What's new

Elderly Ahmadi man arrested for reading the Holy Qur'an

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you say that its up to Allah to decide who is a Muslim, then why this law and violence against ahmadis....strange pakistani logic indeed.

I see no problem with reading the Quran? What possible problem or under what law was this arrest undertaken?This problem however seems to be based on the Dr's translation of a verse from the Quran and it depends on what he said was the translation.

However, this is from the Qadiani times so unless a similar report available from the local papers it will be difficult to verify what unjust act was carried out?

Again, Blasphemey constitutes an open rejection or preaching against Prophet Mohammad being the Seal of the Prophets...i.e. the end. Any one proclaiming to be so after that is Kazzab(a liar) and hence must be arrested, his followers arrested and neutralized. If there is ample proof that the good Dr was violating the aforementioned then only is legal action to be taken against him. Reading the Quran for him is NOT a violation unless it preaches against the aforementioned.

When you say that its up to Allah to decide who is a Muslim, then why this law and violence against ahmadis....strange pakistani logic indeed.

Allah has clearly laid down rules in Quran for being a Muslim.

Now its up to Allah to decide who is a good Muslim or bad Muslim.

But for being a simple Muslim you have to take oath according to Quran of accepting the finality of the Prophethood.

Simple as that

Indian onions are rotten from inside, seriously.

Its fresh when its plucked, used in many dishes that has been eaten a plenty by that cricketer turned political dramatist guy while in India.

Maybe you only know the rotten ones coz it arrives there after the long time after been taken from farms.

The law is against all who deny the finality of the Prophet Mohammad as the last messenger..

Its fresh when its plucked, used in many dishes that has been eaten a plenty by that cricketer turned political dramatist guy while in India.

Maybe you only know the rotten ones coz it arrives there after the long time after been taken from farms.

Heard they had gotten unbelievably expensive recently.

Ahmadiyya Times | News Watch | Int'l Desk
Source/Credit: Ahmadiyya Times sources
By Staff report | November 26, 2013

An Ahmadi doctor is arrested and held on blasphemy charges in Old Anarkali area of Lahore, it has been reported.

Dr. Masood, a British national, was attending clients at his clinic on Monday, November 25th, when two men posing as patients arrived at the clinic seeking treatment, local sources have informed Ahmadiyya Times.

According to the details, after medications were dispensed to the two men, they stayed to ask certain religious question which Dr Masood supposedly answered.

On a hidden camera footage made available to Ahmadiyya Times, Dr Masood is seen reading aloud the translation of a verse from the Holy Qur'ān.
After the two men left, several area clerics arrived at the clinic and started abusing Dr Masood, accusing him of blasphemous acts.

Old Anarkali police also arrived at the scene and arrested Dr Masood.

Police took the Ahmadi doctor to a closely located police station where a mob of local area clerics and religious thugs started to gather outside the police station demanding filing of blasphemy charges against the doctor.

Giving into mob’s demands police launched FIR 675/13, charging Dr Masood with Blasphemy under section 298-C of the Pakistan Criminal Code, the Ahmadiyya-specific part of the blasphemy laws.

During the late night hours police cut locks at Dr Masood’s clinic and hauled away materials, it was further learned.

Reportedly clerics and police relied on the hidden camera footage to level blasphemy accusation against the Ahmadī doctor.

According to the laws of Pakistan it is a criminal act for an Ahmadī to read the Holy Qur'ān or act in a manner that may be perceived as the Ahmadī is 'posing as a Muslim.'

In several past incidents of instigating people against Ahmadis and framing or filing of blasphemy charges, one Hasan Muavia, a Khatm-e Nubuwwat activist and a close relative of Mullah Tahir Ashrafi, chairman of Pakistan's clerics council, has been at the forefront.

Thus far, however, there is no confirmation if Hasan Muavia or Tahir Ashrafi are involved in instigating this incident against Dr Masood.

Ahmadiyya Times: Pakistan: A British national Ahmadī doctor arrested, booked on blasphemy by Lahore police

So Pakistani muslims get happy when Amitabh bachan read the Holy Qur'an but angry when an Ahmadi reads it. Zaid Hamid type logic...

Let's not forget this Ahmadi was serving the nation by returning to Pakistan, he could have easily lived in UK in comfort. Proves Ahmadis still love Pakistan.

another propaganda post .....

1- Dear please quote that law which prohibited any person to recite or read Quran .....
2- Why not any other source has reported this news ....

The law is against all who deny the finality of the Prophet Mohammad as the last messenger..

Thats what i am saying, if its upto god to punish then why you take up the mantle....especially on something which doesnt hurt the other person

Allah has clearly laid down rules in Quran for being a Muslim.

Now its up to Allah to decide who is a good Muslim or bad Muslim.

But for being a simple Muslim you have to take oath according to Quran of accepting the finality of the Prophethood.

Simple as that

Agree 100% but if allah is one who will punish then why you guys have this law....let the man at top decide

Thats what i am saying, if its upto god to punish then why you take up the mantle....especially on something which doesnt hurt the other person

Agree 100% but if allah is one who will punish then why you guys have this law....let the man at top decide

I am speaking only about rules and basics and orders of Allah that states who can be a Muslim.

I am not talking about the Pakistani law here. I may have reservations about the punishment or misuse of this law by common people for own interests.

But i firmly believe that anyone who does NOT believe in finality of Prophethood of Muhammad (PBUH), is not a Muslim.

i dont follow mullash. i follow Quran. simple as that.

Quran clearly ends it at Last Prophet Muhammad (PBUH).

qadyanis are not stopped from reading Quran but stopped from using our name.

You cant pose as Spring Onion while you are NOT. i cant pose as exiled Pakistani when i am not.

Simple as that

I suggest you and discuss religion on a religious forum, I can give you more detail if you want, but I feel your statements have less to do with having a formal discussion but more to do with trying hard to derail this thread. Since you know religious discussions are not allowed on PDF, you
another propaganda post .....

1- Dear please quote that law which prohibited any person to recite or read Quran .....
2- Why not any other source has reported this news ....

I posted both in later posts, but since its kafir bashing is a national past time in Pakistan, Ill let you get on with it. Who knows you may just get a free ticket to paradise.

I am speaking only about rules and basics and orders of Allah that states who can be a Muslim.

I am not talking about the Pakistani law here. I may have reservations about the punishment or misuse of this law by common people for own interests.

But i firmly believe that anyone who does NOT believe in finality of Prophethood of Muhammad (PBUH), is not a Muslim.

again derailing the thread, no one cares what you think. You are not God.

Fair enough....i was talking about pakistani law, i think the ahmadis dont care about your perception as long as you dont act on that perception to prosecute them.Here you mean muslims of pakistan

Reading some of the replies is quite amusing, makes you wonder if the mullas have scientifically advance to perform brain removing surgeries and replaced peoples brains with that of pigeons.

Ahmadiyya Times | News Watch | Int'l Desk
Source/Credit: Ahmadiyya Times sources
By Staff report | November 26, 2013

An Ahmadi doctor is arrested and held on blasphemy charges in Old Anarkali area of Lahore, it has been reported.

Dr. Masood, a British national, was attending clients at his clinic on Monday, November 25th, when two men posing as patients arrived at the clinic seeking treatment, local sources have informed Ahmadiyya Times.

According to the details, after medications were dispensed to the two men, they stayed to ask certain religious question which Dr Masood supposedly answered.

On a hidden camera footage made available to Ahmadiyya Times, Dr Masood is seen reading aloud the translation of a verse from the Holy Qur'ān.
After the two men left, several area clerics arrived at the clinic and started abusing Dr Masood, accusing him of blasphemous acts.

Old Anarkali police also arrived at the scene and arrested Dr Masood.

Police took the Ahmadi doctor to a closely located police station where a mob of local area clerics and religious thugs started to gather outside the police station demanding filing of blasphemy charges against the doctor.

Giving into mob’s demands police launched FIR 675/13, charging Dr Masood with Blasphemy under section 298-C of the Pakistan Criminal Code, the Ahmadiyya-specific part of the blasphemy laws.

During the late night hours police cut locks at Dr Masood’s clinic and hauled away materials, it was further learned.

Reportedly clerics and police relied on the hidden camera footage to level blasphemy accusation against the Ahmadī doctor.

According to the laws of Pakistan it is a criminal act for an Ahmadī to read the Holy Qur'ān or act in a manner that may be perceived as the Ahmadī is 'posing as a Muslim.'

In several past incidents of instigating people against Ahmadis and framing or filing of blasphemy charges, one Hasan Muavia, a Khatm-e Nubuwwat activist and a close relative of Mullah Tahir Ashrafi, chairman of Pakistan's clerics council, has been at the forefront.

Thus far, however, there is no confirmation if Hasan Muavia or Tahir Ashrafi are involved in instigating this incident against Dr Masood.

Ahmadiyya Times: Pakistan: A British national Ahmadī doctor arrested, booked on blasphemy by Lahore police

So Pakistani muslims get happy when Amitabh bachan read the Holy Qur'an but angry when an Ahmadi reads it. Zaid Hamid type logic...

Let's not forget this Ahmadi was serving the nation by returning to Pakistan, he could have easily lived in UK in comfort. Proves Ahmadis still love Pakistan.

This story has been twisted obviously by Ahmadiyya Times.

It was probably not the recitation of Quran but the Ahmadi doctor's interpretation of the verses of Quran that caused the ruckus.

I have had Ahmadi friends who twist the words of Quran where the words Khatim un nabi are mentioned they try to tell you that it does not mean " Finality of Prophethood " but the word Khatim means a " Seal " and so holy Prophet was only a seal and not the last Prophet. such interpretation runs smack into Muslim belief of Prophet Muhammad being last Prophet.

BTW, I am against persecution of Ahmadis but seems like this Doctor was bent upon making trouble just as much as the two clerics who gave him bait and trapped him. The best thing for Ahmadis in Pakistan is not to have religious debates with Public. Under the present circumstances it is asking for trouble.

I suggest you and discuss religion on a religious forum, I can give you more detail if you want, but I feel your statements have less to do with having a formal discussion but more to do with trying hard to derail this thread. Since you know religious discussions are not allowed on PDF, you

again derailing the thread, no one cares what you think. You are not God.

what formal discussion you want?

1. I and other Pakistani Muslims condemned this incident.

2. We also discussed the what could be motives behind such entrapping of the said qadyani doctor.

3. Since you being a qadyani brought Muslim Vs qadyani thing so its our right to tell what Quran says and what lies you are adding up.

4. Karachi sees daily killing of Muslims in target killings but if a qadyani is killed in one such incident you start playing victim card.

5. I am not saying it but Quran says it. for being a Muslim you have to accept finality of prophethood otherwise you are not a Muslim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom