What's new

Ethiopia army voices readiness to pay the price for Nile dam

waiting for a war for quite some time, hope it happens.
PDF is not enough distraction :no:

Egyptian army is much stronger. I doubt Ethiopia will make such a move. I really would like to see that Christian stronghold being slapped down tough. They keep negging muslims.
Neither one can make a move..there is at least one country as a buffer..and neither one of them has an arm that long to slap the other..

Egypt will bomb the dam once its half full then whole Ethiopia will sink down.
I guess you will let them use the Saudi strategic B2B's to do that...or use your pilots for that matter. Since their Houti's performance, they set the bar so high that you became the envy of the Arab air forces...

Last edited:
True. They said " All options are one the table "
which table?

It will be limited to Air Strikes, Cover Ops, Naval engagements, in all of which Egypt is going to beat the living crap out of Ethiopians.
Egypt does not have the experience or the material capability to conduct a task of that magnitude away from her borders...Nor the Ethiopia for that matter. The only smart thing to do, is sit down and review the water Quota agreement in place.

Last edited:
Egypt has the right to bomb the dam if it is going to be a threat to its national security. Israel went all the way to Sudan, did the same to Syria, Lebanon and Iraq when it came to its national security. I didn't see any sanction imposed on Israel for violating international law ! Sanctions Egypt is very hard thing to do since it has GCC back up whom the superpower companied can't sanction. Saudi Arabia went several miles inside yemen and have its troops deployed in Bahrain where the superpower stayed put.
Egypt, has no right to bomb the dam even if it is seen as security threat, which is not. It may disrupt the water flow for a time, but mother nature has a way to heal itself. The best deal for both, is to sit and review the water quota.
Egypt is not Israel, Egypt, doesn't have the material and logistical capabilities of the latter, and she is a Muslim country and the west will look at her as a threat every time an Egyptian toe wondered beyond its sandal.
Funny you mentioned your disastrous Houti and you Bahreini adventures, both would have been taken without the OK of the US..So please don't act like the KSA its a power of its own reckoning, knowing that the Sauds can't venture after dark , outside their entrenchments without a helping hand.
I think that Egyptian are wise enough not to take the GCC's promises at their face value , like Sadat did. Arabs are known to talk with the side of their mouth.

It's up to Ethiopia to show us otherwise, or their pet project may just go down the toilet if all diplomatic measures fail.

How Egypt can manage that, considering that there is two countries between Addis abeba and Cairo

Last edited:
Northern Sudan is an fellow Arab country and will side with Egypt.

Eritrea hates Ethiopia and so does Somalia next door.

In short Ethiopia stands no chance and Egypt will do what is necessary when she will be forced to do so and I am sure that she will get plenty of support from the neighborhood.

Simple as that.

How Egypt can manage that, considering that there is two countries between Addis abeba and Cairo

One.

If there's one thing of note is that Ethiopia itself has not questioned Egypt's ability to strike the dam. That in itself speaks volumes.

lol, was banned. Doing good, thanks. Likewise to you.
They banned you too..welcome to tje club, friend! I lost ma security clearance for the Syrisn thread. Your half breed countryman and the Jordanian sweet lips needed a leg up....But noyhing changed, TNT hasn't stopped , SAA whipping and wipping the sruffy beard...on this earth.

[="Frogman, post: 5327814, member: 146673"]One.

If there's one thing of note is that Ethiopia itself has not questioned Egypt's ability to strike the dam. That in itself speaks volumes.[/quote]
Beside covert sabotage, I still don't see how Egypt can raid the dam, without using Sudan's help.

Last edited:
which table?

Egypt does not have the experience or the material capability to conduct a task of that magnitude away from her borders...Nor the Ethiopia for that matter. The only smart thing to do, is sit down and review the water Quota agreement in place.

They do have many indirect capabilities to destroy the dam, but the issue is the justification to destroy the dam if all diplomatic effort fails. I wouldn't try to test this issue against Egypt as i would harm my neighbour if he ever tries to cut off the water pipe coming to my house.

Egypt, has no right to bomb the dam even if it is seen as security threat, which is not. It may disrupt the water flow for a time, but mother nature has a way to heal itself. The best deal for both, is to sit and review the water quota.
Egypt is not Israel, Egypt, doesn't have the material and logistical capabilities of the latter, and she is a Muslim country and the west will look at her as a threat every time an Egyptian toe wondered beyond its sandal.
Funny you mentioned your disastrous Houti and you Bahreini adventures, both would have been taken without the OK of the US..So please don't act like the KSA its a power of its own reckoning, knowing that the Sauds can't venture after dark , outside their entrenchments without a helping hand.
I think that Egyptian are wise enough not to take the GCC's promises at their face value , like Sadat did. Arabs are known to talk with the side of their mouth.

Egypt bombing the dam would be considered a grey area if all diplomatic effort has been exhausted, the problem is ethiopia does not want to review the effect of the dam Nor they want to co-operate with egyptians to make sure no risk is arised towards egypt water quota. Egypt has more tools to use than many think, beside egypt did take action in the 1970's when they sank an ethiopian ship which was loaded with materials for the dam after that egypt abandoned its plan and backed off, Ethiopians are not hard to read they love bluffing and when the guns are turned against them they do back down.

Northern Sudan is an fellow Arab country and will side with Egypt.

Eritrea hates Ethiopia and so does Somalia next door.

In short Ethiopia stands no chance and Egypt will do what is necessary when she will be forced to do so and I am sure that she will get plenty of support from the neighborhood.

Simple as that.

Don't know about North sudan they are officially on Ethiopian side, like i said you can't trust sudanese they change their position like a fielder in a cricket game.

Last edited:
@Belew_Kelew

May I ask where you are from bro? You seem knowledgeable about the Horn of Africa and immediate region.

Yes, but at the end of the day North Sudan would side with a fellow Arab country and neighbor such as Egypt before they would do it with Ethiopia.

But they have their issues to look after in South Sudan. They are yet to determine which land is whose and most importantly the oil questions and the pipelines.

@Belew_Kelew

May I ask where you are from bro? You seem knowledgeable about the Horn of Africa and immediate region.

Yes, but at the end of the day North Sudan would side with a fellow Arab country and neighbor such as Egypt before they would do it with Ethiopia.

But they have their issues to look after in South Sudan. They are yet to determine which land is whose and most importantly the oil questions and the pipelines.

Hello Al hasani,

I am from Eritrea. I have abit of knewledge because i was in the Eritrean Liberation army when Eritrea became independent many years ago. so that does help me with military assesments and being Eritrean help me for having knowledge about the region politics.

You can't rely on north sudan these days few weeks ago Al-bashir went to ethiopia and told them infront of a crowd that their dam is the hope of africa and they are the key of african success, and only short time before he told reporters about how the Nile is egypt right and so on, Bashir ruling days is numbered and he knows that the whole region is set up for a make over and he is not on the plan. (see south sudan problems for a hint) so north sudan and al bashir would even go to isreal these days if he knows that would spare him the axe let alone saying few nice words for ethiopia and siding with them.

Hello Al hasani,

I am from Eritrea. I have abit of knewledge because i was in the Eritrean Liberation army when Eritrea became independent many years ago. so that does help me with military assesments and being Eritrean help me for having knowledge about the region politics.

You can't rely on north sudan these days few weeks ago Al-bashir went to ethiopia and told them infront of a crowd that their dam is the hope of africa and they are the key of african success, and only short time before he told reporters about how the Nile is egypt right and so on, Bashir ruling days is numbered and he knows that the whole region is set up for a make over and he is not on the plan. (see south sudan problems for a hint) so north sudan and al bashir would even go to isreal these days if he knows that would spare him the axe let alone saying few nice words for ethiopia and siding with them.

Always a pleasure to met a person from Horn of Africa due to the ancient cultural, religious, linguistic and ancestral ties among the Semitic speaking populations of the Horn of Africa with the Arab world and in particular the Arabian Peninsula. I had the pleasure to met a lot of people from Horn of Africa.

Ethiopian Semitic languages - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Please feel welcome.

Interesting. Then we have a real military man on this forum and not only mostly enthusiasts.

Yes, I know that Al-Bashir is a unreliable person and often plays on numerous horses (Pan-Arabism, Pan-Africanism, Pan-Islamism etc.). A bit like another madman Gaddafi.

So what is your take on this as a whole? You think that the solution is a diplomatic one? In case of a military conflict what do you think that North and South Sudan would do respectively?

I'm with Ethiopia, screw you guys. :D

Well half of them are Semitic too, LOL. Good people. But I am sure that this will be solved diplomatically. All 3 countries rely on the Nile. They should be wise enough not to create problems.

Anyway as an Arab I will obviously stick with our neighbors the Egyptians.

You are such an anti-Arab troll of late.:D

Always a pleasure to met a person from Horn of Africa due to the ancient cultural, religious, linguistic and ancestral ties among the Semitic speaking populations of the Horn of Africa with the Arab world and in particular the Arabian Peninsula. I had the pleasure to met a lot of people from Horn of Africa.

Please feel welcome.

Interesting. Then we have a real military man on this forum and not only mostly enthusiasts.

Yes, I know that Al-Bashir is a unreliable person and often plays on numerous horses (Pan-Arabism, Pan-Africanism, Pan-Islamism etc.). A bit like another madman Gaddafi.

So what is your take on this as a whole? You think that the solution is a diplomatic one? In case of a military conflict what do you think that North and South Sudan would do respectively?

The pleasure is mutual My friend. Our cultural and ancestoral Ties with Arabia is evident and we do have a nice relation with our arab Cousins across the red sea. The semitic population In the horn stem from 2 semitic tribes Himyar and Saba, you will find that the Eritreans are mostly descendent from Himarites ancient Tribes while the Ethiopians are mostly from the sabeans (hadramut) tribes, That is why i think till this day Eritreans and ethiopians don't like each other since the sabeans and Himyarites were always at war for the last 3000-4000 years.lol

Yeah al Bashir is Unrelaible to tell you the truth, the latest news is Egypt and Eritrea are striking a military alliance which is worrying the Ethiopians.

I think the whole region is destined for a makeover, however there are few obsatcles to this mainly china and russian interference in the region, they even got to ugandan president and he even know is telling the west to go away by insulting them, he went from american main ally to one of the most anti-american within a year. South sudan is stuck in the middle of it as it seems like the pro american silva Kiir who is ugandan president ally is fighting an Nuer opposition who are getting supplied by Ethiopians behind a curtian so i expect this war to continue as the Nuer rebel army and the Dinka SPLA government army hate goes long way back, It's getting really messy at the moment and it's going to get messier. I think Egypt has to push on the right Ethiopian wound to get them to back down, Ethiopia has too many open wound you don't need to hit Ethiopia to get a result you just need to apply pressure to one of their open wound and the effect is much more effective.

I'm with Ethiopia, screw you guys. :D

Good luck with that. :)

Well half of them are Semitic too, LOL. Good people. But I am sure that this will be solved diplomatically. All 3 countries rely on the Nile. They should be wise enough not to create problems.

Anyway as an Arab I will obviously stick with our neighbors the Egyptians.

You are such an anti-Arab troll of late.:D

You didnt keep your promise about arab wimminz. :nana:

The pleasure is mutual My friend. Our cultural and ancestoral Ties with Arabia is evident and we do have a nice relation with our arab Cousins across the red sea. The semitic population In the horn stem from 2 semitic tribes Himyar and Saba, you will find that the Eritreans are mostly descendent from Himarites ancient Tribes while the Ethiopians are mostly from the sabeans (hadramut) tribes, That is why i think till this day Eritreans and ethiopians don't like each other since the sabeans and Himyarites were always at war for the last 3000-4000 years.lol

Yeah al Bashir is Unrelaible to tell you the truth, the latest news is Egypt and Eritrea are striking a military alliance which is worrying the Ethiopians.

I think the whole region is destined for a makeover, however there are few obsatcles to this mainly china and russian interference in the region, they even got to ugandan president and he even know is telling the west to go away by insulting them, he went from american main ally to one of the most anti-american within a year. South sudan is stuck in the middle of it as it seems like the pro american silva Kiir who is ugandan president ally is fighting an Nuer opposition who are getting supplied by Ethiopians behind a curtian so i expect this war to continue as the Nuer rebel army and the Dinka SPLA government army hate goes long way back, It's getting really messy at the moment and it's going to get messier. I think Egypt has to push on the right Ethiopian wound to get them to back down, Ethiopia has too many open wound you don't need to hit Ethiopia to get a result you just need to apply pressure to one of their open wound and the effect is much more effective.

Good luck with that. :)

Indeed it is a pleasure. I am very happy to see people that do know about their history and the regions history. Very encouraging. Yeah, you are right about the Himyarites and Sabaeans.:lol:

Although I am not 100% familiar with the internal history between the people of Ethiopia and Eritrea and the conflicts there. More so in recent times.

Yes, that's good news. Egypt and Eritrea should work together. Especially since both countries have access to the same sea (the beautiful Red Sea).

Thank you for that explanation. Yes, I do believe that it can get nasty but let us hope that peace will prevail and that a solution will be found.:)

Please accept my friendship here.

Oh, you are doing great for a supposed 113 year old.:lol:

Back
Top Bottom