What's new

Electricity problem is due to imported coal, shehbaz Sharif

One should not forget that long range electricity transfer has about 20+% line losses as well.

The idea is simply nonsensical in every single way.
Why is there a line built in China from Xinjiang all the way to eastern China if that amount of supposed loss want offset some other way?

Btw, IF direct electricity supply is not feasible, then an oil and/or gas pipeline maybe more viable, on a route along a rail line, with the transit trade revenue from both projects generating enough revenue to payback the investment. China could sell deeply discounted Russian oil and or gas it is purchasing at a profit and easily recoup the revenue. The pipeline could go to the Indian ocean and allow China to sell to African countries, and the rail line also allow China to earn profits on goods transported to and from central Asian to the Indian Ocean basin, like any other freight Company, but with China being given full or partial ownership for 30-40 years to recoup their investment and earn a good amount of profit.

Why is there a line built in China from Xinjiang all the way to eastern China if that amount of supposed loss want offset some other way?

Btw, IF direct electricity supply is not feasible, then an oil and/or gas pipeline maybe more viable, on a route along a rail line, with the transit trade revenue from both projects generating enough revenue to payback the investment. China could sell deeply discounted Russian oil and or gas it is purchasing at a profit and easily recoup the revenue. The pipeline could go to the Indian ocean and allow China to sell to African countries, and the rail line also allow China to earn profits on goods transported to and from central Asian to the Indian Ocean basin.
It's offset by the fact the Xinjiang is part of China, and is heavily subsidized.

China does not have spare Russian Crude or spare Russian Natural Gas to sell.

China literally still imports natural gas from the U.S. in the form of LNG.

I'm not sure why you think China of all places would be a good source of cheap energy to pakistan outside of selling solar panels or doing energy projects in pakistan.

I'm also not sure you understand that pipelines are not free, and the starting point of this hypothetical pipeline would be the Yamal Arctic Fields in Russia.

You are literally proposing a pipeline that goes all the way to the east of Russia from the north of russia, Then goes all the way from the Northeast of China to the Southwest of China, and then goes to Pakistan, and then goes through deep ocean to africa.

Bruh, are you trolling?

Last edited:
1654778998725.png

Bara hi koi pen yak hai.

When President Zardari opposed the Sahiwal Coal Plant, he stated very clearly that instead of investing heavily in local coal, they invest in a project that will take coal from the port all the way to Sahiwal. He was ridiculed and attacked by PMLN.

BS... he just wanted his 10%

It's offset by the fact the Xinjiang is part of China, and is heavily subsidized.

China does not have spare Russian Crude or spare Russian Natural Gas to sell.

China literally still imports natural gas from the U.S. in the form of LNG.

I'm not sure why you think China of all places would be a good source of cheap energy to pakistan outside of selling solar panels or doing energy projects in pakistan.

I'm also not sure you understand that pipelines are not free, and the starting point of this hypothetical pipeline would be the Yamal Arctic Fields in Russia.

You are literally proposing a pipeline that goes all the way to the east of Russia from the north of russia, Then goes all the way from the Northeast of China to the Southwest of China, and then goes to Pakistan, and then goes through deep ocean to africa.

Bruh, are you trolling?
Not trolling, but maybe it’s a idea I didn’t explain clearly.

1. Currently China may not have spare oil or gas, but with Russia looking for new markets, so as China and Russia are building new pipelines to supply the Chinese market, the Chinese could build out the infrastructure, in Xinjiang where there is already a oil and gas pipeline network from Central Asia, to import and then export oil and gas south, over the Himalayas to the world from Gwadar.

This is basically reimagining the TAPI or the IPI pipelines but going bigger.

Pakistan can earn on transit trade, and Russian oil can reach world markets (at a warm water port) via Chinese and Pakistani middlemen.

This is a business idea, not aid or free money.

Not trolling, but maybe it’s a idea I didn’t explain clearly.

1. Currently China may not have spare oil or gas, but with Russia looking for new markets, so as China and Russia are building new pipelines to supply the Chinese market, the Chinese could build out the infrastructure, in Xinjiang where there is already a oil and gas pipeline network from Central Asia, to import and then export oil and gas south, over the Himalayas to the world from Gwadar.

This is basically reimagining the TAPI or the IPI pipelines but going bigger.

Pakistan can earn on transit trade, and Russian oil can reach world markets (at a warm water port) via Chinese and Pakistani middlemen.

This is a business idea, not aid or free money.
That does not sound remotely economically feasible.

It's just WAYYYYYYY too long of a transit by pipeline.

Would it be feasible to close down this plant for atleast a few months until coal prices come down. Pakistan has excess electricity.

Or have PMLN/Bureaucrats signed another suicidal iron clad contract that Pakistan won’t be able to get out of.

Lol you are saying you have surplus electricity but still you are having load shedding of up to 12 hours. Enlighten us what other source of energy you have in Pakistan and I am talking about the installed one or what PTI did in 4 years ?

What an idiot.

Were you getting energy through nuclear reactors or solar into your grid ? It is common phenomenon in South Asia at least. Instead of calling him idiot tell us what PTI did to overcome it in case of disaster? Ain't they the best ? They must have done something good in 4 years to come out of it.

Lol you are saying you have surplus electricity but still you are having load shedding of up to 12 hours. Enlighten us what other source of energy you have in Pakistan and I am talking about the installed one or what PTI did in 4 years ?

Were you getting energy through nuclear reactors or solar into your grid ? It is common phenomenon in South Asia at least. Instead of calling him idiot tell us what PTI did to overcome it in case of disaster? Ain't they the best ? They must have done something good in 4 years to come out of it.

Kid, I do not know why you are jumping in so aggressively, but I would suggest you take a step back, read up on things, then come back and indulge in a conversation.

As of today, Pakistan has enough installed capacity to meet the demand.

We aren't creating electricity because:

1- The energy costs are way too high
2- We want to keep the import bill (and consequently trade deficit) low because we do not have enough dollars

We literally do not have enough money to buy fuel for the power plants we have. I don't know if you are one of those N trolls we have been infested with lately, so I will give you the benefit of doubt, but if you are, then your own dear Shahid Khaqan has said as such...to reduce 1 hour of loadshedding we need $125 million a month extra. That's the amount we save with 1 hour. Now you do the math.

I am not going to get into the WHY we have such power plants right now, but PTI does not figure into this equation from anywhere.

Had N been more focussed on doing something itself rather than on PTI with 10 press conferences a day, things might have been better.

That does not sound remotely economically feasible.

It's just WAYYYYYYY too long of a transit by pipeline.
This is the current map of the Chinese pipeline network as per open sources. The crude oil pipeline already extends into the middle of Xinjiang.

This is the current map of the Chinese pipeline network as per open sources. The crude oil pipeline already extends into the middle of Xinjiang.

Any pipeline used for your proposal is pipeline capacity that cannot be used for their originally planned uses.

Your proposal essentially means building a continuous pipeline capacity from Northwest-ish Russia to Northeast China to Southwest China to Pakistan.

There is no way in hell that would ever be economically feasible.

Also, Crude transports just fine by ship from Russia to Pakistan, as it would go through the Baltic route.

All this is moot though, since Pakistan won't even complete the IPI pipeline, which has similar problems with Pakistan dealing with Russian anything.

One should not forget that long range electricity transfer has about 20+% line losses as well.

The idea is simply nonsensical in every single way.
What year is it?
1930s

Long range transfer with high volatage capacity HAS NEARLY ZERO losses

Issue with this will be cost of lying down these cables and the fact that chinese srent our mom and dad that they will provide cheap power

This mentality has caused most of our issues

Kid, I do not know why you are jumping in so aggressively, but I would suggest you take a step back, read up on things, then come back and indulge in a conversation.

As of today, Pakistan has enough installed capacity to meet the demand.

We aren't creating electricity because:

1- The energy costs are way too high
2- We want to keep the import bill (and consequently trade deficit) low because we do not have enough dollars

We literally do not have enough money to buy fuel for the power plants we have. I don't know if you are one of those N trolls we have been infested with lately, so I will give you the benefit of doubt, but if you are, then your own dear Shahid Khaqan has said as such...to reduce 1 hour of loadshedding we need $125 million a month extra. That's the amount we save with 1 hour. Now you do the math.

I am not going to get into the WHY we have such power plants right now, but PTI does not figure into this equation from anywhere.

Had N been more focussed on doing something itself rather than on PTI with 10 press conferences a day, things might have been better.

Instead of calling me kid, it would have been wise if you have re read the OP and other posters. He is also saying about the cost of imported coal. Pakistan need 28000 MW of electricity whereas it is able to produce odd 21000 MW so where is surplus electricity ?

Back
Top Bottom