What's new

Electricity shortfall in the country reaches 8,500 MW

lol I love it how this guy just shamelessly "takes notice" of problems and does nothing to fix them. Fck I thought we had bad leaders, you guys win hands down.

Newsflash: Zardari himself is the problem!

To top it all up, there is a huge shortage of diesel in Lahore today. How the fu** are we supposed to run our generators and light up our businesses/home in absence of electricity.

I already know what is going to happen. After these severe riots the Federal Government will release some money and we will breath a sigh of relief for a couple of weeks, a band aid solution. After a couple of weeks, we will be back to square one. History is full of incidents like these.

Both India and Pakistan better solve this power crisis issue , for a healthy economic future.

Almost all the homes in Pakistan must have gen-sets now i guess...!! But the electricity they produce is very costly as compared to that provided by the grid.. It must be a drain on the common people monthly home expense.. How much do you guys have to shell out per month for that ganerator driven electricity?? Any approximate amount??

Sad situation... Hope it improves in the times to come..!! :cheers:

Now when these as$ holes of PPP would leave the jahil awam would give vote to Ganja league so they can screw this country for next five years.

It will take over a decade or more to build plants to cover such a large shortfall considering the fact that our power demand is also growing at 8% annually. It will also cost a very large investment. The only medium term solution is to import electricity. Iran had offered 10,000 MW of electricity at 8 cents per unit which would have been enough to cure the load shedding and it could come online in just two years: Iran offers Pakistan 10,000mw electricity

I live in Karachi and face 3 hours of LS where i live & i know places in Karachi where there is no LS

Its just the will of leaders which is required otherwise Pak scientists have said that with good infastrusture which is there in Pakistan, we may produce more than 50000 MW within few months of work every thing is complete to use That Coal but again govt is not willing to use them.....
i wonder with same population & even less land bangladesh is having several times less electricity the situation should be worst for common ppls in Bangladesh when their govt is inviting Pakistani investors with low cost electricity...

i dont underatnd in whole south asia we have the highest hydro mix(33% at full capcity, with current production 52%,i.e 9000mw approx 4500 is hydro)

we also have capcity of 23000 and emand only of 18000

yet we are having load shedding?!!!

reason
people are not paying their bills(actually pppp workers)
using oil instead of coal or gas

solution

??

I live in Karachi and face 3 hours of LS where i live & i know places in Karachi where there is no LS

Its just the will of leaders which is required otherwise Pak scientists have said that with good infastrusture which is there in Pakistan, we may produce more than 50000 MW within few months of work every thing is complete to use That Coal but again govt is not willing to use them.....
i wonder with same population & even less land bangladesh is having several times less electricity the situation should be worst for common ppls in Bangladesh when their govt is inviting Pakistani investors with low cost electricity...

Its funny how electricity is distributed here. Most people of sindh specially karachi dont pay electricity bills yet they have full supply of electricity. And all the industries are in Punjab almost all the revenue is generated from Punjab but their is no electricity here 35000 industrial units closed down recently due to no electricity and hundreds and thousands become jobless. You people are thieves like ur corrupt mqm.

6-18-2012_110535_1.gif

Its funny how electricity is distributed here. Most people of sindh specially karachi dont pay electricity bills yet they have full supply of electricity. And all the industries are in Punjab almost all the revenue is generated from Punjab but their is no electricity here 35000 industrial units closed down recently due to no electricity and hundreds and thousands become jobless. You people are thieves like ur corrupt mqm.

u r wrong in Karachi the places where most of the ppls dont pay bills get LS of even 10 Hours bt those areas where most of the ppls pay bills have less or no LS, this is the distribution by KESC which is good.

and even a kid knows tht no one in punjab pay bills or taxes....soo cut ur Karachi Vs Punjab BS

P.S : i request mod to see this guy's tone

Get u'r facts correct Javed! Punjab has the greatest bill recovery rate at 97.64 %, the least line losses at 9% & the least outstanding government dues at Rs3blln approx. besides on any given dau KESC gets approx 680-890 MW from the national grid(free of cost to boot) that means lesser electricity for us & equates to 2 more hrs of suffering for us. Why can't you have 2 less hours so we can have 2 more.
These figures are pretty recent & you can google them up.
We are being made to suffer for no ******** reason.

Get u'r facts correct Javed! Punjab has the greatest bill recovery rate at 97.64 %, the least line losses at 9% & the least outstanding government dues at Rs3blln approx. besides on any given dau KESC gets approx 680-890 MW from the national grid(free of cost to boot) that means lesser electricity for us & equates to 2 more hrs of suffering for us. Why can't you have 2 less hours so we can have 2 more.
These figures are pretty recent & you can google them up.
We are being made to suffer for no ******** reason.

Well the world is not a fair place. That is the reason.

i dont underatnd in whole south asia we have the highest hydro mix(33% at full capcity, with current production 52%,i.e 9000mw approx 4500 is hydro)

we also have capcity of 23000 and emand only of 18000

yet we are having load shedding?!!!

reason
people are not paying their bills(actually pppp workers)
using oil instead of coal or gas

solution

??

No quick solution. Gas is in short supply and the gas power stations are not working. The other thermal stations burning oil are too expensive to run since they are not economical with current oil prices. Pakistan currently does not have any large coal power plants and making them needs time and large amount of investment. Hydro is seasonal and building any new dam needs billions of dollars and atleast a decade to complete. So we are in it for a long run. Even the next government will not be able to finish off load shedding. That is the truth. The only relatively fast way to finish the load shedding is to import electricity and then work on a long term plan to increase the capacity inside the country.

Back
Top Bottom