What's new

Ex-Con PM Gilani should quit

There is some hikmat-e-amli in the SC's decision.

1) There is obviously no hangama that would have ensued by PPP jiyalay
2) There is no way for the PM to get out of it or for the President to pardon him since he has served his sentencing and he is now officially saza yaafta
3) Well the proceedings against him can start by the Speaker of the Assembly.

2) There is no way for the PM to get out of it or for the President to pardon him since he has served his sentencing and he is now officially saza yaafta

Honestly, who the **** was this judge?

Honestly, who the **** was this judge?

Please, I would caution you to not use such inappropriate language. You should be thankful the auto censor worked.

It was a seven member bench headed by the honorable Justice Nasir-ul-Mulk.

Yeah after contemplating for a short while I thought it's a good decision. But the judges should have ensured to sentence him for 5 minutes at least... so no further questions regarding his eligibility could be raised.

BTW, I am laughing on this statement by Firdous Ashiq Awan

The government will decide about to file an appeal against the judgement in a special cabinet meeting today.

Now when the Prime Minister has already served the sentence how can they appeal against this decision. Usually the appeal is done before the punishment is implemented whereas Prime Minister is now already "saza yafta"

LOL Speaker Of the Assembly won't do crap.All the chai biskoot drama bazi for months and now this shameful decision!

Yeah after contemplating for a short while I thought it's a good decision. But the judges should have ensured to sentence him for 5 minutes at least... so no further questions regarding his eligibility could be raised.

BTW, I am laughing on this statement by Firdous Ashiq Awan

Now when the Prime Minister has already served the sentence how can they appeal against decision. Usually the appeal is done before the punishment is implemented whereas Prime Minister is now already "saza yafta"

It does not matter if time is served. If the appeal is upheld, Gilani will be reinstated as was before trial with the apology of the nation.

Please, I would caution you to not use such inappropriate language. You should be thankful the auto censor worked.

It was a seven member bench headed by the honorable Justice Nasir-ul-Mulk.

I apologize. The tongue slips after seeing this level of begharati.

Were these honorable judges in their senses and right state of mind, or were they possibly paid off?

I have never literally seen anyone get away with murder, so I am genuinely shocked and left cursing.

PM will go for the appeal
as court has convicted him now he has right to appeal
and I guess he'll get cleaned in appeal.

There is no issue of time. That is probably some bad joke. Any convicted person is barred from being an MP for 5 years since the time of his or her conviction.

Now when the Prime Minister has already served the sentence how can they appeal against decision. Usually the appeal is done before the punishment is implemented whereas Prime Minister is now already "saza yafta"
Yeah it does throw a wrench in their plans since Appeal papers were already ready and stay order would have been obtained as is the right of the PM as a Pakistani citizen to appeal and obtain a stay order.

But in this case he was denied that. Now maybe his angle can be to expunge his record but thats not going to happen either so he should just quit.

The process of Speaker disbarring him is a long one.

1) Speaker has to act within 30 days. Speaker will transfer the notice to CEC within that time frame.
2) CEC needs to make a decision within 90 days.
3) PM can appeal in a high court the decision of the CEC.

And we are repeating the process. Instead of all that, PM should just quit. Save Pakistan the embarrassment. Jaatay jaatay ek toh naik kaam karja Pakistan ke liay.

LOL Speaker Of the Assembly won't do crap.All the chai biskoot drama bazi for months and now this shameful decision!

Speaker of Assembly HAS TO act within 30 days. Otherwise she'll be in the same hot water.

Well there is alot in this faisala. I asked my friend and he told me.

UTTH HOO MAMA PRIME MINISTER KE BEHN MEAN *** WAR GIA HEY.

mama us ko tu koi saza nai dee

kuch seconds ki saza thi ?

is ka kia matlab

?.

10:26 am

WO 5 SAAL KEY LIEY POLITICSE SEY DISQULIFIED HOO GIA HEY WO UB MUGRAM PRIME MINSTRE HEY WO UB M N A BE NHEEN RHAA

Wah liken jail tu nai hoi na ? .

US KEY LIEY AIK SECOND KE PUNISH BE KAFI HEY .

ab jab hukoomat jayee gi tu is ko jail jana pare ga ?

ya bas sirf politics nai kar paye ga

?.

10:32 am

ISS CASE MSAN TOO GAIEY GAA BUT US PAR AUR BEE BHUT CASE HEEN GIS MEAN AIK KA FESLA 2 MAY KO AANA HEY

SORI IS CASE MEAN NHEEN GAIEY GAA

acha.

10:34 am

BUT YEH BHUT BEGERIT HEY ITNEY ARAM SEY NHEEN GAIEY GAA .

lol

It does not matter if time is served. If the appeal is upheld, Gilani will be reinstated as was before trial with the apology of the nation.

Appeal won't be upheld... He IS guilty after all. Just time wasted.

Who gives a rats @&% if he's convicted or a convict. What about the millions of tax payers money spent for MONTHS if not YEARS on this drama? what about those who are awaiting justice while this sh^thead played this nation for months and delayed JUSTICE for the common man. Was this 30 seconds DRAMA worth it for his personal ego?

Zardari is still there. PM will appeal.

Yeah the next hearing against him is on May 2 in another case, so jail ab bhi ja sakta hai.

Who gives a rats @&% if he's convicted or a convict. What about the millions of tax payers money spent for MONTHS on this drama? what about those who are awaiting justice while this sh^thead played this nation for months and delayed JUSTICE for the common man. Was this 30 seconds DRAMA worth it for his personal ego?

Zardari is still there. PM will appeal.

So if he was sent to jail Zardari would have still been there, the entire thing was PM has to be removed from office. I have a feeling he won't appeal. He should count his blessings and quit.

The process of Speaker disbarring him is a long one.

1) Speaker has to act within 30 days. Speaker will transfer the notice to CEC within that time frame.
2) CEC needs to make a decision within 90 days.
3) PM can appeal in a high court the decision of the CEC.

And we are repeating the process. Instead of all that, PM should just quit. Save Pakistan the embarrassment. Jaatay jaatay ek toh naik kaam karja Pakistan ke liay.

In another words, we will not be seeing a new Prime Minister before the next general elections. It's already May 2012 after 4 days

1) 30 days for Speaker - August 2012
2) 90 days for CEC - October - November 2012

Elections - if PPP decides to prolong the elections date

3) Appeal on that decision - drag it to 2013

Back
Top Bottom