What's new

EU says Turkey must do more

Admittedly i did not know this. What's the story about the referendum being overturned by Supreme Court due to insufficient turnout?

You can take example from Poland. Big, prosperous, no recession, but receives net aid in billions. Please......Turkey isn't the golden goose that will save the EU. You boys need to get that notion out of your heads.

Though i understand you are taken away with hubris a bit, after four (?) decades of attempts you feel you have the upper hand. It really is understandable, but it does not make it correct.

Comparing poland to Turkey is just stupid.
Neither their economy nor their revenues comes close to Turkey. It's not a healthy economy in any way.
I did not state that Turkey was golden goose for eu. I just stated that Turkey joinin now will be a burden on them.

Comparing poland to Turkey is just stupid.
Neither their economy nor their revenues comes close to Turkey. It's not a healthy economy in any way.
I did not state that Turkey was golden goose for eu. I just stated that Turkey joinin now will be a burden on them.

Poland has a GDP of around 550 billion,Turkey around 800,With Poland having half the population.On top of that i think Poland is the only EU nation not affected by the crisis.They have a healthy economy.In the first 10-15 years Turkey would certainly get more money than it gives,but that's normal,all new EU members get that and you can't deny that having tens of billions from the EU to pump in the economy,infrastructure would be great.

Poland has a GDP of around 550 billion,Turkey around 800,With Poland having half the population.On top of that i think Poland is the only EU nation not affected by the crisis.They have a healthy economy.In the first 10-15 years Turkey would certainly get more money than it gives,but that's normal,all new EU members get that and you can't deny that having tens of billions from the EU to pump in the economy,infrastructure would be great.

But my man poland does not have the busget turkey has. The last year they had a budget deficit worth 5% of their gdp. And this has been going on for the last 4 years their public debt is nearly 60% of their gdp. They have a budget deficit of 18% .

But my man poland does not have the busget turkey has. The last year they had a budget deficit worth 5% of their gdp. And this has been going on for the last 4 years their public debt is nearly 60% of their gdp. They have a budget deficit of 18% .

As per CIA factbook for 2012, Polands' deficit was 54.%, Turkey's was 40%. This is not a difference that makes a healthy and a sick economy. So, please.....

Anyhow, it is besides the point. If size of budget would decide which country gets aid or which pays it, france would get nothing while it is one of the biggest beneficiaries on aggregate how much it put in and how much it got back.

As per CIA factbook for 2012, Polands' deficit was 54.%, Turkey's was 40%. This is not a difference that makes a healthy and a sick economy. So, please.....

Learn the term budget deficit. Plz

What you stated is not deficit, but considering the numbers I would go for public debt to gdp ratio. Right :)

Oh and even if I was talking about debt to gdp ratio. There's a huge difference between 40% and 55 %. One is considered healthy and the other is too close to the danger zone.

Learn the term budget deficit. Plz

What you stated is not deficit, but considering the numbers I would go for public debt to gdp ratio. Right :)

lol son, your un-intelligeble punctuation is at fault. And basically every number you posted is false. So you got me confused to what you were refering. I deducted since you speak only good about Turkey you were refering to the stat in which Turkey is better. Which is public gdp/debt ratio.

Now, since you wanted it the hard way without the lubricant:

Budget deficit for Poland:

-2.1% of GDP (2012 est.)

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/pl.html

Budget deficit for Turkey:

-2.6% of GDP (2012 est.)

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/tu.html

Oh and even if I was talking about debt to gdp ratio. There's a huge difference between 40% and 55 %. One is considered healthy and the other is too close to the danger zone.

It's 54%.
If it's not 60%, you get money loans on international markets at the same rates with 40% and 54%. If you have backing of the ECB you get it even if you are at 100% + gdp/debt. Like Spain and Italy are getting.
Obviously having smaller gdp to debt ratio is better (in this case 40%), but it doesn't mean the end of the world for the guy at 54%.

Lololololol

2012 EST. Now back to reality my friend 2012 has passed it's no more an estimated exact numbers are available.

Drum sound tatattatatatatatatatatatat

Poland
2012 3,9%
2011 5 %
2010 7,9%
2009 7,4%
2008 3,7%

Turkey
2012 2,8%
2011 1,8%
2010 3,6%
2009 5,5%
2008 2,2 %

here i have two sources for you to compare.

Poland
Poland Government budget deficit 2013 | countryeconomy.com

Turkey
Turkey Government Budget | Data | Chart | Forecast | News

Next time use up to date information instead of the cia factbook of 2009.

Now walk with shame my friend.

O and one more thing.

The public debt of poland is 3 times bigger then their budget revenues in a year.
The public debt of Turkey is as big as 1 year of their busget revenues.

Sooner or later they are going to have payment problems.

I'm way in another league then you boy. Don't waste my time.

Just accept that you fvcked up and continue your life. Discussing furthermore in this discussion will only harm your reputation.

Adami boyle yagli kaziga oturtuRum

Yes, loosing sovereignty on issues that affect all, ie environment, fiscal policy (for the euro countries)

The euro was a fiasco because there weren't sufficient tools available for it's managing(no fiscal union-and that is precisely because countries had too much sovereignty with spending money.) now, slowly these flaws are being corrected with some additional sovereignty lost.

You can complain about ze evil Germans all you want, but they have been able to foresee the problems a decade before they arose. In my book that gives better legitimacy then government of Greece which got to power promising more and more tax cuts/breaks/benefits if the electorate votes for it.

Not saying Greece should loose it's sovereignty and cede powers to Brussels but in matters where your actions mean consequences not for you only (ie entire eurozone), they really should have 0 input.

That is called globalization, not EU's fault.

That won't happen.
---------------------------------------------------------

Turkey likely to move ahead on EU path in June | Reuters

We will see what comes of this.
And why wont that happen,because you said so?
Dude go troll somewhere else,your anti Turkey attitude is well known.
We allready have many benefits EU countries have so get over it and move on.
Dont worry we wont get in the EU,not because you dont want it but because we dont want it.
If we said ok to ''Cyprus''they would have opend many chapters and set a date allready.
Since we didnt,it means we dont care about joining.
Im sure that tells you enough,and dont act as if we want to get into ''''''''paradise''''''''it is not.
The EU is a lost cause,you know that as well as i do.

And why wont that happen,because you said so? Dude go troll somewhere else,your anti Turkey attitude is well known.

Because a similar deal is already regretted in the case of Switzerland. To be clear, a deal where you have all the benefits of being in but you aren't actually. Just facts, not my anti Turkey attitude.

We allready have many benefits EU countries have so get over it and move on.
Dont worry we wont get in the EU,not because you dont want it but because we dont want it.
If we said ok to ''Cyprus''they would have opend many chapters and set a date allready.
Since we didnt,it means we dont care about joining.
Im sure that tells you enough,and dont act as if we want to get into ''''''''paradise''''''''it is not.
The EU is a lost cause,you know that as well as i do.

:omghaha:

The date for further negotiations is set for June son. Learn to read. Last i saw schools in the Netherlands taught basic comprehension.
You can freely label me as being anti Turkey for calling you a retard in your next post.

Why should a Turkey, that is set to grow around 5% a year this decade, want to join an EU that may only manage around 1%?

Turkey is on the rise, and with the rise of Asia, it should not be interested in joining a dying European continent.

Europe's time is over, Turkey's is only just beginning.

Why should a Turkey, that is set to grow around 5% a year this decade, want to join an EU that may only manage around 1%?

Turkey is on the rise, and with the rise of Asia, it should not be interested in joining a dying European continent.

Exactly. The two groups are in different camps. Europe has had it's time and it's trying to preserve it's power. Turkey has yet to peak and is trying to grow, grow, grow. Hanging out with ageing, faltering countries can only hinder Turkey in the long-term, no matter how much it may help in the short.

From the economic point of view you might be correct, but unfortunately our politicians need the guidence of Europe towards a more democratic society with better living standards and mature political culture.

Maybe for the same reason that you(and many more like you) choose to live in this "dying continent" rather than their homes:ashamed:

Back
Top Bottom