What's new

English Premier League - 2020/21 (update: 21/22)

By winning yesterday, arsenal are 4 points off the top. Last 3 games 0-1, 0-1, 1-0. They just went through a hard part of the schedule. hopefully next few games are v the lower tier so that they can consolidate their position in the table. Points difference between no 2 and no9 is 2 points. It's very tight.

Last week Leeds were 3 - this week they are 13th - i think this is too early in the season to assess. A better and more prudent method would be to look at where the teams stand IN December. BTW even with a horrendous result at Aston Villa (7-2) they are still top. I think this will be the most open season for years with half a dozen teams loitering with intent to win the league! Lets wait and see......

Last week Leeds were 3 - this week they are 13th - i think this is too early in the season to assess. A better and more prudent method would be to look at where the teams stand IN December. BTW even with a horrendous result at Aston Villa (7-2) they are still top. I think this will be the most open season for years with half a dozen teams loitering with intent to win the league! Lets wait and see......
I dont think even December will give a firm idea! This is looking and shaping up to be a very close season. Top three/four positions are changing almost every week, Leicester City on top this week!!

BTW, we are at the international break now, boring times! :)

I dont think even December will give a firm idea! This is looking and shaping up to be a very close season. Top three/four positions are changing almost every week, Leicester City on top this week!!

BTW, we are at the international break now, boring times! :)
I’m pleased - will give chance to get our injured players back!
Btw Spurs looking good. I think this may betheir year!

EPL back in action! Lots of key draws this week!

How is your fantasy team doing?

EPL back in action! Lots of key draws this week!

How is your fantasy team doing?

Used my free hit last round. The list of injured players was only growing larger (Van Dijk, Pope etc). Willian was also a big disappointment so got rid of him.

Im sure you are having a very anti-VAR week given the farcical decisions over the weekend :lol: The Villa goal being denied is the worst in my opinion though. It was either a penalty or a goal.

Used my free hit last round. The list of injured players was only growing larger (Van Dijk, Pope etc). Willian was also a big disappointment so got rid of him.

Im sure you are having a very anti-VAR week given the farcical decisions over the weekend :lol: The Villa goal being denied is the worst in my opinion though. It was either a penalty or a goal.
VAR have screwed the game big time! It is for everyone in general and Liverpool in particular. The worst thing that comes with VAR is that no one would be willing to celebrate a goal they way they used too. It can already be noticed and in a few months and after few more mess ups it will be quite clear. Takes half the fun out of the game and with the fan out already, it is about 90% of the fun we are talking about here. (AND NO, those 2000 being allowed back wont be the same.) :)

Good! The injuries have mounted up for everyone with some top priority players for FPL managers out injured. I also played Wildcard a few weeks ago. Haven't made any transfer this week so will have option of 2 in next week. It have been a good week as well in terms of FPL points, have scored 73 points already moving up to 73 position in Pakistan 35667 overall!! Lets see how this ends as i have three players selected from Southampton to play today.

VAR have screwed the game big time! It is for everyone in general and Liverpool in particular. The worst thing that comes with VAR is that no one would be willing to celebrate a goal they way they used too. It can already be noticed and in a few months and after few more mess ups it will be quite clear. Takes half the fun out of the game and with the fan out already, it is about 90% of the fun we are talking about here. (AND NO, those 2000 being allowed back wont be the same.) :)

Im generally pro-VAR (the idea behind it) but the implementation has been horrendous. They really need to broadcast the decision making process live and get rid of silly rules like a strikers hand causing offsides (was he gonna score with his hand?). More importantly "clear and obvious" needs to be remembered at all times. Some of the decisions being overruled are not clear and obvious.

Im generally pro-VAR (the idea behind it) but the implementation has been horrendous. They really need to broadcast the decision making process live and get rid of silly rules like a strikers hand causing offsides (was he gonna score with his hand?). More importantly "clear and obvious" needs to be remembered at all times. Some of the decisions being overruled are not clear and obvious.

I would rather they get rid. Its really annoying and the hair line decisions are killing the moment.

It should be implemented ONLY after some sort of "Referee's calls" system is incorporated. Just like in cricket, the on field call/decision can only be over turned if there is conclusive evidence to do it. As you said, striker's hand causing off side is NOT conclusive evidence. Plus the off side should be checked as quickly as possible. The rule that it will be declared after the play ends is stupid, GOALS are being over turned! The third umpire of video assistant referee should have a tool enabling him to declare offside as soon as it happens stopping the game rather than it happening one minute after balls hit back of the net!

I would rather they get rid. Its really annoying and the hair line decisions are killing the moment.
Hairline decision need to give benefit of doubt to referee, SHOULD NOT be overturned. It will ensure the human aspect remains in the game. VAR should by used only to avoid blunders, not judge every single move of referee!

Hairline decision need to give benefit of doubt to referee, SHOULD NOT be overturned. It will ensure the human aspect remains in the game. VAR should by used only to avoid blunders, not judge every single move of referee!

The problem is brother - the referee is looking to pass the buck and decision to the VAR so not to be responsible for a mistake and get marked down in the referee league - they are marked down for screw ups. If they suggest VAR made the decision - then they cant be blamed. Stupidity at work.....

Any opinions on the pogba situation? I personally believe after the statement of his agent that pogba should be put in reserves and let him stay there until we sell him.

Any opinions on the pogba situation? I personally believe after the statement of his agent that pogba should be put in reserves and let him stay there until we sell him.
That's exactly what Ferguson would have done. But Solskjaer wants to be everyone's fwend.

I had this awful inkling when we sacked Mourinho instead of selling Pogba that the incorrect choice has been made. And here we are.

Fred needs to be deleted too btw.

That's exactly what Ferguson would have done. But Solskjaer wants to be everyone's fwend.

I had this awful inkling when we sacked Mourinho instead of selling Pogba that the incorrect choice has been made. And here we are.

Fred needs to be deleted too btw.
Exactly, look what’s it doing now, costing us the game vs rb. I’m absolutely furious, ole should be sacked and maguire needs to be sold, our defence is shambles and back to the europa league we go, we need to get pochettino before it’s too late.
Exactly, look what’s it doing now, costing us the game vs rb. I’m absolutely furious, ole should be sacked and maguire needs to be sold, our defence is shambles and back to the europa league we go, we need to get pochettino before it’s too late.
Nvm, we just scored two goals as I wrote this message.... if we lose this ima be very disappointed.

Nvm, we just scored two goals as I wrote this message.... if we lose this ima be very disappointed.
Sorry mate. We deserve the europa league, nothing more. We need to earn our right to sit at the champion's table once more. For that, we must first of all be ruthless with our own dead weight.

Back
Top Bottom