What's new

English Grammar & Syntax

BLACKEAGLE

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Jordan
Well, I've decided to open this thread to have discussions concerning English Grammar and Syntax. I'm willing to answer questions in this regard, and ask questions if I had any. I hope members here interact. I think it will be fun..:help:

Let's start guys, any questions :raise:

Who can find any mistakes in the above post?:D

change your title from elite member to English Teacher ... :cheesy:

*any questions?

:omghaha:

Well, you can consider it an expedition as it's widely used as "any question" instead of "Do you have any questions?".

There are things in English language called "acceptability" and "Grammaticality" in which not everything grammatical is acceptable and vice versa.

So, using "Any equations?" rather than "Do you have any questions?" is not grammatically correct but it's acceptable and widely used by native speakers.

change your title from elite member to English Teacher ... :cheesy:

Looks like we have a volunteer..:cheesy:

1- "change" should be started with a capital letter since it's at the beginning of the sentence.
2- "to" should be "into".
3- "English Teacher" & "elite member" should be proceeded by the determiner "an".

We shall never let it die @ such a tender age........ :D

@Armstrong @Hyperion

You guys are masters at running threads with your talkative mouths. I don't want to this thread to die while it's in it's cradle.

The whole damn thing is incoherent .... :D

So what are the allowed topics here? .... if you've invited me and ButtStrong, you better give us something fun to talk about! :pissed:

Well, I've decided to open this thread to have discussions concerning English Grammar and Syntax. I'm willing to answer questions in this regard, and ask questions if I had any. I hope members here interact. I think it will be fun..:help:

Let's start guys, any questions :raise:

Who can find any mistakes in the above post?:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like we have a volunteer..:cheesy:

1- "change" should be started with a capital letter since it's at the beginning of the sentence.
2- "to" should be "into".
3- "English Teacher" & "elite member" should be proceeded by the determiner "an".

ja re.. bara aya angrezi sikhane... sahri babu ki sehri ho gayi? :D
translate: dont have to do in member's club..

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I do not have complete knowledge of syntax, use of punctuations, very formal official language, nuance, and, of course, I have limited vocabulary, so please quote my posts here and correct me if you find mistakes in my posts anywhere.

Okay, I made a mistake in the OP. I forget to put an exclamation mark right after "any questions". I intentionally put it this way to check if anybody can detect it..

I can bail myself out..:bunny:

Well, I've decided to open this thread to have discussions concerning English Grammar and Syntax. I'm willing to answer questions in this regard, and ask questions if I had any. I hope members here interact.

Well, I've decided to open this thread to have discussions concerning English Grammar and Syntax. I'm willing to answer questions in this regard, and ask questions if I have any. I hope members here would interact to each other.

Well, I've decided to open this thread to have discussions concerning English Grammar and Syntax. I'm willing to answer questions in this regard, and ask questions if I have any. I hope members here would interact to each other.

You are right about the conditional clause. However, the second one is correct as it is. Yours is better though.

...I hope the members here would interact with each other.

I'm clearly bored.

Back
Top Bottom