What's new

English Grammar & Syntax

but those guys who are discussing in that english forum -- they pick the example -- 'he as well as i is' -- means IS or ARE or AM depends upon the noun coming first -- like in that example HE is used first so they say 'is' -- similarly AM for I in my example/question

Is and are in the case they are discussing purely comes because of whome you have mentioned last- is it singular or plural-
For plural are-
For singular is-

Is and are in the case they are discussing purely comes because of whome you have mentioned last- is it singular or plural-
For plural are-
For singular is-

here comes the difference -- i think -- and they think as well -- that it depends upon whom we mention 'first' NOT last!

here comes the difference -- i think -- and they think as well -- that it depends upon whom we mention 'first' NOT last!

Who are they anyways?-

Choose the correct sentense and note the similarities-

Me and Hassnain are good friends-
Me and Hassnain is good friends-

I and Hassnain are good friends-
I and Hassnain is good friends-

I may be wrong i am no expert- but thats what i hv always used-

That's right, I made them intentionally:D
You are right, I don't know why I wrote the words grammar and syntax with a capital letter :/
As, for the punctuation marks, I think you are referring the apostrophe after English which I think unnecessary to be used. It's acceptable to say it the way in my OP.

You also forgot to enter the question mark after "any questions".

"The" shouldn't be used here.
The possessive "S" is mainly used with animate things. So, it's unnecessary here. :nana:

You are nit-picking! :lol:

To be honest, I think the use of the definite article "the" before "English language" was appropriate because of the addition of the possessive "s". Had I not typed out the sentence with the possessive "s" first, the definite article would have been incorrect.

You are correct about the usage of the possessive "s" though, it generally isn't used for inanimate objects, but that rule is often overlooked.

I think the more appropriate phrase would be: "I have opened this thread for the purpose of discussing English language grammar & syntax", correct?

Regarding the 2 "I"s you added, they are unnecessary because the sentences are correct with or without them. :D

By the way, below is the correct form of one of your posts that I quoted. ;)

That's right, I made them intentionally!
You are right, I don't know why I wrote the words "grammar" and "syntax" with a capital letter.
As (remove comma) for the punctuation marks, I think you are referring to the apostrophe after "English" which I think is unnecessary. (remove "to be used") It's acceptable to say it the way I said it in my OP.

:smokin:

Who are they anyways?-

junaid bhai,itna to mujhay bi pta hai but this sentence is NOT that simple,

now see... I, as well as my brothers, AM watching -- makes sense!!!!!!

'they' refers to that link i posted from a english forum

junaid bhai,itna to mujhay bi pta hai but this sentence is NOT that simple,

now see... I, as well as my brothers, AM watching -- makes sense!!!!!!

'they' refers to that link i posted from a english forum

It is how you construct a sentense-
Make it simple-

I am watching tv with my brothers- :lol:-
Rola muka-

The correct way to use Am will be-
I am, as well as my brothers, are watching tv-
You just cannot fit "is" in the sentense-
Fcuk "is"-
The End-

It is how tou construct a sentense-
Make it simple-

I am watching tv with my brothers- :lol:-
Rola muka-

oh yeah -- uptill intermediate,this kind of questions were asked in exams -- now im gonna enter university -- i hope now we'll find some 'creativity' -- there can be lots of ways in which a sentence can be made

3qd0qe.jpg

Who are they anyways?-

"Me" can not be the subject, but object,

so the first two lines using 'Me' are wrong

Hasan and I are good friend.
NOT: Me and Hasan are good friend.

Again,

Dad scolded Hasan and me.
NOT: Das scolded Hasan and I.

Adolf1-Hitler-Nazi.jpg

The correct form of the sentence written in the picture above is stated below. :D

"The protectors of grammar from its abusers, but simultaneously; Internet killjoys."​

Alternate version:

"The protectors of grammar from its abusers, but at the same time; Internet killjoys."​

:rofl:

Back
Top Bottom