What's new

Emergency Imposed!

Vote about Emergency Imposed!

• I support it. I am done with CJ, political instability, Benazir.

Votes: 36 54.5%
  • I condemn it. Musharraf needs to step down, and elect as a RETIRED General.

Votes: 30 45.5%

• Total voters
Exactly! Mushy may well hold parliamentary elections in 60 days, but the presidential chair will still be tainted since he never allowed the SC to give the final verdict.
That was the whole point of this all.

SC was going to give a bad decision IMO.

That was the whole point of this all.

SC was going to give a bad decision IMO.

Then technically wouldn't he still remain a dictator even after the elections??

I'm a bit confused about the system of govt. in pakistan. Is the president supposed to have executive powers like in the US or is the PM the executive head as in the U.K. and India ? I want to know where mushy fits in after the elections.

As soon as the caretaker government is set up then it can be declared that we are back on track.

From then on General elections would be just 60 days ahead.

well asim the attorny general said election would be held in mid january.
but The President and PM said elections will be held but they did not give the date.

Now lets see whatever happens that should be good for Pakistan.

Im satisfied for one reason that there is calm all over the country except lawyeres and money minting channels as well as selfish politicians are feeling the heat otherwise all are so calm. no violence Thank GOD

if these moroons were let they would have gone on rampage and destroyed public and government property which in result only affecetd the common people

President has the right to dissolve governments and parts of the constitution.

I quote:

(1) If the President is satisfied that a grave emergency exists in which the security of Pakistan, or any part thereof, is threatened by war or external aggression, or by internal disturbance beyond the power of a Provincial Government to control, he may issue a Proclamation of Emergency.

while a proclamation of Emergency is in force, restrict the power of the State as defined in Article 7 to make any law or to take any executive action which it would, but for the provisions in the said Articles, be competent to make or to take, but any law so made shall to the extent of the incompetency, cease to have effect, and shall be deemed to have been repealed, at the time when the Proclamation is revoked or has ceased to be in force.

The next incoming government MAY revoke any changes done by Musharraf in this period. But until that happens he can do all this.

I'm a bit confused about the system of govt. in pakistan. Is the president supposed to have executive powers like in the US or is the PM the executive head as in the U.K. and India ? I want to know where mushy fits in after the elections.

The PM has executive powers, however, the President is only like a figure head has no power over the PM neither a MP or MNA.

It was 11 member bench, 8 of them went against Musharraf and 3 of them went in favor of him.
It doesn't matter. It was being given for personal reasons. Nothing in the constitution restricts the President from being re-elected by the same assembly twice.

The dual office rule is suspended till November 15th.

Musharraf had already submitted that he would resign as COAS if elected, which he was.

It's quite obvious the Chaudhary has his own gang in the SC.

well at the moment he is taking care of policies regarding WoT and all decisons in this regard indeed in constultatoin with all other concerend including PM.
While PM on the other hand takes care of internal issues regarding development.

but recenly i always felt the public mood in Pakisatan is in more favour of Presidential form of government

The PM has executive powers, however, the President is only like a figure head has no power over the PM neither a MP or MNA.
Article 58-2B changed all that. The President (non-Military) has on several occasions dissolved parliaments.

It doesn't matter. It was being given for personal reasons. Nothing in the constitution restricts the President from being re-elected by the same assembly twice.

The dual office rule is suspended till November 15th.

Musharraf had already submitted that he would resign as COAS if elected, which he was.

It's quite obvious the Chaudhary has his own gang in the SC.

There were several other issues also bear noting, I cant recall all that, its more than just having dual powers it is also to do with the military law no military personal may enter politics.

Pakistan should stop playing with constitution as if its some school textbook that needs additions and corrections every now and then.

Consititution is something on which the founders wanted the country to be based upon,the pillar on which a nation had to be build. Radical changes on it in such a short span of time would make the public treat these modifying it as any other petty offence.

Pakistan should stop playing with constitution as if its some school textbook that needs additions and corrections every now and then.

That's true. All of Zia's amendments should be scrubbed if you ask me. Or just go back to the original Constitution, with a couple of additions for getting rid of corrupt prime minsters.

I'm kinda not surprised at the poll on this topic. People on here are divided on their views of this state of emergency.

Back
Top Bottom