What's new

Ethiopia army voices readiness to pay the price for Nile dam

@Belew_Kelew
can you tell us about the Egyptisn capabilities to destroy the dam?
Nobody in this forum, sees it beside a limited sabotage operation..Egypt doesnot have a capability to raid the dam without Soudan's help. To add to that the last conflict where Egyptian troops where in involved was 40 years ago, while Ethipian troops are more active in different part of African continent maintaining peace.
plus the water problem is not limited to the Egyptian/Ethipian arm wrestling it concerns 6 more countries at least.

@Belew_Kelew
Nobody in this forum, sees it beside a limited sabotage operation..Egypt doesnot have a capability to raid the dam without Soudan's help. To add to that the last conflict where Egyptian troops where in involved was 40 years ago, while Ethipian troops are more active in different part of African continent maintaining peace.
plus the water problem is not limited to the Egyptian/Ethipian arm wrestling it concerns 6 more countries at least.

1991 and several conflicts around the world in UN missions.

1991 and sever conflicts around the world in UN missions.
If you are talking about desert storm, none of the arab forces took part in the combat. And having handfull of soldiers participating in the UN is not representative of an army ability to conduct raids far away from its borders.

Only some medieval formations in the empty desert for pics
Various_Arabic_Troops_during_Operation_Desert_Storm.jpg

@Doritos11

Stick to the topic.

@Belew_Kelew

Yet, what tells you that North Sudan will not side with Egypt? Your theory is as good as brother @Belew_Kelew 's that actually, unlike you, is a native of the region and former soldier. He knows what he is talking about unlike most here.

If you are talking about desert storm, none of the arab forces took part in the combat. And having handfull of soldiers participating in the UN is not representative of an army ability to conduct raids far away from its borders.

Not true.

Although they didn't take as much responsibility as other coalition forces the Arab forces did see action. It also caused a major overhaul in how the Armed Forces dealt with the command and control of its forces away from its own borders, as for the UN its only an example of missions that to this day Egyptian forces are involved in and suffer casualties in as you wrote that Egyptian forces have not been involved in any conflicts since I presume 1973, although there was the short spanned Libyan war and the aftermath of the Balkan troubles. You have a lot of misconceptions about the Egyptian Armed Forces and its capabilities, it seems Ethiopia does not.

@Doritos11
XYet, what tells you that North Sudan will not side with Egypt? Your theory is as good as brother @Belew_Kelew 's that actually, unlike you, is a native of the region and former soldier. He knows what he is talking about unlike most here.
He maybe Erytreen, buy we are more aware og the situation in horn of Africa, sinve it is Algeria that mediate a peace accord between the two, and it is Algerian transport plane that move most of the African troops in peace duties within the UA mandate.

Not true.

Alid reafhough they didn't take as much responsibility as other coalition forces the Arab forces did see action. It also caused a major overhaul in how the Armed Forces dealt with the command and control of its forces away from its own borders, as for the UN its only an example of missions that to this day Egyptian forces are involved in and suffer casualties in as you wrote that Egyptian forces have not been involved in any conflicts since I presume 1973, although there was the short spanned Libyan war and the aftermath of the Balkan troubles. You have a lot of misconceptions about the Egyptian Armed Forces and its capabilities, it seems Ethiopia does not.
Doubt that I am wrong about desert storm. All you need to do is read the book schwartskoff wtote about it. Arabs troops refused to fight Irakis and they were used only as fillers in Koweit only, after the Marines has regained it for the Irakis.
There is nobody that the Egyptian army than us and we do not have any misconception about its capabilities. But to conduct a rsid of a certain magnitude to destroy the dam is beyond Egypt's current capability without using Sudan as launching pad.
Libya has share a border with you and still wasn't a cake walk..
Sitting around a table is the best remedy for everyone concerns.

@Belew_Kelew

Yes Egypt doesn't have the capabilities to execute a direct strike from its bases near aswan as the distance is out of reach however if they use bases in Yemen, saudia arabia then this could be done. If they use bases In Eritrea they can just throw a rock instead of flying out to hit the dam however i doubt Eritrea is going to get itself deeply involve in this.

Ethiopian troops who are on peace mission or more or less a token force for political reasons, Ethiopians do not have any experience of fighting outside their comfort area. The water problem doesn't concern egypt when it comes to the other 6 countries because 90% of egypt water originate from the Blue Nile in ethiopia. so egypt would be better off if the other nile basin countries who got the white nile builds dam while ethiopia doesn't.

Doubt that I am wrong about desert storm.

You are.

. All you need to do is read the book schwartskoff wtote about it

Read it.

Arabs troops refused to fight Irakis and they were used only as fillers in Koweit only, after the Marines has regained it for the Irakis.

The Arab troops performed the way they did due to the relationship they had with their Iraqi brethren, refusing to fight the enemy is not to be ashamed of, being unable to do so is another matter. The Arab forces were only there as a token, that's granted, but that doesn't mean they didn't learn a great deal out of the war nor does it mean they weren't a valuable asset during the war.

There is nobody that the Egyptian army than us and we do not have any misconception about its capabilities.

Who is we? You represent yourself and yourself alone (as I do) and you have a lot of misconceptions that I have cleared up before and ones that I need not bring up in this thread. The first part of your sentence is unintelligible.

But to conduct a rsid of a certain magnitude to destroy the dam is beyond Egypt's current capability without using Sudan as launching pad.

You may think that, as would I but are you 100% certain, even without knowing what is and what isn't at Egypt's disposal be it inhouse or from other nations? We are both amateur military enthusiasts, we don't have knowledge of every capability that is at the disposal of our own armed forces nor that of a foreign nation, we can always approximate though.

Libya has share a border with you and still wasn't a cake walk..

Actually it was.

Sitting around a table is the best remedy for everyone concerns.

Of course it is, but all options are on the table. Ethiopia has not questioned whether we can strike rather if we will strike.

He maybe Erytreen, buy we are more aware og the situation in horn of Africa, sinve it is Algeria that mediate a peace accord between the two, and it is Algerian transport plane that move most of the African troops in peace duties within the UA mandate.

Just because you have done the algiers peace accord doesn't mean you know everything, infact you just hosted that meeting while all the work was done y other int. organizations. You can't even spell "Eritrean" that shows how more aware you are on the situation in the horn.lol

Just because you have done the algiers peace accord doesn't mean you know everything, infact you just hosted that meeting while all the work was done y other int. organizations. You can't even spell "Eritrean" that shows how more aware you are on the situation in the horn.lol
You can't mediate if you don't the facts! Contrary to your believe, Algeria is very present and respected in Africa and it's counsel is well sought after. The proof the peace treaty is still holding and Ethiopian are off your back.
Sorry for misspelling your origin, I thought the French way will take a little of your crassyness.

You are.

Read it.

The Arab troops performed the way they did due to the relationship they had with their Iraqi brethren, refusing to fight the enemy is not to be ashamed of, being unable to do so is another matter. The Arab forces were only there as a token, that's granted, but that doesn't mean they didn't learn a great deal out of the war nor does it mean they weren't a valuable asset during the war.

Who is we? You represent yourself and yourself alone (as I do) and you have a lot of misconceptions that I have cleared up before and ones that I need not bring up in this thread. The first part of your sentence is unintelligible.

You may think that, as would I but are you 100% certain, even without knowing what is and what isn't at Egypt's disposal be it inhouse or from other nations? We are both amateur military enthusiasts, we don't have knowledge of every capability that is at the disposal of our own armed forces nor that of a foreign nation, we can always approximate though.

Actually it was.

Of course it is, but all options are on the table. Ethiopia has not questioned whether we can strike rather if we will strike.
Sorry for the gibrish my phone added , you did get most of it. I have an opposite view on most what you wrote, but the last paragraph.
The table is still the best outcome and Egypt will emerge stronger and bigger in the eyes of the world. In war, only the start is known. ...

Last edited:
You can't mediate if you don't the facts! Contrary to your believe, Algeria is very present and respected in Africa and it's counsel is well sought after. The proof the peace treaty is still holding and Ethiopian are off your back.
Sorry for misspelling your origin, I thought the French way will take a little of your crassyness.

Sorry for the gibrish my phone added , you did get most of it. I have an opposite view on most what you wrote, but the last paragraph.
The table is still the best outcome and Egypt will emerge stronger and bigger in the eyes of the world. In war, only the start is known. ...

@Belew_Kelew

They do not have capability to strike Ethiopia dam true but Egypt would rape Sudan as a revenge for its position and destabilize Ethiopia through proxy wars something Ethiopia cant afford either this would happen if Egypt loses most of its water .

it is important for Ethiopia and Sudan to ensure atleast a reasonable amount of water reaches Egypt or esle all of them will sink together.

Not true.

Although they didn't take as much responsibility as other coalition forces the Arab forces did see action. It also caused a major overhaul in how the Armed Forces dealt with the command and control of its forces away from its own borders, as for the UN its only an example of missions that to this day Egyptian forces are involved in and suffer casualties in as you wrote that Egyptian forces have not been involved in any conflicts since I presume 1973, although there was the short spanned Libyan war and the aftermath of the Balkan troubles. You have a lot of misconceptions about the Egyptian Armed Forces and its capabilities, it seems Ethiopia does not.

if things does not work out the best solution would be entering a limited war with sudan and taking over Bahr ahmar province and kassala making sudan lose its only sea access and also supporting insurgents in darfur region , it would put Egypt right onto Ethiopia borders.

Egypt should concentrate more on threatening Sudan rather than ethiopia and that if Egypt loses significant portion of its water then Egypt would destabilize sudan and turn it into hell.

@Doritos11

Stick to the topic.

Yet, what tells you that North Sudan will not side with Egypt? Your theory is as good as brother @Belew_Kelew 's that actually, unlike you, is a native of the region and former soldier. He knows what he is talking about unlike most here.

north sudan sides with ethiopia and most probably the war will between Egypt and North sudan , not Egypt and Ethiopia .

@mahatir

You suddenly act as if Egypt is 1940 Germany ready to go imperial, what do you smoke anyway always these extreme opinions.

Back
Top Bottom