What's new

EU Plans To Sell Eurofighter (Typhoon) To Pakistan Through Turkey

Status
Not open for further replies.
WHy not Pakistan EuroFighter hardware? For example and engine, perhaphs a better radar and weapons, France cancelled it for India why don't we take the chance to go to the MMRCA losers and buy their hardware. I know this country doesn't have a lot of money right now but maybe in a few months if things get better?

hahaha...:rofl::rofl: I think this guy is drunk!!!

It is going to take much, MUCH longer than a few months, years probably decades and even then when Pakistan gets on a stronger footing do you really think the FIRST thing they should be spending money on is a VERY expensive aircraft such as the EFT or Rafele (Only a few countries can afford this such as US, India,Japan, suadi and some of the EU)

For me... when we have J10B's thinking about EU fighters is wasting time...:coffee:

china operates j10 in its main strike role and seeing world scenario we can safely say that its pretty much an emerged power which would challenge any other superpower ...if pakistan can get their main strike weapon and that too for a lower cost in substantial numbers then...................

very welll job done more than enough to deter india...honestly speaking

Do u really think that FC-20 = EF? you must be sleeping.

no.... FC-20 is not as good as EFT

BUT.....

it is a 4.5gen fighter with AESA, DSI, IRST a nice ECM suite and ofcourse a range of different targeting and jamming pods!

all this and we might even get ToT, not to mention it is cheaper and wont leave us bankrupt!

The bottom line is that we don't have enough money to spend on expensive stuff like EF-2000,so its out of question whether EU wants to sell it to PAK or not .if we had that much money we should have gone for other stuff which we need badly right now . So its useless to waste time and energy on why ,when and if EU is trying to sell EF-2000 to PAK or not

Let me put the thread to sleep again.
J-10B/FC-20 would have many subsystems and technologies inherited from J-20, thus I don't see any go for EF ever. Besides who would want to buy 120 million dollars EF when you can get Stealth J-14/J-20 for $90M.

Let me put the thread to sleep again.
J-10B/FC-20 would have many subsystems and technologies inherited from J-20, thus I don't see any go for EF ever. Besides who would want to buy 120 million dollars EF when you can get Stealth J-14/J-20 for $90M.

lets hope stormforce doesnt show up:angel:

Exactly, they've already spend alot on thunder and AWACS deal, pakistan is further looking for cheaper option like J-10. US and European stuff is always expensive, but US has given alot of favors to Pakistan either by reducing the cost or by providing free stuff, as a key ally and for its own purposes.

key ally???

Sounds good

Weapons systems like Typhoons Rafaels etc are for very BIG BUDGET countries ..

No way could a small military power (small in military budget) AFFORD TO BUY EQUIP AND MAINTAIN $100M jet fighters.

Even for India whose defense budget is over 6 times pakistan m,ay struggle to buy 126 typhoons

by the time we will start reciving EFT our economy and defense budget would be almost equl to spain and italy.both are parteners of the program and if they have no problem in procuring them why would we have a problem than????/
alsowhen this mmrca deals all aircrafts will be delivered till then india's economy would be even larger than uk and france and if everthing goes well even germany can be behind india .....................

RAF is considering scrapping Tranche 1 Typhoons due to budget cuts as they don't have the money to upgrade them along with almost half of their Tornado GR4A fleet if PAF wants it so bad it can get it with Saudi Finance if they do it.

No room for typhoon in PAF, we already have our hands full than why go the most expensive route with empty pockets? It is not an option any more as far as i know.. The current PAF fleet is pretty formidable to say the least with 2 type of AWACS, AAR, and the only thing new to come is customized fc-20 as advanced 4G fighter, above blk 52s... that's it.

PAF is not formidable by any standard. Nabil.

It would struggle to contain a Massive on slaught by a LARGE well equipped enemy

They lack serious twin engined heavey fighter.
Poor Sam capability
And too many obselete fighter which have been upgraded to Death.
18 F16/52 IS THE STATE OF THE ART MR fighter.

What Formidable means to be is

Saudi Air force 200 Typhoons/F15
Israel 400 f15 & f16
Taiwan 200 F16/IRAGE2000
Eygpt 200 f16

Compare Wat you call Formidable

62 F16 & 16 Thunder (only 18 block 52)

PAF is not formidable by any standard. Nabil.

It would struggle to contain a Massive on slaught by a LARGE well equipped enemy

They lack serious twin engined heavey fighter.
Poor Sam capability
And too many obselete fighter which have been upgraded to Death.
18 F16/52 IS THE STATE OF THE ART MR fighter.

What Formidable means to be is

Saudi Air force 200 Typhoons/F15
Israel 400 f15 & f16
Taiwan 200 F16/IRAGE2000
Eygpt 200 f16

Compare Wat you call Formidable

62 F16 & 16 Thunder (only 18 block 52)

they have no large WELL equipped enemy to defend against(realistically usa is not gonna invade). at any rate who would not struggle against a large and well equipped enemy? the us would have problems too if an enemy at their tech level invades in huge numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom