What's new

Egyptian negotiations during the PAS2019 exhibition to contract JF17 fighter jets with the transfer

Comparison of JF17 and F35 is illogical. If EAF wants a counter to F35 they should look for Su57 or FC31.

Meanwhile i have a few questions that might help some people understand.

How many F35s will be enough to take out entire F16A, C and Ds fleet of EAF? just wondering...

With reliable data, will JF17 block 3s be better than the best F16s EAF has?

Do Egypt has AWACS? Can they be data-linked to thunders?

I doubt the AESA radar on the JF-17 could detect the F-35 until 10km. It is made to detect 3m2 RCS targets, and not 0.0001m2 RCS targets. Thr F-35 AESA would kill the JF-17 before it knew the F-35 was in the air, if you can't get a lock with a PL-15 you cant use it. Also, if there is a pair of F-35s one can use the radar as a radar jammer while the other uses it as a radar.
I don't believe in myths.. 0.0001m2

Comparison of JF17 and F35 is illogical. If EAF wants a counter to F35 they should look for Su57 or FC31.

Meanwhile i have a few questions that might help some people understand.

How many F35s will be enough to take out entire F16A, C and Ds fleet of EAF? just wondering...

With reliable data, will JF17 block 3s be better than the best F16s EAF has?

Do Egypt has AWACS? Can they be data-linked to thunders?
Not only Su-57 in the pipe line , Rafale is good enough for now.

Yes Egypt has link 16 too..

Great news. Hope it happens. JF-17 meets the tactical needs of many Arab nations pretty well in my opinion. TOT and local production is not an issue. Arab nations should focus on developing regional defense industries as well as connections to Chinese defense companies. It always good to have options.

Last edited:
They said 3 sq off the shelf and then start production.. so here you go..

Egypt needs to replace its old light fighters too..J-7,F-5...etc, hence the interest in the JF-17.. for Medium and heavy fighters, Egypt can buy more Rafale, Mig-35 and SU-35..
Nigeria also ordered a similar figure tot wasnt offered to them somehow I doubt it lets wait and see

Why not, If Egypt could buy the whole Rafale why not some French avionics.. in any case Chinese avionics are very good now..and that according to US military experts..

Actually if the deal goes through, Egypt will make its own version with some modifications to suite its needs..And if Egypt manufactures the JF-17 III the cost will drop to about $20 million.. So it will be a very good deal for Egypt..
but apparently all the members belonging to Egypt don't seem so interested.
We're the ones who are claiming its a good deal for them but they don't seem so enthusiastic about it.

The 3 planes they ordered were for testing their real order was of multiple squadrons
Good, but just a few squadrons are not enough to get TOT..Production under licence is like sales too..So if Egypt intends to make 150 JF-17 it is also going to buy some components from China..Hence TOT will be provided..

Good, but just a few squadrons are not enough to get TOT..Production under licence is like sales too..So if Egypt intends to make 150 JF-17 it is also going to buy some components from China..Hence TOT will be provided..
Lets see how it goes still not 100% confirmed

but apparently all the members belonging to Egypt don't seem so interested.
We're the ones who are claiming its a good deal for them but they don't seem so enthusiastic about it.
Egypt as per experts are going in wrong direction buying different jets like MIG 35, rafale and if jf17 is going to be maintenance nightmare. They in the start should have gone for only one platform giving them jf17 in my opinion stupid since they will waste them like in 67 and Israels will get their hands on it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom