What's new

Electricity shortfall in the country reaches 8,500 MW

very sad, i cannot bear loadshedding even for 5 minutes. i feel sorry for people who have to live with it for hours. it definitely makes one frustrated and hopeless..

very sad, i cannot bear loadshedding even for 5 minutes. i feel sorry for people who have to live with it for hours. it definitely makes one frustrated and hopeless..
Everyone..........Except the guy selling invertors and generators!!!!;)

That's what I'm talking about - burn their homes only then they'd realise pain of the common people who voted for them.

292580_251116058326444_462190741_n.jpg

common people still love their leaders and will vote for them again

:pakistan:

besides this is fault of previous govt

:cheers:

PPPP would win elections on basis of their performance EX-PM gilani
:sniper:

from: Thousands riot over power cuts in Punjab | DAWN.COM

powerriots_abbotabad_onppx18-034_670.jpg

ISLAMABAD: Thousands of Pakistanis battled with police and torched a lawmaker’s house Tuesday on the third consecutive day of violent protests against widespread power cuts that have plagued the country during the hottest part of the year, police said.

After years of underinvestment and bad management in the energy sector, many Pakistanis receive only a few hours of electricity a day during the sweltering summer months. Many in the country’s Punjab province, which is controlled by the opposition and has seen the most violent protests, feel their region shoulders an unfairly large portion of the rolling blackouts.

Police and witnesses said rioting broke out in at least two areas of Punjab where residents often get as little as four hours of electricity a day.

Thousands of rioters stormed the house of Riaz Fatiyana, a local lawmaker allied with the national government from the town of Kamaliya, burning his vehicles and possessions, police officer Mohammed Shafique said.

Fatiyana’s Pakistan Muslim League-Q party is part of the coalition government of President Asif Ali Zardari. The rival Pakistan Muslim League-N is in charge of Punjab province.

Speaking to local media, Fatiyana accused the police of standing by and giving a free hand to rioters to attack his home.

But a senior police official, Mohammed Raouf, denied the allegation. He said the mob ruthlessly attacked government and private buildings and said police officers were trying to restore order. Raouf accused Fatiyana’s guards of opening fire on the rioters, wounding some of them. The rioters then retaliated by burning the lawmaker’s home, Raouf said.

He said so far about 30 rioters had been injured in clashes with police.

In the nearby Khanewal district, police fired tear gas to disperse rock-throwing protesters attempting to torch the offices of the local power company.

The government has been frantically trying to address the dire energy situation. The Pakistani president met Tuesday in the capital with officials to discuss ways to solve the energy crisis.

Electricity is as important as water and food nowadays. But rioting will not help here, your voice has reached the government. Pakistan is going through hard times economically and financially. You have to keep that in mind. You are already a democratic nation in where you can elect your PM and President. I believe internal security comes before food and water. In other words, countries today's economies significantly rely on foreign investments and tourism, and those wouldn't come with lack of security and safe environment which Pakistan unfortunately lacks. I hope you next time elect the one who really represents you.

I agree, a protest is much better option than a riot. Unfortunately as far as I know, in Pakistan, for many people, a riot is synonymous as a protest. I also agree that there is a dire need for stability in Pakistan. Without political stability, law & order, & the right government policies, no sane investor would be willing to invest in the country.

The problem however is in Pakistan's democracy. Based on my understanding a democracy can only function when the people are educated. The reason is, & I am sorry to say this but illiterate or uneducated people aren't fit to select a leader for themselves. Pakistan suffers from illiteracy, so getting rid of this problem is crucial for democracy to function, only educated people can successfully undertake the task of picking a leader. Personally I think that the leader should be chosen by the best people in the society. Meaning that a council consisting of doctors, engineers, scientists, scholars, economists, etc should choose the next leader.

Now an ex defence minister - a renowned playboy is running the bloody ministry now... Raja Pervaiz made a mess he is then transferred to run IT ministry where Pakistan is booming in IT industry under his leadership, Water and Power ministry was then transferred to some other person (forgot his name), now Ahmad Mukhtar is running the ministry... what the hell is going on? Who is our defence minister now?

I am sorry I can't answer your question because I don't know anything about the people you referred to in your post. Hopefully, another member will answer you.

Although I just checked & found out that our defence minister is "Naveed Qamar" according to a Wikipedia article below.

Defence Minister of Pakistan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As Gilani was removed from Prime Minister position, PPP protesters will burn the house, train, street, bus, killing anything, lol.

Ek samajhdaar politician ne kha tha"Roti nahi hai to bread khaao""

Now that there is no electricity, will some one ask these politicians, what a common man is supposed to do..start living in their bungalows???

20 hours load shedding per day .. Wow

And here I used to abuse the government for load shedding which used to take place till last year

Pakistan may buy electricity from fifth largest electricity producer in world

"Water and Power Minister Chaudhry Ahmad Mukhtar announced on Monday that loadshedding will be restricted to 8 hours in urban areas and 12 hours in the rural areas of the country starting June 18."

Are you kidding me...???

Back
Top Bottom