What's new

Election results 2018

i hope i am wrong but i think he might have a chance to become president, if pmln members chooses to vote for zardari as president.

Only if PMLN succeed in forming Fed gov then only Zardari stands a chance to be President.

Title of President is what zardari wants, immunity.

Everyone wants immunity. Showbaz and his son would be candidates too.

Indeed, literally! :tup:National Assembly Numbers Game As Per My Information, updated by @PakSword , at This Time:

National Assembly PTI and Allies at this time:

PTI 116
BAP 04
PMLQ 03
GDA 02
AML 01
INDP 03
Total 129

National Assembly Opposition at this time:

PMLN 64
PPP 43
MMA 13
ANP 01
IND 00
TOTAL 121

Undecided at this time:

IND 10
MQM 06
BNP 02
JWP 01
PTIN 01
TOTAL 20

TOTAL SEATS 266+4
Majority Required to form Government 137

PTI coalition 129+ MQM 6 = 135 require only 2 more seats
PTI is too much focused on Punjab, i think they have put national on back bunner. Having said that if 6-7 independents join PTI, we wont be needing MQM as well.
Plus i thought MQM had said No to pti and instead supporting N league?

@PakSword now you are trolling me, lol, still I have confirmed good news:

MAGIC FIGURE = 149

PTI 123 + PMLQ 7 + INDP 14 + PMLF 2 + BAP 1 = 149

CONGRATULATIONS PDF!!!

I declare PTI Victorious in the race for CM Punjab

No not trolling.. I am sure that the total seats won by a party are considered for the election of the leader of the house..

So first, as @Verve said, the reserved seats are allocated to each party based on the party position after independents join a particular party. However, I disagree with verve when he says that total number remains the same for the calculation of majority. Any number of independents who do not join the party, are excluded from the total number of membership for the purpose of calculation of majority.

But if a party attains more than half of the membership (not the total, but 272, or the number excluding independents), we safely assume that the party will have the majority on the total membership as well because reserved seats are distributed according to party position based on the general seats.

As a last step, all the seats (General plus Reserved) of a party are considered when electing the leader of the house.

(4) The Prime Minister shall be elected by the votes of the majority of the total membership of the National Assembly:
That's right, but total majority is calculated based on the number of members who are associated to any party. Any remaining independents are excluded when calculating the total membership number.

@PakSword now you are trolling me, lol, still I have confirmed good news:

MAGIC FIGURE = 149

PTI 123 + PMLQ 7 + INDP 14 + PMLF 2 + BAP 1 = 149

CONGRATULATIONS PDF!!!

I declare PTI Victorious in the race for CM Punjab
You see @Shane every channel is calculating the party position.. that also gives us the clue that all the seats "won by a party" will be counted..

No not trolling.. I am sure that the total seats won by a party are considered for the election of the leader of the house..

So first, as @Verve said, the reserved seats are allocated to each party based on the party position after independents join a particular party. However, I disagree with verve when he says that total number remains the same for the calculation of majority. Any number of independents who do not join the party, are excluded from the total number of membership for the purpose of calculation of majority.

But if a party attains more than half of the membership (not the total, but 272, or the number excluding independents), we safely assume that the party will have the majority on the total membership as well because reserved seats are distributed according to party position based on the general seats.

As a last step, all the seats (General plus Reserved) of a party are considered when electing the leader of the house.

That's right, but total majority is calculated based on the number of members who are associated to any party. Any remaining independents are excluded when calculating the total membership number.

You see @Shane every channel is calculating the party position.. that also gives us the clue that all the seats "won by a party" will be counted..

Its confusing but I think your assessment is right and that is why every media channel is interested in Punjab Govt not federal since the analysts believe that is well covered by PTI.

And 137 is not the red line required count. Elections were held on 270 NA seats not 272 hence required count will be 136 IMO.

FazlurRehman and Hamza Shahbaz are bragging that they will be able to make Government in the center too if they combine their numbers. It is highly unlikely and looks like a rhetoric to entice more independents to join PMLN in Punjab.

Kindly correct the following numbers if I have made any mistake.

National Assembly Numbers Game As Per My Information At This Time:

PTI 112 (4 extra IK seats)
BAP 04
PMLQ 03
GDA 02
AML 01
INDP 03
Total 125

PMLN 64
PPP 43
MMA 13
ANP 01
IND 00
TOTAL 121

Undecided at this time:

IND 10
MQM 06
BNP 02
JWP 01
PTIN 01
TOTAL 20

TOTAL SEATS 266+4
Majority Required to form Government 137
yes but deisel cant do a jack

My list

PTI 116
BAP 02
PMLQ 04
GDA 02
AML 01
INDP 03
Total 129

PMLN 64
PPP 43
MMA 13
ANP 01
IND 00
TOTAL 121

Undecided at this time:

IND 10
MQM 06
BNP 02
JWP 01
PTIN 01
TOTAL 20

TOTAL SEATS 266+4
Majority Required to form Government 136

PTI will get independents Chill party :p:

And Numbers Game is Almost up for PMLN. PTI is just taking its time to consolidate numbers and include as many independents as possible. MQM as well as undecided independents will support whoever forms government in the center and that is PTI, its that simple, all else is plain bravado and usual bluff.

yes but deisel cant do a jack

My list

PTI 116
BAP 02
PMLQ 04
GDA 02
AML 01
INDP 03
Total 129

PMLN 64
PPP 43
MMA 13
ANP 01
IND 00
TOTAL 121

Undecided at this time:

IND 10
MQM 06
BNP 02
JWP 01
PTIN 01
TOTAL 20

TOTAL SEATS 266+4
Majority Required to form Government 136

PTI will get independents Chill party :p:
wrong numbers PTI lost 1 NA seat in recounting and plus IK has to vacate 4 seats and PMLQ 1 .
PTI 110
PMLQ 03.

Back
Top Bottom