What's new

Erbil, Iraq: Ballistic Missiles used to strike a house near US Consulate

You obviously have very limited knowledge about Iran or the West Asian military dynamic in general. We are topographically unenterable from the heavily mountainous north and northwest. This advantage is the reason that out of ~2800 years old history as a nation starting from the Medes empire, Iran as an entity has been a free nation for around 85 % of its history with the least amount of time under foreign/unrelated blood rule (I can do the math for you if want), compare that to other steppe or plains dwelling groups around us who could not defend easily against invaders on plainer fields. This topographical advantage works for us even today to the point that our North and Northwest is as secure as it gets, no one is going to roll us over with their armored columns on that topography. Then comes the western border. Iraqi and Syrian land is our buffer zone guarded by our staunch allied Governments and their militaries supported by our proxy forces so the western border is as secure as it gets. US is no longer operating from its Af-Pak bases like it used to do for years so east and southeast is secure too. So who will "invade us" and more importantly from where?

That leaves the Israeli-Saudi-UAE nexus. If they risk escalation with Iran, bad bad things will happen to their militaries and economies. That becomes a military discussion (that I can have in a separate thread another time) like who has larger missiles and more oil earned billions to throw in war. There is a reason that our staunch enemies who want to see us down do nothing against us other than lip service and media antics. They know these things better than you trust me.

I am not sure if you are being serious..

Also last time you said that Ghorids, Ghazanvids, khwarezmian empire, Samanid empire, Ilkhanate, Timurid and Seljuqs were local? I didn't want to answer you because I thought you were trolling.. Majority of them were Oghuz, Ubzeks, Kazakhs and Mongols while the Samanid was the only local one because they are Tajik which is an eastern iranic group. Then there is the Rashidun, Ummayyid and Abbasid eras.

I would say upwards to 1000 years Iran has been with foreigners.

There is no political incentive to invade you currently believe me and if it were you won't be able to stop it because it is about scale which you don't have. They have massives alliances and groups but you don't.. WW3 will be a war of major alliances. Lone wolfs will be the first to go.. But there is no political incentive.

But you have every right in believing in yourself and I see no crime in that

Last edited:
So you are telling me Israel strikes Syria to only humiliate Iran
No, I'm saying if Iran attack Israel directly, Israel could also attack inside Iran from Iraqi airspace. Iran is worried about that humiliation because of their bravado which they won't be able to back up at that point.

No, I'm saying if Iran attack Israel directly, Israel could also attack inside Iran from Iraqi airspace. Iran is worried about that humiliation because of their bravado which they won't be able to back up at that point.

Okay now I am with you

US Consulate in Blue, K24 TV studio in Red, Target site in Purple

InkedScreenshot_813_LI.jpg

Here is a much longer video that shows a massive secondary explosion

Screenshot_20220313-220856_Samsung_Internet.jpg

The Iranian ambassador in Baghdad informed the Iraqi Foreign Ministry that there are three other Mossad centers in Erbil that must be addressed and expelled, otherwise they will be hit in the coming days.

Last edited:
By not retaliating to Iranian strikes on Al Asad airbase in 2020 after solemani assassination, US has emboldened the Iranians. Never before 2020 would they have the guts to do this. Complete disregard for US. But had trump retaliated that would have lead to a war for sure. So pros and cons, don’t act and the Persians forget their place, act and another 10 years in the Middle East with a rising China. They choose the former, so now dealing with those consequences.

The Persians are mayhem creators in the Middle East, they don’t have any allies, just proxies. And they collaborated with the US (who they call the biggest Shatan) to overthrow Saddam. Also benefited the most afterwards. Lebanon could have been a peaceful country, such beautiful country, such good food, was the Paris of the Middle East. Now is just filled with hate with the Sunnis and Shias and Christians hating each other. Did Sunni countries ever try to form a armed militia in Lebanon, or did the EU ever try to create a Christian militia after the Taif Agreement? Guess who did? Hezbollah insults other religious groups both the Sunni and the Christians, storms into other neighbourhoods armed to the teeth. And is corrupt and prevented the investigation of the Beirut blast to cover themselves which is proof of their ability to undermine the state. The regular Iranians don’t want all of these regional proxies, they just want to be free and have a good economy. Iran has one of the lowest birth rates because the people are refusing to have kids in such bad economic conditions. I have meet plenty of Iranians abroad who hate their kleptocratic regime, and quite friendly and out going people who deserve better.

Iran should try to act as a normal country for once. And bring back the Shah, he was a true patriot, who was removed by external forces by supporting the so called revolution, to ferment sect based conflict in the Middle East. The Shah was a better friend of Pakistan than the Mullahs could ever be.

Last edited:
I am not sure if you are being serious..

Also last time you said that Ghorids, Ghazanvids, khwarezmian empire, Samanid empire, Ilkhanate, Timurid and Seljuqs were local? I didn't want to answer you.. Majority of them were Oghuz, Ubzeks, Kazakhs and Mongols while the Samanid was the only local one because they are Tajik which is an eastern iranic group. Then there is the Rashidun, Ummayyid and Abbasid eras.

I would say upwards to 1000 years Iran has been with foreigners.

There is no political incentive to invade you currently believe me but that could change and if it were to change you won't be able to stop it because it is about scale which you don't have. They have massives alliances and groups but you don't.. WW3 will be a war of major alliances. Lone wolfs and outnumbered folks will be the first to be eaten

Man you need to read. Oghuz groups of Iran or Turkey are genetically extremely close to Iranic groups. They are not foreign blood otherwise they would not have been genetically clustering like mad with each other. What does that tell you? it's more of a cultural divide and nothing else. Oghuz of West Asia like Turkish of Anatolia, us Azeris, Ghashqai, Turkomans, etc are not genetically some chink eyed horse herding gooks living on fermented milk but noble blood of our own soil which is why genetically we are far away from turkics of Central Asians and rather cluster with Iranic groups like Kurdish or NW Persians, Talysh, Tats etc. Here is another thing, Iranians genetically are very preserved nation, on a PCA plot from the iron age Iranics are like 95 % preserved genes (https://i.ibb.co/zPRs9Nk/GJOZYEd.png). When such papers were published us geno fans were shocked. If Oghuz of west Asia are clustering with such a preserved gene then how come are they some foreign group? You can accept science or you can deny the peer-reviewed western biogenetic research articles and believe in internet trolls, make your own choice. Being an engineer, I choose science.

gecnce5mnli71.png

And yes Ghorids were Tajiks, Samanids were Persians. Actually, Samanids were the reasons we Turkics emerged as a power in the region. They were the ones who brought up this Turkic slave Mamluk culture that eventually ended up defeating the Mongols. Politically too we have always worked together. Safavid royal lineage was Kurdish and Oghuz, Their armies were Turkomans, Vakils and Vizirs were Persians. Ottomans had Iranic Kurds allies. Arabs fought for both. We west Asians have always been genetically and politically mixed-up people. You as an outsider would not understand the joint Turko-Iranic culture. You people hear the name Iran and you think everyone would be the Persian son of Xerxex the great and everyone in Turkey will be an ottoman straight from Altaic caves, every Arab is Ibne Fudlan. Not that I care what someone on the internet does but my advice to you would be to start believing in the science of genes, not stories.

And yes out of 2800 years since Medes (ancestors of Kurds) found their empire, Iran has been under foreign (not Iranic or West Asian Oghuz, two geno clustering group) rule for 128 years of Arabs + 249 years of greeks + 120 years of Ilkhanates = 480-490 years. That is 83 % of free history. Even if I count Tumurid or Selkuk period (my own Afchars were allied with Timurids against Ottomans) then that is still an 80 % independent period stretching across 3 millenias. That is nothing in the history of ~2800 years esp if thick part of those 2800 years were centuries of cross-continental empires of our own, Persians had their glorified Millenium, and then us Turkomans revived Iran (secret: we are still in power).

And on the topic of us getting invaded, I asked you a simple question. Please let us know who will invade us and from where when our north and west are secured by topography and staunch allied governments/militaries and there is not even a remote enemy in south and southeast. You said people will invade us and will fight us in villages. I would want to know who and from where? Here we have a troll problem on this thread so you can post in our chill thread. Being banned before for fighting with chronic trolls, I prefer to stay in our section.

Awesome precision. This is the closest footage of the missiles hitting their target. Not surprised at the lack of any nearby CCTV camera. For sure a very sensitive area.

Accuracy is maddening. CEP of like 5-10 m. The villa was being used for hidden/secret anti-Iranian activities. And it is gone, pffff .... east shit enemies.

Man you need to read. Oghuz groups of Iran or Turkey are genetically extremely close to Iranic groups. They are not foreign blood otherwise they would not have been genetically clustering like mad with each other. What does that tell you? it's more of a cultural divide and nothing else. Oghuz of West Asia like Turkish of Anatolia, us Azeris, Ghashqai, Turkomans, etc are not genetically some chink eyed horse herding gooks living on fermented milk but noble blood of our own soil which is why genetically we are far away from turkics of Central Asians and rather cluster with Iranic groups like Kurdish or NW Persians, Talysh, Tats etc. Here is another thing, Iranians genetically are very preserved nation, on a PCA plot from the iron age Iranics are like 95 % preserved genes (https://i.ibb.co/zPRs9Nk/GJOZYEd.png). When such papers were published us geno fans were shocked. If Oghuz of west Asia are clustering with such a preserved gene then how come are they some foreign group? You can accept science or you can deny the peer-reviewed western biogenetic research articles and believe in internet trolls, make your own choice. Being an engineer, I choose science.

gecnce5mnli71.png

And yes Ghorids were Tajiks, Samanids were Persians. Actually, Samanids were the reasons we Turkics emerged as a power in the region. They were the ones who brought up this Turkic slave Mamluk culture that eventually ended up defeating the Mongols. Politically too we have always worked together. Safavid royal lineage was Kurdish and Oghuz, Their armies were Turkomans, Vakils and Vizirs were Persians. Ottomans had Iranic Kurds allies. Arabs fought for both. We west Asians have always been genetically and politically mixed-up people. You as an outsider would not understand the joint Turko-Iranic culture. You people hear the name Iran and you think everyone would be the Persian son of Xerxex the great and everyone in Turkey will be an ottoman straight from Altaic caves, every Arab is Ibne Fudlan. Not that I care what someone on the internet does but my advice to you would be to start believing in the science of genes, not stories.

And yes out of 2800 years since Medes (ancestors of Kurds) found their empire, Iran has been under foreign (not Iranic or West Asian Oghuz, two geno clustering group) rule for 128 years of Arabs + 249 years of greeks + 120 years of Ilkhanates = 480-490 years. That is 83 % of free history. Even if I count Tumurid or Selkuk period (my own Afchars were allied with Timurids against Ottomans) then that is still an 80 % independent period stretching across 3 millenias. That is nothing in the history of ~2800 years esp if thick part of those 2800 years were centuries of cross-continental empires of our own, Persians had their glorified Millenium, and then us Turkomans revived Iran (secret: we are still in power).

And on the topic of us getting invaded, I asked you a simple question. Please let us know who will invade us and from where when our north and west are secured by topography and staunch allied governments/militaries and there is not even a remote enemy in south and southeast. You said people will invade us and will fight us in villages. I would want to know who and from where? Here we have a troll problem on this thread so you can post in our chill thread. Being banned before for fighting with chronic trolls, I prefer to stay in our section.

Accuracy is maddening. CEP of like 5-10 m. The villa was being used for hidden/secret anti-Iranian activities. And it is gone, pffff .... east shit enemies.

This is borderline delusional brother.. The Iranians themselves don't see the turks as local nor does the world encyclopedia..

Intermingled turks are not Iranic people period and besides the Ghorids were not Tajiks but the Samanids were Tajiks hence they are Iranic people don't try to mix water and milk
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethnicities_in_Iran

What do you mean by who? NATO could decimate the entire region at one go? Why don't they do it? The answer is there is no political incentive for that.. Just because you can rollover someone doesn't mean you necessarily have to hence there is something called political incentive which could change at any point and Iran would be an easy rollover something comparable to Ukraine anything else would be bogus this is not some cartoon where someone could turn into super saiyan but an actual conventional war.. As I said it is all about scale you don't have it and you could be defeated max 2-3 years entirely occupied and you will get overwhelmed as you will lose air superiority, air defense systems, EW and fighting forces on every single axis point and it will slowly enter cities after from village to village. You will be grinded down with guaraantee

Last edited:
By not retaliating to Iranian strikes on Al Asad airbase in 2020 after solemani assassination, US has emboldened the Iranians. Never before 2020 would they have the guts to do this. Complete disregard for US. But had trump retaliated that would have lead to a war for sure. So pros and cons, don’t act and the Persians forget their place, act and another 10 years in the Middle East with a rising China. They choose the former, so now dealing with those consequences.

The Persians are mayhem creators in the Middle East, they don’t have any allies, just proxies. And they collaborated with the US (who they call the biggest Shatan) to overthrow Saddam. Also benefited the most afterwards. Lebanon could have been a peaceful country, such beautiful country, such good food, was the Paris of the Middle East. Now is just filled with hate with the Sunnis and Shias and Christians hating each other. Did Sunni countries ever try to form a armed militia in Lebanon, or did the EU ever try to create a Christian militia after the Taif Agreement? Guess who did? Hezbollah insults other religious groups both the Sunni and the Christians, storms into other neighbourhoods armed to the teeth. And is corrupt and prevented the investigation of the Beirut blast to cover themselves which is proof of their ability to undermine the state. The regular Iranians don’t want all of these regional proxies, they just want to be free and have a good economy. Iran has one of the lowest birth rates because the people are refusing to have kids in such bad economic conditions. I have meet plenty of Iranians abroad who hate their kleptocratic regime, and quite friendly and out going people who deserve better.

Iran should try to act as a normal country for once. And bring back the Shah, he was a true patriot, who was removed by external forces by supporting the so called revolution, to ferment sect based conflict in the Middle East. The Shah was a better friend of Pakistan than the Mullah could ever be.

U.S. National Security Adviser Jake Sullivan on Sunday condemned Iran's ballistic missile attack on Iraq's northern Kurdish regional capital of Erbil, and said Washington was working to help Iraq get missile defense capabilities to defend itself.

Sullivan told CBS's "Face the Nation" program that no U.S. citizens were harmed in the attack, and no U.S. facilities were hit, but the United States would do whatever it takes to defend its people, interests and allies.

"We are in consultation with the Iraqi government and the government in Iraqi Kurdistan, in part to help them get the missile defense capabilities to be able to defend themselves in their cities," he said.

Iran's Revolutionary Guards claimed responsibility for a dozen ballistic missiles that struck Iraq's northern Kurdish regional capital of Erbil in the early hours of Sunday, Iran's state media reported.

The missiles targeted the U.S. consulate among other sites, according to the Kurdish regional government.

Looks like Iraq have requested missile defense systems.

Let us see.

U.S. National Security Adviser Jake Sullivan on Sunday condemned Iran's ballistic missile attack on Iraq's northern Kurdish regional capital of Erbil, and said Washington was working to help Iraq get missile defense capabilities to defend itself.

Sullivan told CBS's "Face the Nation" program that no U.S. citizens were harmed in the attack, and no U.S. facilities were hit, but the United States would do whatever it takes to defend its people, interests and allies.

"We are in consultation with the Iraqi government and the government in Iraqi Kurdistan, in part to help them get the missile defense capabilities to be able to defend themselves in their cities," he said.

Iran's Revolutionary Guards claimed responsibility for a dozen ballistic missiles that struck Iraq's northern Kurdish regional capital of Erbil in the early hours of Sunday, Iran's state media reported.

The missiles targeted the U.S. consulate among other sites, according to the Kurdish regional government.

Looks like Iraq have requested missile defense systems.

Let us see.
They can hardly maintain and operate their F-16 fleet, don’t know if they can handle an advanced AD system like Patriot. Plus US sold them downgraded F-16s. Wouldn’t selling downgraded Patriots defeat the entire purpose? Unless your okay with the Iranians, Chinese and the Russians checking out a fully capable PAC-3. Or you could sell it to the Pashmerga and really piss of Baghdad.

Don’t downplay the fact that nothing happened just because it didn’t target the US consulate. They fired ballistic mistakes in proximity to a US diplomatic mission. Countries use to respect (and fear) the US. Would you be okay with North Korea firing BM in proximity to Guam? Because they are taking cues, and realising their are no consequences besides sanctions to which they are already under.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom