What's new

England vs West India

Who cares where they are from originally? Try to enjoy the cricket match rather than whining.

And in the England batting, Morgan for me is a really exciting player. It seems to me that you are entertained by quick scoring, for which you should follow Prior, Bopara and Wright.

And the English bowling contains the best spinner in the world at the moment. Plus they have a fighting spirit.

So yes, they are entertaining.

Who cares where they are from? True fans of cricket do. I don't expect you to understand.

Dude, Bangladesh is a poor team. Just accept it!!!

How can you compare a team which is ranked no. 8 in the world, has lost 90% of their matches, and whose victories are considered as 'upsets', with the world no. 2 and early tournament favorites? And really, you want to compare the two bowling attacks? What does Bangladesh have, 11 left arm spinners? :lol:

New Zealand on the other hand have always punched above their weight in big match situations. They'll always give a good fight to their opponents in the QF. Bangladesh/West Indies will more likely crumble.

you will always just remain in your wet dream of ranking.... what is the rank of england??? but they lost against bd and ireland.. luckily survived against SA and failed to win against India... what india has done so far??? nothing... no win against big team... this is interesting to see how they perform even a useless team like WI... n regarding bd it is a new team not a team which is playing like old team for more then 5.5 decades... but it is closing all the gaps with other teams... in this wc bd had a target atleast to win against a big team and win the other 2 matches which they already have done n regarding bowlers bd bowlers has done better jobs then the bhatis so far... compare result of each game n just wait n see how much run SA can make... n every one knows how much they have scored against india...

Who cares where they are from? True fans of cricket do. I don't expect you to understand.

True cricket fans enjoy what happens on the field. They enjoy a match irrespective of who is winning. They don't care where a player was born, because he is representing the nation of his CHOICE.

you will always just remain in your wet dream of ranking.... what is the rank of england??? but they lost against bd and ireland.. luckily survived against SA and failed to win against India... what india has done so far??? nothing... no win against big team... this is interesting to see how they perform even a useless team like WI... n regarding bd it is a new team not a team which is playing like old team for more then 5.5 decades... but it is closing all the gaps with other teams... n regarding bowlers bd bowlers has done better jobs then the bhatis so far... compare result of each game n just wait n see how much run SA can make... n every one knows how much they have scored against india...

It is much tougher to score on Bangladeshi wickets - the pitches are slower. India has played its matches in Bangalore and Chennai mostly which are flat tracks. This is of course by design - Indian matches were not scheduled in Bombay or Delhi where bowlers get assistance.

True cricket fans enjoy what happens on the field. They enjoy a match irrespective of who is winning. They don't care where a player was born, because he is representing the nation of his CHOICE.

So you are now saying, - according to your definition of Cricket - you would enjoy watching Pakistan beat India if the quality of Cricket on display is good?

you will always just remain in your wet dream of ranking.... what is the rank of england??? but they lost against bd and ireland.. luckily survived against SA and failed to win against India...

All considered by most sane people as 'upsets'. I hope you know the meaning of that word.

what india has done so far??? nothing... no win against big team... this is interesting to see how they perform even a useless team like WI... n regarding bd it is a new team not a team which is playing like old team for more then 5.5 decades... but it is closing all the gaps with other teams...

So finally you admit Bangladesh is not a 'big' team? Yet, when I say the same, you get angry. :lol:

Don't call WI a useless team. 58.

n regarding bowlers bd bowlers has done better jobs then the bhatis so far... compare result of each game n just wait n see how much run SA can make... n every one knows how much they have scored against india...

BS. Different matches, different conditions. Any logical person can see that.

If you want to compare the two attacks, compare their performances in the match against each other.

And I repeat. 11 left arm spinners? ;)

So you are now saying, - according to your definition of Cricket - you would enjoy watching Pakistan beat India if the quality of Cricket on display is good?

I would enjoy the match. I would hate the result, but I would enjoy the match.

According to your definition of cricket, would you rather watch India steamroll a piss-poor side (starts with a B, ends with an H ;) ) than watch an intriguing last over decided between SA and Australia?

The whole point of an International match is to watch national teams compete. When India plays England - I want to watch their respective national teams - not use imports. There has to be some difference between an Indian Vs England match and Chennai SuperKings vs. Delhi Daredevils match. In the last World Cup, your Eoin Morgan was playing for Ireland and Ed Joyce was playing for England - this World Cup their roles have reversed - Dirk Nannes was playing for Netherlands, now he plays for Australia. Heck, we too have money - why don't we get Malinga to play for us?

It's the player's choice which team he wants to represent. The process to qualify for another team is very rigorous, so you can't just go and BUY players.

What right does SA have of protesting when they themselves rejected Kevin Peterson?
What right does Ireland have of protesting when Morgan has not represented them for 5 freakin' years?
What right does India have of protesting when Ravi Bopara is a born and bred Englishman?

It's not that England are offering them money to play for them, England are giving them an OPPORTUNITY to play cricket at the highest level. Who would not want that?

It's the player's choice which team he wants to represent. The process to qualify for another team is very rigorous, so you can't just go and BUY players.

What right does SA have of protesting when they themselves rejected Kevin Peterson?
What right does Ireland have of protesting when Morgan has not represented them for 5 freakin' years?
What right does India have of protesting when Ravi Bopara is a born and bred Englishman?

It's not that England are offering them money to play for them, England are giving them an OPPORTUNITY to play cricket at the highest level. Who would not want that?

For one, it dilutes the idea of a national team. It is not a question of which team he wants to represent. Pietersen's first choice was South Africa - he moved to England because he was not good enough for SA - ditto for Trott. I agree about Bopara - he is born and bred there. In 5 years, an Irishman doesn't become an Englishman for crying out loud.

For one, it dilutes the idea of a national team. It is not a question of which team he wants to represent. Pietersen's first choice was South Africa - he moved to England because he was not good enough for SA - ditto for Trott. I agree about Bopara - he is born and bred there. In 5 years, an Irishman doesn't become an Englishman for crying out loud.

So your idea of nationalism is restricted to people born and bred within the geography? What about naturalized citizen? Should they not have the same rights?

Don't tell me you are one of those people who still considers Sonia Gandhi as an 'Italian". :lol:

If this keeps happening - some guys from India - like a Murali Kartik would move to England or Australia and become their premier spinner. Some Aussie like Nathan Bracken would move to India and become our premier pace bowler. Someone like Robin Utappha would walk into the Bangladesh or Pakistan top order. Pretty much any Pakistani fast bowler would walk into the Indian XI. Where does one draw the line?

All considered by most sane people as 'upsets'. I hope you know the meaning of that word.

That is not upset ... when any team win after bowling and batting well... if anything is upset so far is the loss of SA in such a low scoring match... and england's tie with such a low bowling attack of India...

Just look how Ireland won against England... only fools like you will say it upset and also the same case for Bangladesh... they bowled really well... top order batted well but middle order collapsed... n only cool temperament of the lower order made it win... doing 58 run was almost impossible with 2 lower order batsman of almost all team... just look how WI's last batsman even could not make 22 run... only those who like to remain in wet dream will say it upset... go n watch the bd's last world cup match against SA and India... n see how BD has won by both batting and bowling well...

So finally you admit Bangladesh is not a 'big' team? Yet, when I say the same, you get angry. :lol:

No one said BD is a big team but achieving at that thresold but now it is regarded as giant killer... as it has achieved the quality to win against any team if it can do well in the 3 department... if Tendulkar just retired after the WC there will be a big down slope on the Indians... as riding on 1 man they have survived in many occasion but it is not gonna happen for long..and it is known Indian batsman can not do well under pressure...

Don't call WI a useless team. 58.

WI is a useless team anyone will say if they look at their batting order and skill... you just remember 54 against Srilanka and 88 all out against NZ in august 2010... n your looser batsman even lost 9 wicket within 29 runs from such a good position... even lowest rank team will not play like that sort of childish way the way your bharati batsman played..

BS. Different matches, different conditions. Any logical person can see that.

If you want to compare the two attacks, compare their performances in the match against each other.

And I repeat. 11 left arm spinners? ;)

If you want to compare you need to compare the team against which it has played so far... do it n results are available on the web...

N 11 spinners of anything but they are much more capable then bharti looser bowlers like nehra, munaf, chawla and bhaji...

With such poorest bowling attack dreaming of winning WC has become the most funniest stock in this WC...

That is not upset ... when any team win after bowling and batting well... if anything is upset so far is the loss of SA in such a low scoring match... and england's tie with such a low bowling attack of India...

Seems to me like either you don't know the definition of an upset, or are not in the 'sane' category that I mentioned before.

Anyways, I'm not going to read the rest of your rant. I don't think you deserve it. Good night. :wave:

So your idea of nationalism is restricted to people born and bred within the geography? What about naturalized citizen? Should they not have the same rights?

Don't tell me you are one of those people who still considers Sonia Gandhi as an 'Italian". :lol:

HAHA - did I say that naturalized citizenry should be denied any rights? I don't have issues with naturalized citizens who happen to play for their new country. I have issues with citizens naturalizing to play for a country where they see a need for their wares. If Sonia Gandhi has emigrated to India to become the Head of the Congress party, I might have had issues - since she happened to become the Head after emigrating, I have no issues. Do you get it now?

Back
Top Bottom