What's new

ERDOGAN: MUSLIMS WERE FIRST TO DISCOVER THE AMERICAS

They tinkered with his speech....That's not what he said..... also they tinkered, and/or miss translated rest of his speech.

....[Erdogan] slammed criticisms from columnists and cartoonists mocking his claims that Muslim sailors discovered the Americas and constructed a mosque in Cuba centuries before Columbus. “Why [do they not believe it]? Because they have never believed that a Muslim can do such a thing..."

Erdogan's logic is that since Muslims COULD have discovered America that means Muslims actually DID discover America. He's giving us an idea of the limits he will push the re-writing of history here: he won't claim that two plus two equals five, or that the world is flat, but that if Muslims had the ability to make great achievements therefore they did.

Sinan, why aren't you out on the streets screaming, "Thief, thief!" in front of Erdgan's palace?

....[Erdogan] slammed criticisms from columnists and cartoonists mocking his claims that Muslim sailors discovered the Americas and constructed a mosque in Cuba centuries before Columbus. “Why [do they not believe it]? Because they have never believed that a Muslim can do such a thing..."
Erdogan's logic is that since Muslims COULD have discovered America that means Muslims actually DID discover America. He's giving us an idea of the limits he will push the re-writing of history here: he won't claim that two plus two equals five, or that the world is flat, but that if Muslims had the ability to make great achievements therefore they did.
Sinan, why aren't you out on the streets screaming, "Thief, thief!" in front of Erdgan's palace?

@Sinan, what did he say?

Almost everything is from this article is wrong... Original one here... Cumhurbaşkanı Erdoğan: Sizin özgüveniniz yok Videosu

First, he says "this claim doesn't belongs to me but scientists and historians through the world....(he gave a few names). But they ( referring to Turkish columnists and social media users who mocked him) instead of researching the subject, they didn't believed it...
Why ? Because they have no self-confidence in themselves."

Addressing the youth...."First look into your history and know that you are citizens of a big/powerful country. Have self-confidence."

Addressing the youth...."First look into your history and know that you are citizens of a big/powerful country. Have self-confidence."
He's the anti-Ataturk. Now that he's helped grow Turkey's economy and mess up the neighbors he's re-writing history to claim that all-was-well-in-the-past-so-support-my-vision-of-the-future.

Erdoğans voters should do that....not me.
Why should you get off the hook?

I have done my part in "Gezi Protests"
Sinan, Erdo is out to destroy democracy completely in favor of dictatorship. You know that. Do you really think Turks will have the opportunity to contest that in another election? If so, you need to engage your countrymen and support or offer an alternate leadership. If not, you have to find another way to call Erdo to account. Either way you don't get to sit on your butt, do you?

Sinan, Erdo is out to destroy democracy completely in favor of dictatorship. You know that. Do you really think Turks will have the opportunity to contest that in another election? If so, you need to engage your countrymen and support or offer an alternate leadership. If not, you have to find another way to call Erdo to account. Either way you don't get to sit on your butt, do you?

What should he do after not finding alternative person? I'm curious:-).

We don't have an alternate...that's the reason why he is getting all the votes.

What should he do after not finding alternative person? I'm curious:-).

Lol, you beat me. :)

There are some historians who argue that the Chinese Admiral Zheng He (a Muslim) sailed the coast of the west coast of the Americas.

'Who Discovered America?': Controversial historian Gavin Menzies claims Chinese reached New World first | Daily Mail Online

But the fact is all these claims of "discovery", "founded" are bs because there were Native Americans already living there, you can't claim to find something first when there are already inhabitants living there. If the claim is first to find it from outside the Americas that is a different claim all together.

Back
Top Bottom