What's new

Eid ul Adha Mubarak post your Qurbani (Animal) Pics 2015

IMG-20150923-WA0007.jpg

IMG-20150923-WA0009.jpg

The boy is my nephew

We are the leading exporter of carabeef. Which is buffalo meat. Water buffalo. The black cow looking thing. Bhains, if that makes it easier for you to understand?

Back on topic, bullocks and oxen are castrated bulls. They grow larger and stronger (and less temperamental and aggressive). Slaughtering them therefore is not going to make a difference to the gene pool.

But if you start slaughtering bulls, soon aside from artificial insemination and restrictive bloodlines (in-breeding), you will not have enough bulls to cover all cows adequately.

Hence my question.

I think you should stick to the topic of this thread and share any pictures of your cows that you or your neighbors want to slaughter this Eid.

Why Cow is considered holy and Buffalo not, I don't want to get into that discussion. Both provide us with milk (Buffalo milk is preferred in the sub-continent). So I don't want to understand the logic behind allowing this gentle beast to be slaughtered but cows not.

And similarly, why artificial insemination is preferred world wide for dairy farms etc and its benefits, is a topic for another thread.

I think you should stick to the topic of this thread and share any pictures of your cows that you or your neighbors want to slaughter this Eid.

Why Cow is considered holy and Buffalo not, I don't want to get into that discussion. Both provide us with milk (Buffalo milk is preferred in the sub-continent). So I don't want to understand the logic behind allowing this gentle beast to be slaughtered but cows not.

And similarly, why artificial insemination is preferred world wide for dairy farms etc and its benefits, is a topic for another thread.

I appreciate the change in the tone and tenor of your posts.

A welcome move up the ladder.

The disturbing and graphic visuals have been reported.

Sometimes I doubt if you are a Parsi or a baniya, may be living amongst them made you one :rolleyes:

@SarthakGanguly So don't act naive and try to promote something, not everyone is an idiot Sarthak, he should know it he is already 45 or something. Anyhow long time no see, good for us.

Sometimes I doubt if you are a Parsi or a baniya, may be living amongst them made you one :rolleyes:

@SarthakGanguly So don't act naive and try to promote something, not everyone is an idiot Sarthak, he should know it he is already 45 or something. Anyhow long time no see, good for us.

Why would you doubt whether I am a Parsi? Is my word not good enough for you?

I have never personally seen this qurbani thing. Only seen the end result (the degchi of raw meat).

So my question was a valid one, without prejudice.

Btw, what are those huge eared goats called?

Generally there are no restrictions. Everyone is allowed to watch, which is wrong. Kids should not see such scenes.

I wholeheartedly agree with you.

Among Parsis, kids are not even taken to funerals till well into their teens.

I appreciate the change in the tone and tenor of your posts.

A welcome move up the ladder.

Then show the appreciation by sticking to the topic.

Why trying to derail the thread and making it controversial with "between-the-lines" slanders? If you don't like the thread for whatever reason, feel free not to read it.

Don't try to act over-smart, there are dozens others on this forum who are far superior in logic and intelligence. Don't like the thread, don't read it. And we both know, that you hate this thread!

Why trying to derail the thread and making it controversial with "between-the-lines" slanders? If you don't like the thread for whatever reason, feel free not to read it.

Don't try to act over-smart, there are dozens others on this forum who are far superior in logic and intelligence. Don't like the thread, don't read it. And we both know, that you hate this thread!

Do you resent an Indian participating in your religious thread?

Especially when they are being civil and asking questions, even contributing (I posted the photo of the Varasyu earlier).

Why would you doubt whether I am a Parsi? Is my word not good enough for you?

I have never personally seen this qurbani thing. Only seen the end result (the degchi of raw meat).

So my question was a valid one, without prejudice.

Btw, what are those huge eared goats called?

A man who is 45 years and lives in a country that has millions of Muslims, who had Muslim childhood friends, come on doc once in a blue moon? even if you don't want to observe it you do it out of curiosity I would have.

Which huge ears goats?

A man who is 45 years and lives in a country that has millions of Muslims, who had Muslim childhood friends, come on doc once in a blue moon? even if you don't want to observe it you do it out of curiosity I would have.

Which huge ears goats?

Imran my friend, I swear I have never once seen a qurbani. Does that satisfy you?

And my Muslim friends not once invited me to witness it either.

Its not the "done" thing here. You will have to take that at face value.

The goat with Zarvan's cute nephew?

Do you resent an Indian participating in your religious thread?

Especially when they are being civil and asking questions, even contributing (I posted the photo of the Varasyu earlier).

I'll re-post what I wrote earlier, with parts highlighted and made bold so that you could read them better in second attempt:

Imran my friend, I swear I have never once seen a qurbani. Does that satisfy you?

And my Muslim friends not once invited me to witness it either.

Its not the "done" thing here. You will have to take that at face value.

The goat with Zarvan's cute nephew?

Okay, then see one this time?

I don't know the exact desi name for that lamb or sheep.

Back
Top Bottom