What's new

Elon Musk says his biggest Tesla competition will be a Chinese automaker: ‘They work the smartest’

Well I can confirm we don't see this car model around here either

#2 Nissan Sylphy
a4db616d-nissan-sylphy-s-touring-3.jpg
How do you explain last year sales of Chinese domestic cars rose 23% and Japanese brand cars dropped -5%?

How do you explain last year sales of Chinese domestic cars rose 23% and Japanese brand cars dropped -5%?

How does that matter when it comes to Tesla sales being up 83% leading to the Model Y becoming the #4 model in China when it was like #23 in 2021?

Last edited:
What I found absolutely mind-boggling is the number of EV chargers in China. I was just reading the Bloomberg report about this, no wonder China is winning the EV race.

Screenshot 2023-01-28 at 1.31.38 AM.png

That gap is only growing. In just the past 12 months, China added 592,000 public chargers — more than the total number the Biden administration wants by 2030 o_O

Guangdong has 3 times the EV chargers as entire US - ***k

What I found absolutely mind-boggling is the number of EV chargers in China. I was just reading the Bloomberg report about this, no wonder China is winning the EV race.

View attachment 913562

That gap is only growing. In just the past 12 months, China added 592,000 public chargers — more than the total number the Biden administration wants by 2030 o_O

Guangdong has 3 times the EV chargers as entire US - ***k

Yeah but while most people in China live in apartment buildings and are at the mercy of the building management to supply them with ground floor electrical connectors (and more importantly maintain them) the majority of the people in the US live in single family houses with electrical outlets available 24hours a day/365 days a year within feet of where they park their car every night.

Can you charge a Tesla in the same type of electrical wall outlet (120V) you charge your phone in...yep!!

Can you charge it in a (220V) outlet..yep!

Need to wait in line for a free spot at a public charging station? Nope!

The answer is there is charging everywhere.

Last edited:
Yeah but while most people in China live in apartment buildings and are at the mercy of the building management to supply them with ground floor electrical connectors (and more importantly maintain them) the majority of the people in the US live in single family houses with electrical outlets available 24hours a day/365 days a year within feet of where they park their car every night.

Can you charge a Tesla in the same type of electrical wall outlet (120V) you charge your phone in...yep!!

Then why US EVs are just a tiny fraction of China's? no one worries about if their car can be chared at home, they worry about if they can be charged when traveling.

Then why US EVs are just a tiny fraction of China's? no one worries about if their car can be chared at home, they worry about if they can be charged when traveling.

Wait..I thought everybody in China takes the awesome HSR to get around? Instead of being wasteful driving cars?

Why are people in China traveling such long distances by car after China spent all this time and energy on extensive rail lines?

Don't tell me China spent all this money on HSR and it has turned into a white elephant.

Homeowners with garages can easily charge their electric cars, but not apartment dwellers. Here's what it'll take to get plugs everywhere in cities.

Tesla has covered most of the Interstate highway network, but parts of the plains (Nebraska, South Dakota, North Dakota, Montana, and Idaho are inaccessible. There are also gaps in Nevada, North Arkansas, and a handful of other places. This is nitpicking, to be sure, but Tesla’s claim that you’ll be able to “drive anywhere” should stand up to scrutiny.

Last edited:
Wait..I thought everybody in China takes the awesome HSR to get around? Instead of being wasteful driving cars?

Why are people in China traveling such long distances by car after China spent all this time and energy on extensive rail lines?

Don't tell me China spent all this money on HSR and it has turned into a white elephant.
Where did you get that idea? China is also the world biggest market for air traveling, unlike US, people in China has more options for traveling.

I guess in US people just choose one mode of transportation, in China we use all of them, even share bikes are very popular too, white elephant? lol.. yes, a big one, moving 3.66 billion people in one year. 中國鐵路實現旅客運輸量36.60億人次

I don't know why you sound so desperate. It's a fact that China has outstripped US in number of public EV chargers. Otherwise why would the Chinese buy more EV, even though US is richer? The range anxiety is the biggest hurdle in EV. And if you have a good network of EV chargers, it removes such anxiety.
It's proven, it's even reported in the western media. You sound very childish by such arguments.

Apparently you are not interested in hearing facts.

You sound even more desperate. The number of EV charging stations in China is 10x more than US. Even a tiny country like South Korea has as many EV charging stations as US. Now go and find me a video of 2021/22 where it says EV vehicles in US has 10x range.

And you know what, if you have abundance of fast chargers, you don't need to carry gigantic batteries with you. Not to mention battery swap which doesn't exist in US.

China dominates the league table of available public chargers, accounting for about 85% of fast chargers and 55% of slow chargers worldwide. Last year it installed 680 000 slow chargers, more than twice as many as Europe (300,000), and seven times more than the United States (92,000). China also leads in the installation of fast chargers, taking its total to 470,000 in 2021, compared to just 50,000 in Europe and 22,000 in the US.

Back
Top Bottom