What's new

English Premier League - 2020/21 (update: 21/22)

thankgod for liverpool!

and when do you guys think ole and board will fk off from utd? i dont see glazers leaving and as long as glazers and their stooge ed "woodwork" is at utd we will never see utd rise again!

1485D8F3-DB75-4DB8-B416-6323126B1924.jpeg

@masterchief_mirza @Arsalan @fatman17
⬆️⬆️⬆️ Guess where I was today boys....

Liverpool have got enough in reserve and klopp is one of the best managers in the world - he will make sure it’s a blip - btw Villa next home game? It’s Leeds !!!
They did came back pretty decently. Were robbed of a win there! It was a clear goal with no off-side issue at all, VAR keeps on messing things up. Not sure how long people will tolerate it. Also that tackle on VVD, only if that can be called a tackle! It was an ATTACK! Should have been red straight away. Overall,, i think Liverpool did well and were cheated not to come out as winners.

However things will get a lot more tricky for Liverpool going forward. Their main man in defense is out for months, most probably the entire season, Allison Becker is also out injured, the defense look weak all of a sudden. A tricky few games which will decide how serious Liverpool's title defense will be! Whatever happens, once again i will say that this season will surely be a lot more exciting and closely fought one compared to last one.

Leeds top 4 anyone
Possible but not very likely. Will however most likely finish in top half of table, 7/8 position i guess. The fans will be happy avoiding relegation to be honest but i do not think that is fair, they do not look like a team that may get relegated. They are playing attacking football, treat to watch and will score more goals and win more games to end up in top half of the table.

thankgod for liverpool!

and when do you guys think ole and board will fk off from utd? i dont see glazers leaving and as long as glazers and their stooge ed "woodwork" is at utd we will never see utd rise again!
Do you think united can afford to lose Glazers money? I don't think so!
United have had a not so great last decade or so, not impressive to attract any big players. The manager is also not a world renouned manager with personal contacts, not someone big players will LOVE to play for and thus move to United. Keeping that in mind, the only way united can attract good players is by showing them money. Current owners, for good or bad at least cover that. Without them, i do not think United will be left with anything to attract any big names.

They did came back pretty decently. Were robbed of a win there! It was a clear goal with no off-side issue at all, VAR keeps on messing things up. Not sure how long people will tolerate it. Also that tackle on VVD, only if that can be called a tackle! It was an ATTACK! Should have been red straight away. Overall,, i think Liverpool did well and were cheated not to come out as winners.

However things will get a lot more tricky for Liverpool going forward. Their main man in defense is out for months, most probably the entire season, Allison Becker is also out injured, the defense look weak all of a sudden. A tricky few games which will decide how serious Liverpool's title defense will be! Whatever happens, once again i will say that this season will surely be a lot more exciting and closely fought one compared to last one.

Possible but not very likely. Will however most likely finish in top half of table, 7/8 position i guess. The fans will be happy avoiding relegation to be honest but i do not think that is fair, they do not look like a team that may get relegated. They are playing attacking football, treat to watch and will score more goals and win more games to end up in top half of the table.

VAR is becoming to hinder the game and its badly effecting it now - they need to back off with these border line decisions...
I will just be happy for Leeds to survive this year and build on it next year. Surviving is what its all about IMO

VAR is becoming to hinder the game and its badly effecting it now - they need to back off with these border line decisions...
I will just be happy for Leeds to survive this year and build on it next year. Surviving is what its all about IMO
Agreed. While use of technology is good, the extent to which it should be effecting the decision should be limited. There should be a rule like "benefit of the doubt", if it is a border line decision the referee in ground should be given the advantage and if he was not able to observe the foul at first glance then that is what the decision should be. Some of the offside decisions by VAR have been pretty dumb and have no explanation at all.

Do you think united can afford to lose Glazers money? I don't think so!
United have had a not so great last decade or so, not impressive to attract any big players. The manager is also not a world renouned manager with personal contacts, not someone big players will LOVE to play for and thus move to United. Keeping that in mind, the only way united can attract good players is by showing them money. Current owners, for good or bad at least cover that. Without them, i do not think United will be left with anything to attract any big names.
decision making is pathetic biggest example being our shitty captain 80 Mil for a turd is crazy money Utd needs a good football brain a good DoF who understands the games has contacts and can appoint right manager and buy right players!

ohh and that disallowed goal against everton was stupid decision for once i felt bad for liverpool but i enjoyed the draw! do oyu think liverpool have peaked?

decision making is pathetic biggest example being our shitty captain 80 Mil for a turd is crazy money Utd needs a good football brain a good DoF who understands the games has contacts and can appoint right manager and buy right players!
Agree that someone with connections can help, From what little i know from watching football, specially premier league over 15-16 years is there are a number of factors that help attract top talent to the club, it is almost always one of these or a combination of these things;
  1. Club stature, specially over the last 3-4 seasons. Aston villa have 7 english top flight titles, Sunderland have 6, that do not means they are equally attractive today compared to Manchester City with 6 titles. Last few seasons matter the most.
  2. Manager, a chrasmatic manager with connections and an attractive style of play attract young talent from across the world.
  3. Money, if a club can pay huge wage bills that is a big attraction in these days since football have become too commercialized.
  4. Champions league qualitfication as all top players want to play in top competition.
  5. DoF or Manager with personal clout and contacts with top agents.
So yes, ManU can do better with someone on top with personal contacts. In absence of money of current owners and any promising recent history, personal connections will matter.

ohh and that disallowed goal against everton was stupid decision for once i felt bad for liverpool but i enjoyed the draw! do you think Liverpool have peaked?
It will be hard to improve on what they achieved last season so in that sense, we can say they have peaked. however the do have enough steam to keep at this level for some time. The problem though will be injuries. The current situation do not looks very good to me. There have been so much talk about the attacking trio, the defense often gets neglected. Liverpool have a great defensive record and that is what have helped them win titles in last two seasons. With VVD out and Alison currently injured, not to mention Adrian under immense pressure after that Villa game, the next month or so will be very very tricky. None of the other traditional rivals/challengers for title are doing exceptionally well so far but it is too early to say. One thing we can be sure about it that this season wont be walk in the park for anyone, it will be a much closely fought title.

Even I as a United fan felt the VAR decision and Pickford not getting a red was ridiculous. I dont think he had wrong intent but crashing in like that and being nowhere close to the ball must be a straight red.

Even I as a United fan felt the VAR decision and Pickford not getting a red was ridiculous. I dont think he had wrong intent but crashing in like that and being nowhere close to the ball must be a straight red.
Yup that was a super ugly tackle! Must have been a red and that VAR decision was also ridiculous. Hard done!

By winning yesterday, arsenal are 4 points off the top. Last 3 games 0-1, 0-1, 1-0. They just went through a hard part of the schedule. hopefully next few games are v the lower tier so that they can consolidate their position in the table. Points difference between no 2 and no9 is 2 points. It's very tight.

By winning yesterday, arsenal are 4 points off the top. Last 3 games 0-1, 0-1, 1-0. They just went through a hard part of the schedule. hopefully next few games are v the lower tier so that they can consolidate their position in the table. Points difference between no 2 and no9 is 2 points. It's very tight.
Sir it is very early in the season. The points gaps will widen as games number go up and season progresses. however i will again say that this will be a much closely contested season and there are at least nine teams that are likely to fight for top four spots.

BTW, what a game for Liverpool in CL. I hope it helps them this Sunday! :)

Back
Top Bottom