What's new

Evacuation of villages near PKK camps begin

silko

Reaction score
Evacuation of villages near PKK camps begin

2ryfzp5.jpg

The Kurdistan Regional Government (KRG) in northern Iraq has begun the evacuation of villages near Kandil and Hakurk camps of the outlawed Kurdistan Workers' Party (PKK) today.

The evacuations were launched as a result of bilateral talks between Turkey and the KRG.

Civilians living in villages in the Kandil, Sidekan, Hakurk, Hınere and Pışdere areas will be relocated to four new camps that the regional government has begun constructing.

The new camps, consisting of 624 residences, will have a total cost of $42 million.

Turkey has been pressing on the KRG to evacuate villages near PKK camps on grounds that they provided logistical support to the organization.

The KRG said the villages were being evacuated to minimize civilian deaths in military operations conducted in the region by Turkey and Iran.

Turkey and Iran have been conducting air and artillery strikes against the PKK and its offshoot PJAK camps in northern Iraq. Turkey has also undertaken numerous land incursions into Iraq in an effort to hinder PKK activities in the region.

The PKK is listed as a terrorist organization by Turkey, the United States and the European Union.

Evacuation of villages near PKK camps begin - Hurriyet Daily News

nice to see, unlike some people we value human life.

i would like to see some more co-operation between KRG and the Turkish Governement. the pkk will have hard time fighting Ethnic Kurds to if Peshmerge joins the fight. Turkey has to push both Iraqi government and KRG to supply troops and soldiers to fight them.

pkk will have hard time blaming us for "killing civilians with bomb's from our F-16's" now!

You really believe that it'll be easier if the Peshmerge joins the fight ? You are very naive, instead of saying Iraqi army, you say Peshmerge, I think you need to read up on what Peshmerge is.

You really believe that it'll be easier if the Peshmerge joins the fight ? You are very naive, instead of saying Iraqi army, you say Peshmerge, I think you need to read up on what Peshmerge is.

better than nothing, it will atleast show some ignorant kurds here in Turkey that pkk doesnt care about their rights.

Iraq Army is pretty much useless at this point, however help would be great. althought they havent contributed with troops in this conflict.

I wonder how long these refugees will be in camps - and if in a few decades there will be international demands that Turkey and Iraq give up territory and security to accommodate a hostile new state and government on their borders.

I wonder how long these refugees will be in camps - and if in a few decades there will be international demands that Turkey and Iraq give up territory and security to accommodate a hostile new state and government on their borders.

NO WAY we'll give up our soil for some terrorists. Turkey does everything it can to fight terrorism in the area, it is the Norhern-iraqi region (Imaginary kurdistan) and the Iraqi government who doesn't do anything. look at them, the fight has been raging since the 80's and not one single Iraqi soldier have taken part in the conflict. and then they go around crying that we crank their sovereignity. what do you expect when you dont do your work!

i am curious to know, when USA invaded Iraq, how was the relation to the kurdish region and pkk?

i am curious to know, when USA invaded Iraq, how was the relation to the kurdish region and pkk?
Perhaps you aren't aware that in 2003 the U.S. had planned invading Iraq from Turkey as well as from Kuwait and Saudi Arabia - equipment had even been pre-positioned to do so, with Turkey's permission - but at the last minute Turkey declined to participate. The U.S. presence in Kurdish areas was rather limited as a result and consequently relations between Turkish kurds and the PKK were mostly unaffected by the War to Oust Saddam.

Perhaps you aren't aware that in 2003 the U.S. had planned invading Iraq from Turkey as well as from Kuwait and Saudi Arabia -.

Mate Saudi Arabia did not allow America to use its land as a staging ground for the invasion of Iraq nor its airspace . Perhaps you mean the 2nd Gulf war ( Desert Storm ) ?

NO WAY we'll give up our soil for some terrorists. Turkey does everything it can to fight terrorism in the area, it is the Norhern-iraqi region (Imaginary kurdistan) and the Iraqi government who doesn't do anything. look at them, the fight has been raging since the 80's and not one single Iraqi soldier have taken part in the conflict. and then they go around crying that we crank their sovereignity. what do you expect when you dont do your work!

Turkey did many joint operations with peshmerga's of jalal talabani and barzani in the past. Not because they liked us but out of fear.however everything changed since Akp came to power it seems they dont feel its neccesary for their own wellbieng to work with us. Basically they dont fear Turkey anymore like they used to do becuase they know akp is all about talk only..

Looks to me like you're now carrying out a war against the people.

Well the truth is those villages mentioned in the article are known pkk suppoter, the state is removing them only. You could not saywar against people started unless we start to bomb and burn them all to the ground.

Looks to me like you're now carrying out a war against the people.

Evacuation of area!

1-eliminating any possibility of civilian casualties
2-ending the pkk haresment to locals
3-cutting off logistical support of pkk

Turkey did many joint operations with peshmerga's of jalal talabani and barzani in the past. Not because they liked us but out of fear.however everything changed since Akp came to power it seems they dont feel its neccesary for their own wellbieng to work with us. Basically they dont fear Turkey anymore like they used to do becuase they know akp is all about talk only..

This move clearly illustrates that AKP is not "all about talk only". You should cool down regarding the government and look at the clear facts. In another thread you heavily insulted several members just because they inserted pictures of Erdogan and Kilicdaroglu. If you can't respect people's choice then you live in the wrong country. Stop being hot-headed about politics and look at the real situation.

Back
Top Bottom