What's new

Evolution of Threat , and Taking Action PAF

F-16 from USA can come only thing is we would have to pay full price. As for Jordan they are really very old ones so either get new ones or a slight old model but not initial models

I think PAF has learnt and moved on. Don't forget the pressler amendment and
with that Tangerine in the white house you can forget about F16's.

Can anyone tell me exactly How many block 52s Pakistan operates? If we are doing a proper analysis it needs to be mentioned as the variants vary in capability. Also PAF has to factor in threat from IN too. For ex mig 29 UPG of IAF(65 if am not wrong) are on par with latest blocks of 16s while 29k s of IN(45) are a notch above.

When I look at Russian offering it offers a good mix
Mig29 (40 Units) Or Sukhoi-35 (36 Units)

The 1 Billion Saved from F16 cancelled project , should be a good down payment for Sukhoi Craft

With Arrival of Russian Jets we can minimize the flights of F16C/D and use them for extraordinary need

Futureoutlook.png

Last edited:
We can't get used F16's from Jordan nevermind new F16's from USA.
I think PAF has learnt its lesson and moved on.
USA will happily sell you anything new, as long as you have the money to buy and lobby
used f-16 is strategic thing and will only be allowed to friends not non nato major ally

Instead of going for another 4th gen jet i say save up and invest it in FC-31 powered by WS-19 while in the meantime focus on Block-3

Asalamu Alaikum

That's what the military has been doing for a while.

Pakistan HAS ONLY 18 block 52 f16

Most of the others have been upgraded to block 50 standard, with the exception of 13.

As i always said that PAF have big decline of fighter planes fleet, Pakistan must increase that reuse in a limited time if its possible.

Asalamu Alaikum

That's what the military has been doing for a while.

Most of the others have been upgraded to block 50 standard, with the exception of 13.

MLU to block 50 DOES NOT equal block 52 .......... BIG MISCONCEPTION

Block 52 have a newer engine
APG69 radar NOT the APG66
And weighs more

And weighs more

difference between 50/52 is engines from two different manufacturers.
MLUs get upgraded engine with E (equivalent).
PAF MLUs have newer radars as part of upgrade.

And weighs more

Block 50 and 52 are the same ... with the only difference being one have GE engine and the other a P&W.
MLU brings them up the older blocks to the Black 50/52 standard.

Block 50 and 52 are the same ... with the only difference being one have GE engine and the other a P&W.
MLU brings them up the older blocks to the Black 50/52 standard.

Wrong they have different radars
Apg 66 only on your old f16
Only apt 69 on block 52

We are hedging our bets on JF-17 and some odd F-16s compared to IAF who is hedging its bets on SU-30MKI, Rafales, Mirages 2000. One can see who the odds favour specially when we consider the numbers as well.

Pakistan at least need J-10C/J-1x or MIG-35 customized version (if Su-35 is not available) to fill 4++ gen Gap and numbers (maintain ratio for keeping them away from victory) with enemy.

US Unit cost $22 million (MiG-29S, 2013)
US Unit cost $40-$55 Milion (Su-35S)
Euro Fighter might not have the numerical benefit due to high cost the delivery of Euro Fighter was quite smooth for Saudi Arabia

• With Budget of 1 Billion ~ 45 Migs
  • With budget of 1 Billion ~ 25 Su-35

Of course the weapons package can be purchased seperately

Going with this approach should lower our dependency on F16 overtime make it easier to adjust the fleet in future, may be more fly time done by Thunder

While F16 fleet would stay a bit more fresher , with reduced workload

The thing is India will not allow sale of Su-35s that easily and Russia may find it easy to sale Mig-35 as it's not long legged as SU series, but question is, what Mig-35 offer compared to JFT B3, J-10C, F-16 block-52+??

If it's better then should be good Gap filler till 5th gen arrive.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom