What's new

EU says Turkey must do more

And once this crisis is over that share will move towards 55-60% again. The EU is important for Turkey, just think of all the custom fees Turkish exporters don't have to pay.

@revojam @ELTurco

Couldn't agree more, I have been thinking the same for years. It would change the EU for ever.

My friend look at the chart. The drop of share of eu is not because they are in a crisis. But because of the enormous rise of the rest of the world (14%) . Even id the eu zone wouldn't be in a crisis , the share it had in Turkish export would still drop.

Last edited by a moderator:
Turkey should just negotiate to have lesser but similar economic deals with Europe and that's it. As a Turk I'd be ashamed to see Turkey stand side by side with the people we instilled fear in for centuries. It's pathetic that we look like a country whining that they won't be friends with us too

It doesnt matter if we join or not,we are using the benefits from beeing an EU candidate country to the max.
The government is just playing along,we will never get in the EU not because we want so desperate but we have had it with them.
Since at least 35/40% of our economy depends on the EU countries,we should just keep all doors open.

It doesnt matter if we join or not,we are using the benefits from beeing an EU candidate country to the max.
The government is just playing along,we will never get in the EU not because we want so desperate but we have had it with them.
Since at least 35/40% of our economy depends on the EU countries,we should just keep all doors open.

Not enough : Despise the lower tax rate compared non-EU member states our traders still paying some amount tax to sell their products in EU countries on other hand EU countries can sell their products in Turkiye with tax free and this is exactly why AKP right now trying so hard to make a new trade deal with EU even involving US to pressure them.Lets not even forget the visa-schengen thing.

My friend look at the chart. The drop of share of eu is not because they are in a crisis. But because of the enormous rise of the rest of the world (14%) . Even id the eu zone wouldn't be in a crisis , the share it had in Turkish export would still drop.

All I'm saying is that the EU is important, its our biggest market and yes trade will increase once the crisis is over.
Turkish companies might gain bigger marketshares this time, because they have more expertise and more products. Lets flood all those European markets with Turkish goods. But don't underestimate our dependency on the EU as a market, that would be foolish.

All I'm saying is that the EU is important, its our biggest market and yes trade will increase once the crisis is over.
Turkish companies might gain bigger marketshares this time, because they have more expertise and more products. Lets flood all those European markets with Turkish goods. But don't underestimate our dependency on the EU as a market, that would be foolish.

Yes ofcourse I agree on the importance of the eu market. But we should also benefit from the strategic benefits of Turkey.
We have regionally borders with central asia , middle-east and north-africa. Giving these regions full attention will raise our export tremendously.

Yes ofcourse I agree on the importance of the eu market. But we should also benefit from the strategic benefits of Turkey.
We have regionally borders with central asia , middle-east and north-africa. Giving these regions full attention will raise our export tremendously.
We should do bussiness with all sides,not sell the one for the other.

Guys, I really enjoyed your posts, here. Firstly, almost everybody has avoided emotional posts. Secondly the economy of your country was the first priority for you.

But as a funny point, If I were EU, never I could count on AKP as a guarantied secular system!

Guys, I really enjoyed your posts, here. Firstly, almost everybody has avoided emotional posts. Secondly the economy of your country was the first priority for you.

But as a funny point, If I were EU, never I could count on AKP as a guarantied secular system!
The AKP is a gift from heaven for them,they will see the changes in the governmentel system(with all the restrictions)and will opt for a ''special relationship''between the EU and Turkey.
To make it short,Turkey will have all benefits from the EU without beeing a member(works for all).

Turkey is actually more Democratic then all other Nations in the World.

If we go more we reveal our Nation ,culture ,ancestors etc.

Turkey would be making a HUGE mistake joining the EU.

The EU isn't a democracy in the sense that the peoples and governments of the constituent countries can decide what's best from themselves whether in reference to immigration, economic, foreign, etc... policies.

Portugal, Ireland, Spain and Greece are already failing economies and if Turkey was to enter this mess it'll just be more problems than it's worth. Switzerland is successful because it asserts it's independence from the EU.

Turkey should be looking towards Muslim nations and Asia in general for growth.

Turkey would be making a HUGE mistake joining the EU.

The EU isn't a democracy in the sense that the peoples and governments of the constituent countries can decide what's best from themselves whether in reference to immigration, economic, foreign, etc... policies.

Portugal, Ireland, Spain and Greece are already failing economies and if Turkey was to enter this mess it'll just be more problems than it's worth. Switzerland is successful because it asserts it's independence from the EU.

Turkey should be looking towards Muslim nations and Asia in general for growth.

Agree, thats where the bulk of Chinese, Japanese and Korean exports go.

And one thing eu should really start to kick some countries out. It's a burden for the western European s

Europe never accepts Turkey as a member..They hate Turks and muslims,this is it.

Agreed... They have been blocking more than 35 Chapters on purpose for ages...

Strange not seeing Turkey as part of Europe isn't it, considering the Ottomans have been controlling more than half of Europe for more than 300 years...

Turkey will get on with thatever it's doing right right now and keep developing its economy and human rights... Europe will be on its knees begging them to join very soon...

Some strong country must pay the pension cheques of all the Europe's ageing population.... Amen to that...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom