What's new

Elderly Ahmadi man arrested for reading the Holy Qur'an

Status
Not open for further replies.
i dont think so reading Quran is posing as Muslim. even Hindu/Sikhs read Quran.

You are misleading people by assuming so.

Even i read bible, hindu religious texts, does it make me a non-Muslim?

no it doesnt

The news item you posted clearly points towards trapping of the doctor by people who clearly have some personal jealousy against him.

Whatever, I can't argue with Pakistani logic, this man was just arrested on the basis that he posed as a muslim. The evidence they showed the police was him reading the Holy Qur'an, now tell me if reading the Holy Qur'an was permissible for ahmadis why did they record this particular bit and showed it as evidence? if you still want to twist everything and pass your judgement then go your way.

there are many things in India which are against low cast Hindus and their rights too.

qadyanis are NOT Muslims according to basics of Islam simple as that. its not just about Pakistan
There are many things culturally but not constitutionally. Infact, you wud be shocked to know that Indian constitution was written by Dr.Ambedkar who himself was a lowest of low caste.

I cant do anything for something which is a social evil coz that take time to improve with education and growth but if law of a land discriminates then i do have problem with existence of such laws. Now here is the extreme case. Pakistan was created for Muslims and here I see Muslims themselves struggle to find space in the constitution just coz it doesnt meet some other Muslim's eye.

Whatever, I can't argue with Pakistani logic, this man was just arrested on the basis that he posed as a muslim. The evidence they showed the police was him reading the Holy Qur'an, now tell me if reading the Holy Qur'an was permissible for ahmadis why did they record this particular bit and showed it as evidence? if you still want to twist everything and pass your judgement then go your way.

clearly the news shows that the two men who had trapped him had forced him one way or the other to speak about his belief.

This is clearly trapping. and has NOTHING to do with reading Quran.

The incident also shows that we need to clear confusion in such laws. posing as Muslim is NOT a crime even.

This is how your mullahs interpret this law, go pick a fight with the mullahs its their laws. I am not making my own interpretations. The fact remains, they recorded this gentlemen while he was reading the Holy Qur'an, because they obviously know the law more than you.

You can make propaganda of whatever suits you.
There is no such law in Islam and neither in Pakistan.

clearly the news shows that the two men who had trapped him had forced him one way or the other to speak about his belief.

This is clearly trapping. and has NOTHING to do with reading Quran.

The incident also shows that we need to clear confusion in such laws. posing as Muslim is NOT a crime even.

298-C. Person of Qadiani group, etc., calling himself a Muslim or preaching or propagating his faith:

Any person of the Qadiani group or the Lahori group (who call themselves 'Ahmadis' or by any other name), who directly or indirectly, poses himself as a Muslim, or calls, or refers to, his faith as Islam, or preaches or propagates his faith, or invites others to accept his faith, by words, either spoken or written, or by visible representations, or in any manner whatsoever outrages the religious feelings of Muslims shall be punished with imprisonment of either description for a term which may extend to three years and shall also be liable to fine.

We are obviously arguing two different things here....

indeed somebody can not :))) thats what we are saying.

Its basically Allah who has clearly laid down the rules of being a Muslim in Quran.

And according to Quran Muhammad (PBUH), is the last prophet of Allah and there is no messenger of Allah after him.

Clear and sound.

anyone claiming otherwise and claiming he got revelation is clearly making up things

But what if your Allah had a second thought & decided a new Prophet was decided to boost ratings.:)

But what if your Allah had a second thought & decided a new Prophet was decided to boost ratings.:)

if He had He would have laid it down in Quran.

And my Allah does not need a second thought. He has one clear order.

God has no second thoughts, if he has he does not deserve to be God because it means that he has made a mistake and his first thought was not perfect. And the word God is for perfect. So your idea is ruled out

298-C. Person of Qadiani group, etc., calling himself a Muslim or preaching or propagating his faith:

Any person of the Qadiani group or the Lahori group (who call themselves 'Ahmadis' or by any other name), who directly or indirectly, poses himself as a Muslim, or calls, or refers to, his faith as Islam, or preaches or propagates his faith, or invites others to accept his faith, by words, either spoken or written, or by visible representations, or in any manner whatsoever outrages the religious feelings of Muslims shall be punished with imprisonment of either description for a term which may extend to three years and shall also be liable to fine.

We are obviously arguing two different things here....

It has nothing to do with reading Quran. Since you can be non-Muslim and at the same time read Quran.

BTW why you guys even need to pose as Muslims?

I mean you can have your own qadyani faith, act whatever way you want, worship, have your own prophets WITHOUT claiming someone else's faith.

call it qadyani faith not Islam.

You can make propaganda of whatever suits you.
There is no such law in Islam and neither in Pakistan.

How else does someone "pose" as a muslim?

and if the Holy Qur'an is not off limits for Ahmadis then why do you wipe out kalimas frm our mosques? Isn't that the Holy Qur'an too?

God has no second thoughts, if he has he does not deserve to be God because it means that he has made a mistake and his first thought was not perfect. And the word God is for perfect. So your idea is ruled out

How do you know?
Are you God?

if He had He would have laid it down in Quran.

And my Allah does not need a second thought. He has one clear order.

Well he forgot after all in the 7th Century they didn't have those sticky notes & reminders.:lol:

It has nothing to do with reading Quran. Since you can be non-Muslim and at the same time read Quran.

I mean you can have your own qadyani faith, act whatever way you want, worship, have your own prophets WITHOUT claiming someone else's faith.

Stop derailing the thread. We have our faith its called Islam, Islam is not your jageer that you get to decide who gets to partake from its blessings and who doesn't.

Ahmadiyya Times | News Watch | Int'l Desk
Source/Credit: Ahmadiyya Times sources
By Staff report | November 26, 2013

An Ahmadi doctor is arrested and held on blasphemy charges in Old Anarkali area of Lahore, it has been reported.

Dr. Masood, a British national, was attending clients at his clinic on Monday, November 25th, when two men posing as patients arrived at the clinic seeking treatment, local sources have informed Ahmadiyya Times.

According to the details, after medications were dispensed to the two men, they stayed to ask certain religious question which Dr Masood supposedly answered.

On a hidden camera footage made available to Ahmadiyya Times, Dr Masood is seen reading aloud the translation of a verse from the Holy Qur'ān.
After the two men left, several area clerics arrived at the clinic and started abusing Dr Masood, accusing him of blasphemous acts.

Old Anarkali police also arrived at the scene and arrested Dr Masood.

Police took the Ahmadi doctor to a closely located police station where a mob of local area clerics and religious thugs started to gather outside the police station demanding filing of blasphemy charges against the doctor.

Giving into mob’s demands police launched FIR 675/13, charging Dr Masood with Blasphemy under section 298-C of the Pakistan Criminal Code, the Ahmadiyya-specific part of the blasphemy laws.

During the late night hours police cut locks at Dr Masood’s clinic and hauled away materials, it was further learned.

Reportedly clerics and police relied on the hidden camera footage to level blasphemy accusation against the Ahmadī doctor.

According to the laws of Pakistan it is a criminal act for an Ahmadī to read the Holy Qur'ān or act in a manner that may be perceived as the Ahmadī is 'posing as a Muslim.'

In several past incidents of instigating people against Ahmadis and framing or filing of blasphemy charges, one Hasan Muavia, a Khatm-e Nubuwwat activist and a close relative of Mullah Tahir Ashrafi, chairman of Pakistan's clerics council, has been at the forefront.

Thus far, however, there is no confirmation if Hasan Muavia or Tahir Ashrafi are involved in instigating this incident against Dr Masood.

Ahmadiyya Times: Pakistan: A British national Ahmadī doctor arrested, booked on blasphemy by Lahore police

So Pakistani muslims get happy when Amitabh bachan read the Holy Qur'an but angry when an Ahmadi reads it. Zaid Hamid type logic...

Let's not forget this Ahmadi was serving the nation by returning to Pakistan, he could have easily lived in UK in comfort. Proves Ahmadis still love Pakistan.

Are not you the same guy who posted a fake news about a Marzai killed in Township Lahore?
Kindly post the news of this link from any newspaper of Pakistan, not some Ahmedya Times? I am seriously in the doubt about the authenticity of this news too.
You were unable to provide the source of that news then and you will be failed again now.

Stop spreading false propaganda about Pakistan.

Whether you like it or not. According to the law of Pakistan passed by our National Assembly, you people are not Muslims and by law if you deceive others by proclaiming urself muslim or use muslims terms for yourself, then you are committing a crime.

So its better for you to abide the law of the land, otherwise Supreme court and National assembly is open for you, go there and change the law.

Message For Indians here coming to feast over a shit thrown at my motherland by an asshole:

Apnay kaam se kaam rakho, we have not asked you ever about your controversial laws like slaughter ban on cow or declaring sikhs as hindu or whatever. So no need to question our laws.

Reactions: HRK

Why not let Mr. God be the judge of who is muslim or not? Becoming a dharam ka thekedaar is an @$$hole kinda thing

Are not you the same guy who posted a fake news about a Marzai killed in Township Lahore?
Kindly post the news of this link from any newspaper of Pakistan, not some Ahmedya Times? I am seriously in the doubt about the authenticity of this news too.
You were unable to provide the source of that news then and you will be failed again now.

Stop spreading false propaganda about Pakistan.

Whether you like it or not. According to the law of Pakistan passed by our National Assembly, you people are not Muslims and by law if you deceive others by proclaiming urself muslim or use muslims terms for yourself, then you are committing a crime.

So its better for you to abide the law of the land, otherwise Supreme court and National assembly is open for you, go there and change the law.

Message For Indians here coming to feast over a shit thrown at my motherland by an asshole:

Apnay kaam se kaam rakho, we have not asked you ever about your controversial laws like slaughter ban on cow or declaring sikhs as hindu or whatever. So no need to question our laws.

I have never posted any fake news, you were obviously high on hukkah when you had a vision of me posting such things. It's not your Pakistan, you people got Pakistan thanks to ahmadis, be more grateful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom