What's new

Evolution of Threat , and Taking Action PAF

lol Single engine JFT = twin engine mig 29
Are we applying same logic 1 Pakistan something something = multiple other something something.
But i like JFT tbh, its profile suits PAF well.

Dont ask me, ask the Russian official who said it.

@gambit can you shed light on effectiveness of plasma stealth and why it is not adopted by west.
Currently, the notion of 'plasma stealth' is a jet covered with plasma gas/vapor. How is the jet supposed to stay covered at several hundred kts/hr, no one has adequately answered without violating the laws of physics.

So I present the real and possibly applicable concept of 'plasma stealth'...The plasma antenna...

http://plasmaantennas.com/
http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/677860/
When the tubes are energized, they become conductors and can transmit and receive radio signals. When they are de-energized, they revert to nonconducting elements (in present tests, glass tubes), and do not reflect probing radio signals.
Just like the 'normal' antenna, the plasma antenna is fully capable of transmit and receive over a wide range of freqs.

So conceptually, an aircraft with many plasma antennas strategically placed on its body can absorb (receive) impinging radar signals and negate them.

Cold start does not exists in the manner it used to be earlier. Why foreign powers step in ? and even if they, why will they support pakistan ? why not india ?
foreign powers will step in to stop potential nuclear world war 3 this is a very sensitive region , if india and pakistan will ever go to war in future then strategic interest of RUSSIA , CHINA, USA AFHANISTAN AN AND IRAN will be effected , and they will support their strategic partners against each other, hence may lead to world war 3 , with potential casualties of billions. hence both countries should hope that their is no war, as war isnt solution but only just destruction.

foreign powers will step in to stop potential nuclear world war 3 this is a very sensitive region , if india and pakistan will ever go to war in future then strategic interest of RUSSIA , CHINA, USA AFHANISTAN AN AND IRAN will be effected , and they will support their strategic partners against each other, hence may lead to world war 3 , with potential casualties of billions. hence both countries should hope that their is no war, as war isnt solution but only just destruction.

In other words, you will blackmail world with nukes. Save us or else we will fire nukes.

Actually its the other way round. Remember Cold Start? Its sole purpose was contain the war and not give Pakistan the excuse to extend the conflict where the possibility of using nuclear weapons becomes real. While Pakistan would want to drag it for as long as we could until foreign powers step in.
Cold Start is/was supposed to finish off the conflict asap before foreign powers ask for dialogue. That's different from wanting only a short conflict.

On an ideal battlefield, India wants an uninterrupted war and Pak wants an interrupted one. In that sense, Pak doesn't want an extended war.

In other words, you will blackmail world with nukes. Save us or else we will fire nukes.
no body knows what happens in event war , but its obvious any military misadventure among both countries will be fatal not only for ind-pak but also for the entire southasian region, and world is not ready for that, so world will not let these two countries to go on full scale war, small escaltions from sides is a different story but i dont see war coming soon. which is a good thing.

Sir the problem is for time frame we should face realities with increase in operational readiness of Su30s, induction of Rafaels, up gradation of old jets and probable inclusion of 5th Gen Jet say in 5-6 Years at max by India. We should take some drastic steps we need a 5th Gen Jet 4-5 Years along with sufficient number of JF17 block 3s, then we may be able to mitigate threats. I am sorry perhaps PAF plans are same as per your thoughts but they look not to be better in short term.

I think you are right to an extent...But money talks and sadly we don't have that.
So when a poor man has to make do he does best using the assets he has..
Yes the mirages may not be as sexy as a su30mki but with standoff weapons good maitence and aircraft availability the odds which look very poor suddenly change drastically. Pakistan has old machines but insides they pack a decent punch and tahts the whole reason why India hasn't attacked. They know what the response will be.
Additionally the jf17 is a very very capable fighter with lots of goodies including sd10 with the inclusion of asea radars we will be able to pitch them against the best. Then there is the pilot training. Pakistan is the highest rejection rate of any airforce and attracts the brightest brains. As for our main advisory cannot say that.
Finally. France and Russia will not sell us rafaels and su35. China hasnt tested it's stealth aircraft enough for us to buy and in 5 years the air chief predicts we will have project AZM fifth gen fighter going through paces. Now I am sure They have been working on it for years if he has given a five year timeline.
10 years from now we will have an independent formidable force and in the meantime instead of panicking I think Pakistan is doing the right thing by gaining tech and working not only with the Chinese but South Africans Turks and Ukrainians amongst others

Last edited:
Currently, the notion of 'plasma stealth' is a jet covered with plasma gas/vapor. How is the jet supposed to stay covered at several hundred kts/hr, no one has adequately answered without violating the laws of physics.

So I present the real and possibly applicable concept of 'plasma stealth'...The plasma antenna...

http://plasmaantennas.com/
http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/677860/

Just like the 'normal' antenna, the plasma antenna is fully capable of transmit and receive over a wide range of freqs.

So conceptually, an aircraft with many plasma antennas strategically placed on its body can absorb (receive) impinging radar signals and negate them.

Will it become visible on OLS/IR or other systems?

Pakistan Air Force desperately needed a heavy fighter jets in a good numbers with a limited time :pakistan:

Back
Top Bottom