What's new

Evolution of Threat , and Taking Action PAF

Pakistan at least need J-10C/J-1x or MIG-35 customized version (if Su-35 is not available) to fill 4++ gen Gap and numbers (maintain ratio for keeping them away from victory) with enemy.

The thing is India will not allow sale of Su-35s that easily and Russia may find it easy to sale Mig-35 as it's not long legged as SU series, but question is, what Mig-35 offer compared to JFT B3, J-10C, F-16 block-52+??

If it's better then should be good Gap filler till 5th gen arrive.

IF we get RD-93 MA for Block 3, it will be essentially a single engine Mig-35. Funnily enough, a Russian aerospace industry official is ON RECORD saying that JF-17 is essentially a Mig-29. I find it funny when people keep bringing up this topic, ad nauseum.

What would be good addition is latest SU-35 with plasma stealth, Russia's latest radar and A-100 AEWACS. I wouldn't mind two squadrons of such SU-35s and four A-100. Of course, this is just castles in the clouds. It ain't happenin'

IF we get RD-93 MA for Block 3, it will be essentially a single engine Mig-35. Funnily enough, a Russian aerospace industry official is ON RECORD saying that JF-17 is essentially a Mig-29. I find it funny when people keep bringing up this topic, ad nauseum.

What would be good addition is latest SU-35 with plasma stealth, Russia's latest radar and A-100 AEWACS. I wouldn't mind two squadrons of such SU-35s and four A-100. Of course, this is just castles in the clouds. It ain't happenin'

Have you studied plasma stealth?? It will light air craft like a bulb in sky for IR sensor and India have Mica and ASRAAM with 50km range.

If Mig-35 offer better range and better weapons and avionics compared to JFT/J-10C then it should considered because JFT is still Light weight fighter while Mig-35 is medium class bird so there is difference.

Have you studied plasma stealth?? It will light air craft like a bulb in sky for IR sensor and India have Mica and ASRAAM with 50km range.

I actually have. And you have no idea what you are talking about.

If Mig-35 offer better range and better weapons and avionics compared to JFT/J-10C then it should considered because JFT is still Light weight fighter while Mig-35 is medium class bird so there is difference.

I would contradict you, but the whole discussion doesn't make sense until official specs of Block 3 are released. Until later.

Pakistan will bet on short and swift war of 2-3 days.Anything longer than this will be fatal.

40 Euro Fighters or Sukhoi-35 would be a great aquisition

Growing ties with UK would I think would offer great potential similarly growing Sukhoi-35 has similar benefits

Unlike the sour puss relation with USA , I think there should be no problems with respect to Euro Fighter or Sukhoi-35 as these companies are looking for customers

F-7 is great support craft / Supplimentary buddy in flight , I am sure Mirage / F7 can be a great asset

However a Timely order for 40 Twin Engine craft would be a great initiative

Till of course Project Azm completes prototye and designs
Problem.is inbthe USA puts sanction on anyone globally the white nations follow without question. I think acquiring jf17 block 3 in numbers with 5th gen home grown in 7 to 10 years will be what we need

I actually have. And you have no idea what you are talking about.

I would contradict you, but the whole discussion doesn't make sense until official specs of Block 3 are released. Until later.

You don't because what I said is said to me by aviation expert not a fan boy, that is why west did not purse that approach

Also Mig-35 carry two RD-33 latest version while JFT carry it's modified version and only one engine so how you think later will be comparable with earlier as both are in different category birds.

@gambit can you shed light on effectiveness of plasma stealth and why it is not adopted by west.

You don't because what I said is said to me by aviation expert not a fan boy, that is why west did not purse that approach

@gambit can you shed light on effectiveness of plasma stealth and why it is not adopted by west.

It is not 'adopted' by anyone because it is still under development.

But your statements about IR signature are absolutely incorrect and show complete incompetence in the subject. I will make my first attempt at explaining this by giving you a common sense logic. People are actively working towards fusion using Torsion reactors. If your logic held, then the plasma contained inside them would simply radiate all the heat as IR energy. It doesn't because it is held inside an electromagnetic field. And this is the technology behind plasma stealth as well. The 'plasma' is held inside a magnetic field.

By the way, it is classified information how the nose cone of the F-22 raptor actually works. Something for you to ponder about.

It is not 'adopted' by anyone because it is still under development.

But your statements about IR signature are absolutely incorrect and show complete incompetence in the subject. I will make my first attempt at explaining this by giving you a common sense logic. People are actively working towards fusion using Torsion reactors. If your logic held, then the plasma contained inside them would simply radiate all the heat as IR energy. It doesn't because it is held inside an electromagnetic field. And this is the technology behind plasma stealth as well. The 'plasma' is held inside a magnetic field.

By the way, it is classified information how the nose cone of the F-22 raptor actually works. Something for you to ponder about.

F-22 radar and associated components can be used to attack enemy birds that is why it is very lethal 5th gen bird.

Wrong they have different radars
Apg 66 only on your old f16
Only apt 69 on block 52

Before calling people wrong, do some research yourself.

The PAF MLU birds use the AN/APG-68(v9) radar, and it is the same set that is used in the Block 52 birds.
AN/APG-69 was developed for used in F-20 Tigershark ... its not used by any active fighter.

http://www.f-16.net/f-16-news-article2125.html
One of many resources you can google that mention the order for new as well older Block 15 upgrades

Hi my thoughts are if you have dollars to pay to Russians you can get anything
From them even su series won’t be a problem as long as you pay them according to their
Asking price as they will also be doing business on the basis of that component later
Thank you

Pakistan will bet on short and swift war of 2-3 days.Anything longer than this will be fatal.
Actually its the other way round. Remember Cold Start? Its sole purpose was contain the war and not give Pakistan the excuse to extend the conflict where the possibility of using nuclear weapons becomes real. While Pakistan would want to drag it for as long as we could until foreign powers step in.

Actually its the other way round. Remember Cold Start? Its sole purpose was contain the war and not give Pakistan the excuse to extend the conflict where the possibility of using nuclear weapons becomes real. While Pakistan would want to drag it for as long as we could until foreign powers step in.

Cold start does not exists in the manner it used to be earlier. Why foreign powers step in ? and even if they, why will they support pakistan ? why not india ?

Cold start does not exists in the manner it used to be earlier. Why foreign powers step in ? and even if they, why will they support pakistan ? why not india ?
I never said they will support anyone they will step in as to stop the war from escalating. As to why will they support Pakistan over India, simply because Pakistan was defending itself against Indian aggression. Remember Pakistan will never attack first.
Cold start exists precisely in the manner it is suppose to and its existence is first time publicly acknowledged by India.

a Russian aerospace industry official is ON RECORD saying that JF-17 is essentially a Mig-29.
lol Single engine JFT = twin engine mig 29
Are we applying same logic 1 Pakistan something something = multiple other something something.
But i like JFT tbh, its profile suits PAF well.

Problem.is inbthe USA puts sanction on anyone globally the white nations follow without question. I think acquiring jf17 block 3 in numbers with 5th gen home grown in 7 to 10 years will be what we need

Sir the problem is for time frame we should face realities with increase in operational readiness of Su30s, induction of Rafaels, up gradation of old jets and probable inclusion of 5th Gen Jet say in 5-6 Years at max by India. We should take some drastic steps we need a 5th Gen Jet 4-5 Years along with sufficient number of JF17 block 3s, then we may be able to mitigate threats. I am sorry perhaps PAF plans are same as per your thoughts but they look not to be better in short term.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom