What's new

Elective Quran course approved for military schools

Status
Not open for further replies.
I live in Texas...not a lot of signs about beheading around here. Which London Uni gave you your creds in "Texas expert"?

texas folks are well know for their crazy racist attitudes they were very racist about obama during elections he is black n mooslim. Texans can be radical too.

If the state has ordered it then it must be implemented. People who oppose this have their due right to oppose or the other way round , get in power and change the policy. People on this thread missed one part. its written as "Elective" any one who wants to learn can learn if some one doesnt want to learn it is his choice.
One cannot force any one to study the religion.

I'm violently against this. I hope AKP get's voted out. They failed both in internal and external policy. They are a complete failure, people are starting to see what kind of farce AKP is. Instead of investing in tech they invest in religion, big mosques instead of school, etc.

n_34663_4.jpg

The Turkish General Staff has approved elective religion courses for military high schools that include instruction on the Quran, the Life of the Prophet Muhammad and basic religion, private broadcaster NTV reported today.

Responding to claims, General Staff also said the curriculum of schools tied to the military did not include any open or secret courses to instruct students about coups.

source: HDN

My warning signals started blinking when I read this piece of news. My first worry is how this would impact on the current military, and secondarily how the current government would try to draw benefit from this.

I still see the military as the guarentor of turkish secularism, even though the current government has done a lot for our country.

On the other hand I'm thinking if the soldiers receive education in the teaching of the Quran etc. they'd be more than just Mücahit/mehmetchik, and no I am not thinking of Jihadists like some radicals would think. I think they'd be "can mehmetcik" soldiers knowing the value of life through islam, and anyone firing/killing them would be kafir, and thus don't have the right to exist.

Granted, I have the same opinion for the current TSK, anyone firing/killing them don't have the right to exist, so it's just a small change. :D
Yes Finally Turkey is slowly changing and it change more and will come more close to Islam because Secularism can never work in Muslim countries sooner or later it is bound to fail because even Muslims sometimes become bad and don't follow Islam but they return to Islam again and again so good start :):):yahoo::smitten:

texas folks are well know for their crazy racist attitudes they were very racist about obama during elections he is black n mooslim. Texans can be radical too.

Technically I am a Texan after one year. I have lived here for 2 months and some change.

If the state has ordered it then it must be implemented. People who oppose this have their due right to oppose or the other way round , get in power and change the policy. People on this thread missed one part. its written as "Elective" any one who wants to learn can learn if some one doesnt want to learn it is his choice.
One cannot force any one to study the religion.

As i expected, the number of students who took the lessons was only a fraction of the total. Makes sense, what does a religious person do in a military school anyway...

Yes Finally Turkey is slowly changing and it change more and will come more close to Islam because Secularism can never work in Muslim countries sooner or later it is bound to fail because even Muslims sometimes become bad and don't follow Islam but they return to Islam again and again so good start :):):yahoo::smitten:

Yay behead all those who insult Islam :D

Yes Finally Turkey is slowly changing and it change more and will come more close to Islam because Secularism can never work in Muslim countries sooner or later it is bound to fail because even

Turkey has proved that it can work, majority of the people has embraced secularism long ago. So it is the problem of Muslim countries to get it work with Islam or they will remain as what they are now.

Muslims sometimes become bad and don't follow Islam but they return to Islam again and again so good start :):):yahoo::smitten:

If you think secularism is equal to not fallowing your religion, thus becoming "bad", you should check the definition of it. If you were talking about those who drink alcholol for 11 months and becoming perfect muslims in Ramadan, then you are right :tup: Yay :D

Turkey has proved that it can work, majority of the people has embraced secularism long ago. So it is the problem of Muslim countries to get it work with Islam or they will remain as what they are now.

If you think secularism is equal to not fallowing your religion, thus becoming "bad", you should check the definition of it. If you were talking about those who drink alcholol for 11 months and becoming perfect muslims in Ramadan, then you are right :tup: Yay :D
Sir secularism never worked in Turkey that is why people of turkey are slowly going back to Islam and soon you will see the change to Secularism will never work in Muslim countries it will fail eventually everywhere

Sir secularism never worked in Turkey that is why people of turkey are slowly going back to Islam and soon you will see the change to Secularism will never work in Muslim countries it will fail eventually everywhere

Although you are right about Turkey's secularism never worked as it should be, but like i said the important thing here is the fact that Turkish people have embraced it. Turkey will keep its secularism, and you are going to keep admiring Turkey because of secularism, without even knowing the source of your admiration.

People slowly going back to islam? So you are saying 10/20/30/40 years ago Turks were not muslim?

It is funny that more than Turks, Pakistani having stronger opinion, just imagine Turks doing the same rudeness with your country, that would not be nice

Although you are right about Turkey's secularism never worked as it should be, but like i said the important thing here is the fact that Turkish people have embraced it. Turkey will keep its secularism, and you are going to keep admiring Turkey because of secularism, without even knowing the source of your admiration.
Okay let see we will see it really very soon

People slowly going back to islam? So you are saying 10/20/30/40 years ago Turks were not muslim?

It is funny that more than Turks, Pakistani having stronger opinion, just imagine Turks doing the same rudeness with your country, that would not be nice
I mean it is quite different if compared to situation 30 years ago really quite different

You guys do realize the only reason your troops never get attacked in Afghanistan is because the Afghans consider you army as Muslim.

And your point is...? Should we give up from our secularism in order to impress Afghans?

Afghans should decide who to attack by looking their intentions, not their religions. That is one of the reasons why Afghanistan is a shthole right now.

and what has this to do anything with the topic mate? Taliban nutheads attack Pakistan army constantly, are you implying that Taliban sees Pakistani army as non-Muslim army? Thats completely illogical

No wonder Turkey is progressing in leap and bounds whereas Pakistan is retrogressing at the speed of light. It seems the more dose of religion you get the more irrational you become.

How do Turks reproduce...female lays eggs then male fertilizes them?

Concern about your own backwarded society where 80% choosing mouth instead of natural way. Lets see what the population rate will be after 30 years in West :D

Iqbal & Quid, both are examples of such effect .
There is a famous poetry from iqbal on this subject .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom