What's new

EU bans Indian Alphonso mangoes

Now that Pakistani Mangoes are banned in America -
Pakistani mangoes aren't banned in the U.S.; they have to be processed specially. All the technical and regulatory hurdles were worked out a few years ago and apparently a few were shipped here before Pakistani exporters decided it wasn't worthwhile to do so.

A word of advice: don't try to bring your own fruit into the U.S. In pre-9/11 days I saw people who did so surrounded by dogs and customs officers, forbidden to leave the area - or even move! - until the unhappy traveler had either consumed their fruit or thrown it away in the special trash bin nearby. After that it was up to Customs whether to apply criminal charges or not.

No I am a traveler by profession.

Israel and Turkey were two countries of my interest where I wanted to explore the two countries on a personal level. So last year I took time to explore them both to my heart's content.

Nice!!:tup::tup::tup: Way to go mate. One life, one planet. Explore all you can.:)

Oh! You wouldn've gotteen failing in your englishing testing???

I was embarrassing in frontingg of the hole classed.

I wz sads :(

Well language is a means of communication and most probably you understood what I meant then why do you want me to bang my head against a wall for a word??? :coffee:

Proper syntax is important.

how dare they ban the king? :mad:

Poverty King, pffffft.

This seems to be a quality problem. At the moment those fruits don´t suit EU standards. Once they fullfill the standard they will be allowed again.

This seems to be a quality problem. At the moment those fruits don´t suit EU standards. Once they fullfill the standard they will be allowed again.

Dude have you ever eaten mangoes in your life :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I have eaten mangoes all over europe one thing i can tell you is that they are not mango :lol::lol::lol: They taste like shit and EuropeanS think it's mango :lol::lol::lol:

You got to try real mangoes :big_boss: And it's not about standards but keeping the business inside EU and saving jobs and etc.

You are European so i would advice you to know your shit better than me others:cheesy:

More of a packaging problem. It seems a few flies and other pests were discovered along with the mangoes. Fair enough that they have temporarily banned the imports from India.

BTW, I think Germans are yet to taste the best mangoes. The ones in Wasgau and Netto are from Brazil while the ones in Asian stores seem to be substandard ones from the subcontinent. None have the smell and taste that's associated with good quality mangoes.

Dude have you ever eaten mangoes in your life :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I have eaten mangoes all over europe one thing i can tell you is that they are not mango :lol::lol::lol: They taste like shit and EuropeanS think it's mango :lol::lol::lol:

You got to try real mangoes :big_boss: And it's not about standards but keeping the business inside EU and saving jobs and etc.

You are European so i would advice you to know your shit better than me others:cheesy:

Of course i have eaten mangoes. I don´t like them much. The core is annoying to cut around.

As for the problem. don´t they use nitrogen on the fruits to kill pests?

One thing i know for sure is that it's not about pest and any chemicals . Its direct lobbying
Of course i have eaten mangoes. I don´t like them much. The core is annoying to cut around.

As for the problem. don´t they use nitrogen on the fruits to kill pests?

Being an assistant for lobbyist for 6 months what i can really tell you is that these claims are meant to protect EU business and camp for the party with deeper pockets for MP's sitting in parliament.

Do you know EU has code which actually explains how big and how thick a banana should be sold in EU. All about pests , we all use it . Have you seen how the beard basket of EU (Poland) uses pest ? :crazy: Think more :big_boss: EU is more about business than people like you and me :smokin:

One thing i know for sure is that it's not about pest and any chemicals . Its direct lobbying

Being an assistant for lobbyist for 6 months what i can really tell you is that these claims are meant to protect EU business and camp for the party with deeper pockets for MP's sitting in parliament.

Do you know EU has code which actually explains how big and how thick a banana should be sold in EU. All about pests , we all use it . Have you seen how the beard basket of EU (Poland) uses pest ? :crazy: Think more :big_boss: EU is more about business than people like you and me :smokin:

We don´t grow mangoes in EU, so its not about import business. There are industrial standards you need to fullfill and i´m sure as soon they are fullfilled the ban is lifted.

Back
Top Bottom