What's new

Emergency Imposed!

Vote about Emergency Imposed!

• I support it. I am done with CJ, political instability, Benazir.

Votes: 36 54.5%
  • I condemn it. Musharraf needs to step down, and elect as a RETIRED General.

Votes: 30 45.5%

• Total voters
My brain's been fried from the tube.

Funny situation. Nothing has happened in this emergency other than comm lines are disrupted but still working somewhat. Media is disrupted but every other channel is airing something or the other through roundabout means.

This was personal. Only the Judiciary has been manipulated. Obviously that's no small thing either. Sad thing has dozens of Judges still took the oath under the PCO.

I think the nail has hit the coffin for Musharraf. There's so much indication in all of this of a US hand. We're being played like pawns on a chess game. The Chief J had to go. The number one cause cited in the PCO is that he released those prisoners - some 60 people from the army's custody whom America didn't want out.

Also with this guy around, If OBL is caught in Pak, America wouldn't get him. He follows the rule of the law, like a stubborn old man and America knew it. And I'm no fan of the CJ. I was a fan of Mush. But I'm no fan of seeing foreign countries meddle in my country's affairs. This here, today, was it!

My brain's been fried from the tube.

Also with this guy around, If OBL is caught in Pak, America wouldn't get him. He follows the rule of the law, like a stubborn old man and America knew it. And I'm no fan of the CJ. I was a fan of Mush. But I'm no fan of seeing foreign countries meddle in my country's affairs. This here, today, was it!

I bet in 48 hours OBL or his No 2 or his new US born No 3 will be giving a statement to over throw Gen M.

Regards

In most countries they dont have less minded people who can see the truth they best thing they can do is to critisize any one.

Regards
Wilco

suspending constitution is no way to deal with less minded people. rules and institutions are made to deal with every kind of situation unlike musharraf, who did a betrayl with constitution and suspend CJP cz he fears about the verdict of the case of his eligliblity. INSHALLAH he will meet the same fate as Shah Iran does!

TWO VIEWS.

Raza Kasuri hails imposition of emergency in Pakistan
Updated at 2305 PST
NEW YORK: Senior advocate Ahmad Raza Kasuri, who is in New York as a member of Pakistan delegation to the United Nations General Assembly, on Saturday welcomed the imposition of state of emergency, saying it was in the interest of stability of the country. “President Gen, Pervez Musharraf was exercising restraint all through the last six months because he was keen and honest to usher in complete civilian democracy in the country, but forces hostile to democracy and those who were planning to destabilize the country were active in placing impediments and obstacles in the culmination of a democratic order,” he said in a statement. Kasuri said judicial activism was a welcome development, but such a course without judicial restraint could be fatal for the stability of the country. The courts, he said, have a bounded responsibility towards the stability of the state, and any instability caused by judicial activism could result in serious consequences. “The president has taken this initiative in the interest of the country, good governance and to tackle the growing acts of terrorism in the country,” Kasuri added.

Nawaz terms situation ‘unprecedented’
Updated at 2225 PST
ISLAMABAD: Pakistan's former premier Nawaz Sharif on Saturday said that the country was in the middle of crisis adding that the decision to impose an emergency is unprecedented. “In the past prime minister and the parliament were targets of martial law but now the Supreme Court is the target,” Sharif told Geo News on telephone from Saudi Arabia. "The decision to impose an emergency is unprecedented. Never in history has such treatment been meted out to judges," Nawaz Sharif said. He said the offices of the president and Army Chief both have been used against the country. “Nobody would support this situation within or outside the country”, he said. He said the government has nothing to justify its steps, now the question is what will be told to the world.
He said that his Pakistan Muslim League (N) "will launch a full fledged movement against Musharraf government." He said Maulana Fazlur Rahman has already announced to launch a movement in case of imposition of emergency, while Benazir Bhutto has also opposed the step. “It would be a sin to talk about election, now is the time to save the country," Nawaz Sharif said. “All of us should stand against the unconstitutional step,” he added.

Well atleast the facade of democracy is now well and truly been put in the dustbin. I like Gen M but I see him spending his retirement in USA in a few years. Also now atleast all the distinguished members like Dimension117 will not ridicule outsiders who say that democracy never existed even under Gen M but at the most a benevolent dictatorship. Wonder how USA and China the two most important players will react. Mrs BB had an inside info and high tailed it to Dubai. On Al Jazeera Kamal Haider says that the judges and journalist will be the first out of jobs.

Regards

Well, democracy did exist before (1999-2007), it does not now. Simple as that..

Benazir flying back to Pakistan from Dubai: Zardari

ISLAMABAD (updated on: November 03, 2007, 19:54 PST): Former prime minister Benazir Bhutto boarded a flight back to Pakistan from Dubai on Saturday, her husband said, after President Pervez Musharraf invoked emergency powers and suspended the country's constitution.

"(She's flying back) tonight, yes of course," Bhutto's husband Asif Ali Zardari told Reuters by telephone from Dubai, saying she was already on the plane.

"It's definitely not pleasant news, it's not welcome news," he added. "We're hoping to build institutions, not destroy them.
Business Recorder [Pakistan's First Financial Daily]

:rofl: Build bank account institutions he means.

The decision to impose an emergency is unprecedented. Never in history has such treatment been meted out to judges," Nawaz Sharif said.

Wasn't Mr NS the one who sacked the judges first ?

Regards

RR,

Whats your take on this ?

Regards

Depends what they're going to do. If they're going to do some heavy heavy military operations in the country to get rid of Al Q and suicide bombers, then great. Let it continue for a few days. They need a good kicking. If they're just going to torture the CJ for a few days, I'd support that too though - he's an obnoxious character the way he was saying it was unconstitutional to supend him, when it was constitutional to the letter.

What Pakistan requires is a leader,a true home made leader,an alternative to Nawab Sharif,Bhutto & Musharaff.
A leader who is ready to take the military head on and fight for the nation rather than for the swiss bank accounts which bhutto was most interested in.

The CJ episode shows that any one who has shown the guts to stand against the millitary government can be so popular that even Mushraff had to back off.Mushraff is just taking advantage of the situation that such a leader is presently not in the horizon.

It is unfortunate that Pakistan is not able to have a alternative to Bhuttos & Shariffs.

The CJ episode shows that any one who has shown the guts to stand against the millitary government can be so popular that even Mushraff had to back off.

Musharraf did not back off. He lost the court case and accepted it. Perhaps the judges of the SJC backed off, but not Mush for sure. He followed it through LEGALLY and CONSTITUTIONALLY.

Musharraf did not back off. He lost the court case and accepted it. Perhaps the judges of the SJC backed off, but not Mush for sure. He followed it through LEGALLY and CONSTITUTIONALLY.

Just a work related question do you think marine insurance rates and bank interest rate in Pakistan will go up due to this uncertainity ?

Regards

I was at work when I heard the news.

And I say about frickin time Musharraf, Send out the army and hammer Al Qaeda, the taliban and all these militant groups.

Show absolutely no mercy.

Do a Zia and permanently remove the opposition ie CJ.

I do NOT know why it has been posted twice that it's FC (Frontier Corps) not Army who is conducting operations in Pakistan. Well it is NO completely true, in Waziristan, Balochistan etc. Army has been taking part in operations since long and recently in Waziristan, Army personnel have also been hijacked. And what about Lal Mosque, was it FC?

And even FC is part of Army. Their officers are from regular army. FC is called para-military.

The essence of all this is that it looks like Pakistan is leading towards inner collpase, May ALLAH, The Merciful save all of us and bring the peace and the stability.

I was at work when I heard the news.

And I say about frickin time Musharraf, Send out the army and hammer Al Qaeda, the taliban and all these militant groups.

Show absolutely no mercy.

Do a Zia and permanently remove the opposition ie CJ.

Yea....no. Zia was the one that has caused all these Taliban-related problems.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom