What's new

Electricity shortfall in the country reaches 8,500 MW

Zardari regime is doing this intentionally. Still blame is to be put on Punjab govt too, 4 years they were sleeping in parliament? They should've worked out the strategy how to solve this power crises, but why will they care.

As for Karachi i remember when i was there in Summer 2008 there was very heavy loadshedding & often whole night there was no power at all but most Karachities have installed UPS & Generators, ranging from PKR 4000 to 200000.

I think all political parties should make planning how to solve this serious issue if they come into power next year.

Privatise the power sector ..
Dont tax anything related to power production for few years ..
After completing every hydroelectric project of above 200 mw Go for nuclear plants ..
Surplus electricity is basic need for healthy economic growth

in lhr its 4 5 hours but in gujrat dont even ask light just comes for 30 or 1 hour and goes back for lol atlesat 6 7 hours so u can see the situation i was thinkng to come pakistan but lol my family grmy said puter tu na avii tu bemar ho jave ga :D =)) now ups and genrtr dsnt worker were thnkng abt buyng sonar panels any idea abt that guys ?

well belive it or not but here its almost 22 hours load-shedding

rite now a friend of mine asked me Bijli ki kia halat hai I replied What is Bijli ? lol

22 hours every day???? Which part you live in?

I remember 12-16 hours loadshedding twice a week in 2008 otherwise it was 8 hours a day in Karachi but 22 hours everyday is simply outrageous.

22 hours every day???? Which part you live in?

I remember 12-16 hours loadshedding twice a week in 2008 otherwise it was 8 hours a day in Karachi but 22 hours everyday is simply outrageous.

Well i live in Charsadda Which is the Birth place of ANP *** holes its 25 Km from Peshawar and 25 KM from Mardan also 30 KM from Naushehra ....

And yes everyday !!

in lhr its 4 5 hours but in gujrat dont even ask light just comes for 30 or 1 hour and goes back for lol atlesat 6 7 hours so u can see the situation i was thinkng to come pakistan but lol my family grmy said puter tu na avii tu bemar ho jave ga :D =)) now ups and genrtr dsnt worker were thnkng abt buyng sonar panels any idea abt that guys ?

I think you mean Solar Systems. So yes go for it, although it is very expensive but is the only solution left in your hand.

It's endemic, a new government is not going to perform miracles when the whole system's bad, what a new Government will do initially is give the people a temporary relief to garner support. Pakistan essentially is facing a crumbling infrastructure with shortage of funds - don't go by budget allocations cos most are phoney numbers. The temporary relief given by the new party will show ill effects in the long term. There is no quick fix solution, a democratic government results in showing the lacuna's existent in the system. Proper planning which should have been done a decade ago is what's effecting you presently. If the new government is smart enough they will introduce systems that will bring relief after a couple of years.

I agree with you for the most part. I have stated it many times in previous threads that Pakistan needs to be revamped from the ground up. Not only does the government have to change but the society too. Pakistan needs a renaissance of its own, it will take years to correct many of the mistakes of the past.

By the way, what is a "lacuna"? As far as I know it's the absence of a law pertaining to or addressing a particular situation.

As far i know your production capability is many times more than bangladesh for almost same no of population ..
I think situation in bangladesh is far worst

Well i live in Charsadda Which is the Birth place of ANP *** holes its 25 Km from Peshawar and 25 KM from Mardan also 30 KM from Naushehra ....

And yes everyday !!

22 hours is unacceptable, that means complete meltdown of economy?

BTW Is it cold in Charsadda or hot?

As far i know your production capability is many times more than bangladesh for almost same no of population ..
I think situation in bangladesh is far worst

I don't think so, if situation was worst in Bdsh how the local industrial units relocating to Bdsh?

I think it is due to massive corruption that Power issue has become worst in Pakistan, they are holding payments for 4 years.

22 hours is unacceptable, that means complete meltdown of economy?

BTW Is it cold in Charsadda or hot?

Its hot out here from last two days nights are ok ! About economy Every damn shop is closed , factories are closed.Yaar life is like hell here with out lite rite now...Today in the morning i saw lite for 30 min and then in mid day for 15 min after that nope..

I don't think so, if situation was worst in Bdsh how the local industrial units relocating to Bdsh?

I think it is due to massive corruption that Power issue has become worst in Pakistan, they are holding payments for 4 years.

Yes on of my friend also moved to BD but i heard the taxes there and other duties on there goods are less there then Pakistan and lite is Extra !

About yr last line Corruption yes i agree with you its more of a corruption then any thing else.

Its hot out here from last two days nights are ok ! About economy Every damn shop is closed , factories are closed.Yaar life is like hell here with out lite rite now...Today in the morning i saw lite for 30 min and then in mid day for 15 min after that nope..

I admire your patience bro - I would go crazy. Keep your chin up . I pray it changes for you asap....

What can we do except praying for some right person to get elected.

BTW summer time during loadshedding we used to play in streets(so in those days we get easy bahana(excuse) to stay out & play only due to loadshedding)

Does any one knows what is the situation in Karachi? I'm planning to go there next year perhaps.

I agree with you for the most part. I have stated it many times in previous threads that Pakistan needs to be revamped from the ground up. Not only does the government have to change but the society too. Pakistan needs a renaissance of its own, it will take years to correct many of the mistakes of the past.

By the way, what is a "lacuna"? As far as I know it's the absence of a law pertaining to or addressing a particular situation.

"Lacuna" is the shortfall or the deficiency in a system or being.

I admire your patience bro - I would go crazy. Keep your chin up . I pray it changes for you asap....

I admire the Pakistani spirit here - there is still admirable tolerance and hope against a lot of odds.

Back
Top Bottom