News official live streaming

Dunya TV High Definition Streaming

Doesn't matter, he will still not be eligible for Prime Minister's post

@ Topic

If Prime Minister is arrested and his membership in the Parliament is suspended after few days... I don't want to see Rehman Malik as the new Prime Minister please :( - us se to yeh hi behtar hai...
Is this punishment has made him not eligible for the post than it is a good decision by giving him 5 Minute punishment they have also prevented him from becoming a hero and also got rid of him

Guilty or not is speculation for me. But for sure, an appeal will ensure that the matter is sub judice and till whatever time the appeal is being argued, Speaker will not be bound to take action and hence the matter will just get prolonged in procedure till the elections probably.

But this kind of clash between judiciary and executive is not the best sign. PPP can use this needless issue to claim unfairness and disenchantment with the Judiciary in pakistan. You may not think on those lines but at least the ones who support PPP will think like that for sure. And there are many who support PPP. May be not on this forum, but there a LOT otherwise.

PPP wants to get disbarred, hence they are hoping the Judiciary would have given some sort of ruling on the PM's eligibility to stay in office. They have no other card left than to play political martyrs in the next election.

If they appeal it only hurts their case since they can't claim that and if they go into the next election as criminals, they will lose the votes.

PPP wants to get disbarred, hence they are hoping the Judiciary would have given some sort of ruling on the PM's eligibility to stay in office. They have no other card left than to play political martyrs in the next election.

If they appeal it only hurts their case since they can't claim that and if they go into the next election as criminals, they will lose the votes.

Exactly...they were probably hoping Kiyani wiould initiate a marshal law during the Memo Scandal too...because the have very little face saving right now !

Gilani will obviously step down, get his cut, and be replaced by RM.

In my opinion its a wise decision not to send him to jail whilst he is PM. Let him step down and perhaps in the upcoming hearing on 2nd may, hey may go to jail.
I think other than avoiding chaos (PPP workers would have wrecked havoc) SC has contained the overall drama by this verdict.

So now what's gonna happen?
More hangama, fasad

or a peaceful democratic transition to new government for the first time in Pakistani history?

Peace.

I still don't get it, he gets a conviction and punishment, however he remains a PM so what has changed? The letter will not be written so, really, what has changed? I was hoping the SC would have the guts to send the PM straight to Prison in handcuffs like an ordinary criminal......the man, after all, is ordinary yet the crimes are extraordinary.

Back
Top Bottom