What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

صورة تجمع أحدث فرقاطات البحرية المصرية

What was mentioned in the report of the Italian Parliament,. knowing that this is the delivery of the year 2020 and has nothing to do with the delivery this year:

12 Aster 15 + 12 Aster 30 + 8 automat block 4 .. and there are systems for reconnaissance drones and drones to detect faults, as well as drones to detect faults in the submersible part.. and the EW SIGEN NEWIS MK7 system ( A mysterious system!).. It migh be rather the VIRGILIUS system..

https://www.elt-roma.com/product/virgilius

* VIRGILIUS: developed to keep up with growingly complex and compact electronic warfare solutions, Virgilius is an integrated system that includes all the main EW functions in a single rack: ESM, ELINT, ECM and EWM coexist in the same compact case. It is capable of managing various alert, surveillance and jamming functions, ran by a software that allocates the resources dynamically, according to prearranged needs and priorities. Virgilius marks the beginning of a new era in EW.

VIRGILIUS

Egypt has acquired a number of Aster-30 long-range air defense missiles from Italy's stockpile quickly until a new missile deal is prepared for the Egyptian Navy that will soon be manufactured by the European missile company MBDA..

For those who think it is a small number of missiles..know that, Aster 30 is currently on a demand from France and Italy bigger than the production capacity..Obtaining it as it appears in the 2019 report means negotiating prowess and fast delivery..

There is an additional Berghamini deal, meaning there is much more ammunition coming..
The Berghamini has only 16 A-50 cells , which means it can only carry 16 missiles, So it is normal to receive the missiles in these numbers (most likely for the First Berghamini Frigate.. 8 Aster 30 and 8 Aster 15.. that leaves an extra 4 of each).. maybe the same for the second Berghamini..until the big ammunition deal starts..

And you forgot to mention too the Volcano land attack missiles that Egypt ordered for the Volcano gun onboard the ships. Egypts has apparently ordered a significant number of these missiles. They have a range of 120km and have the ability to attack land targets.

And you forgot to mention too the Volcano land attack missiles that Egypt ordered for the Volcano gun onboard the ships. Egypts has apparently ordered a significant number of these missiles. They have a range of 120km and have the ability to attack land targets.
What is volcano land attack missile? I didn't find that in internet

@PakSword , to reply to your post from the Israelis murdering thread about Pakistani pilots coming to Egypt in 1973 after the October War cease fire at the behest of not derailing @Falcon29 's request to keep the off-topic stuff out, so we can easily talk about it here.

I wanted to tell you I wasn't requesting proof whatsoever. I think that was your impression. There is MONUMENTAL information regarding that war from Arabic sources and I've read practically every single source (even Israeli and not just western) and there is too much Arabic/Egyptian sources to keep up with but I've been through A LOT of it in my 55 years (well, I didn't start since I popped out into this world LOL) but not once did I hear of Pakistani jets arriving after the cease fire, but if you can get a picture, it would be GREAT to add to my collection. That's what I was asking

But out of all those sources I've tirelessly went through, the only one I find to be the most credible is the book written buy Sa'ad Edin El Shazly. In case you weren't aware of who he is, he was the Egyptian Chief of Staff during the war and organized it from the impeccable crossing after the artillery barrage & after the 200 MiG-21,Su-7 airstrike all the way until the Israeli first breach to the west bank. He even had a plan to counter them easily with Sagger units but Sadat wouldn't accept his plan because it called for the withdrawal of several ATGM Sagger units from the east that has already crossed and they would easily ambush the Israelis before they build up their forces. But Sadat was afraid it would ruin the incredible morale the soldiers felt up to that point. The WORST mistake Sadat made in that war among a few others brutal ones. That's when Sadat started butting heads with shazly and subsequently fired him.

He wrote his book The Crossing of the Suez Canal with the most accurate information from all the tank counts to armored vehicles to infantry units and especially a list of the allies who came to assist Egypt without our request just from their super ally-ship and in nowhere did he mention any 8 Pakistani forces in Egypt. My guess is your information is probably accurate to a certain extent in that was the plan for 8 to go to Syria and 8 to Egypt but when they learned of the cease fire, they never went. That was why I asked for a photo because I have a pretty good library of that war and that would be quite an addition to it, not to be argumentative. Hope that clarifies thing.

:D BTW, as well as the EAF pilots flying MiG-21s and MiG-17s and Su-7s against Phantoms F-4EII, Mirage BVs (excuse me, Neshers lmao) and skyhakws, the EAF performed admirably but according to Shazly, the best jet fighters who caused the most fright to the IAF were the Iraqis in their Hawker Hunters. They flew right over Israelis to protect the canal without a care. So just a pic to add to my collection and I will review the section in Shazlys book in case I missed a mention of Pakistani offer to help and let you know. I doubt it, though. :D

Sadly, the most unfortunately mistreated war hero! If it wasn't for Shazly, that crossing and Israeli counter getting smashed to smithereens including the surprise SAM umbrella he designed downing of over 100 Israeli jets would've never happened without him. He was a brilliant military man amongst the top ten ever IMO and the only to stand up to Sadat unlike Muabark and Ismail and Abu Ghazala etc. He paid a heavy price. How often do you get a good-looking stud who's militarily brilliant?

View attachment 744125View attachment 744126
View attachment 744127

The men loved him and cherished him which might have led to a little envy from Sadat's side, unfortunately since his ego was beyond description and wanted all the credit which Shazly already had without even wanting it. After being mobbed by soldiers wanting to hug him for one of the most successful plan of attacks and Sadat's obvious loss of admiration, he had a pair of gorilla body guards who actually had their AKs pointed constantly wherever they followed him.

View attachment 744130

Shazly to Sadat's right of Sadat who ala Hitler style (whom he was a huge fan for his military strategies not the Jews burning in ovens) with the huge map and the delusional military planning that caused so much destruction to the 4th armored division and the gap Israel exploited and not listening to his best general, Shazly, who you can see it on his face thinking "this guy is out of his mind!" lol

View attachment 744138

Nothing is in open, however, I will summarize in points for your understanding. Why I know? Because my father's friend was part of that unofficial mission.

- PAF didn't send any of its jets
- The mission had to be kept hidden, so in official books of PAF, 16 pilots "volunteered" who were taken to the Syria and Egypt on an airforce transport plane.
- When they reached Syria, 8 had to fly Syrian jets, while 8 had to move on to Egypt, now I don't remember, and not sure, whether they reached Egypt before a ceasefire between Egypt/ Israel was agreed, or before they left Syria.
- Those 8 pilots, who had to fly Egyptian jets, later carried out operations from Syria.
- There were many undertakings signed by the pilots, both from Pakistan government, and from Syrian government, that cleared out things that in case of martyrdom or they are made PoW, what they should and shouldn't expect, and what their stance should be during interrogation.
- PAF pilots were requested because of their far superior quality and training, and their previous war experience against a much larger enemy

I tried to find an interview taken by one of our journalist for the first time of a PAF pilot who took part in that 1973 war.. Just found that.. but you can't understand that because it's in Urdu and there are no subtitles. The points mentioned above can be verified from this video... I knew about that even before.. I even know the kill score between Pakistanis and Israelis... it's more than 10 Vs ZERO.

And various PAF pilots were deputed in early 70s to Egypt..

According to the words of the pilots who worked with Arabs, Arabs are very brave/ courageous, but they require a little bit of advanced training.. that an army in a continuous war only can achieve.

PAF has a score against Russian, Indian, Afghan Air Forces. PAF engaged Indians in 60s, Indians and Israelis in 70s, Afghans and Russians in 80s, again Indians in 90s (though only defensive sorties during Kargil skirmish), throughout 2000s and first part of 2010s against TTP terrorists, 2019 again against India.

I don't want to take away any credit from Arabs against Israel, but can't give even due credit to PAF because it's all unofficial.

Last edited:
What is volcano land attack missile? I didn't find that in internet
Volcano munition for the gun system on board the Fremm..

Vulcano Precision-Guided Munitions

https://www.baesystems.com/en/product/vulcano-precision-guided-munitions
It was mentioned in my previous post..

WNIT_5-64_LW_Carlo_Bergamini_pic.jpg

Last edited:
Diehl-Defence-Vulcano.jpg

https://www.baesystems.com/en/product/vulcano-precision-guided-munitions
Nothing is in open, however, I will summarize in points for your understanding. Why I know? Because my father's friend was part of that unofficial mission.

- PAF didn't send any of its jets
- The mission had to be kept hidden, so in official books of PAF, 16 pilots "volunteered" who were taken to the Syria and Egypt on an airforce transport plane.
- When they reached Syria, 8 had to fly Syrian jets, while 8 had to move on to Egypt, now I don't remember, and not sure, whether they reached Egypt before a ceasefire between Egypt/ Israel was agreed, or before they left Syria.
- Those 8 pilots, who had to fly Egyptian jets, later carried out operations from Syria.
- There were many undertakings signed by the pilots, both from Pakistan government, and from Syrian government, that cleared out things that in case of martyrdom or they are made PoW, what they should and shouldn't expect, and what their stance should be during interrogation.
- PAF pilots were requested because of their far superior quality and training, and their previous war experience against a much larger enemy

I tried to find an interview taken by one of our journalist for the first time of a PAF pilot who took part in that 1973 war.. Just found that.. but you can't understand that because it's in Urdu and there are no subtitles. The points mentioned above can be verified from this video... I knew about that even before.. I even know the kill score between Pakistanis and Israelis... it's more than 10 Vs ZERO.

According to the words of the pilots who worked with Arabs, Arabs are very brave/ courageous, but they require a little bit of advanced training.. that an army in a continuous war only can achieve.

PAF has a score against Russian, Indian, Afghan Air Forces. PAF engaged Indians in 60s, Indians and Israelis in 70s, Afghans and Russians in 80s, again Indians in 90s (though only defensive sorties during Kargil skirmish), throughout 2000s and first part of 2010s against TTP terrorists, 2019 again against India.

I don't want to take away any credit from Arabs against Israel, but can't give even due credit to PAF because it's all unofficial.
The Pakistani Plots were in Egypt in 1970..

Brigadier Pilot Jalal Al-Bassili, 26th Fighter Squadron said:

" We learned a lot from the Pakistanis, and one of the most important things we learned is that speed can become zero and you can move the plane with the pedals. It was the first time in my life that I learned this kind of flying. The Pakistanis were here at Inshas Airport, so we called Ahmed Zaidan the Pakistani because of his abundant presence with them and their level was very high and skilled."

@PakSword
Perhaps I can help with my Knowledge;
In early 1970s Libya sign a deal with France for buying two squadrons of Mirage V. One squadron was composed of Egyptians and the other was composed of Libyans. Upon completing training in France they carried out further exercises over Libya and Western Egypt in which Pakistanis took part in. Most Egyptian Mirage V pilots were converting from Su-7s and aided by the Pakistanis during the process. They would later on carry out small but daring missions in 1973 but would suffer losses (4-5 fighter) and no Pakistani or Libyan units took part. It’s worth noting that France didn’t supply Libya with A-A missiles hence the Egyptians flew into combat without them.

The Pakistani Plots were in Egypt in 1970..

Brigadier Pilot Jalal Al-Bassili, 26th Fighter Squadron:

" We learned a lot from the Pakistanis, and one of the most important things we learned is that speed can become zero and you can move the plane with the pedals. It was the first time in my life that I learned this kind of flying. The Pakistanis were here at Inshas Airport, so we called Ahmed Zaidan the Pakistani because of his abundant presence with them and their level was very high and skilled."

=============================================================
Apart from Shazly's book.. these are some of the most interesting books about the subject

Major General Jamal Hammad in his high-level book "The War Battles on the Egyptian Front"

Muhammad Hassanein Heikal in his book "October, Weapons and Politics"

Field Marshal Al Jemsi ..the third man in command of the Egyptian army in His diary said:

" I whisper in the ears of El-Shazly with all cordiality and respect and tell him that the October 1973 war plan was drawn up after the work on it took a long time by the Armed Forces Operations Authority and the participation of the main branches of these forces - air, sea and air defense - and the various departments and leaders, and General Shazlyi, Chief of Staff, approved it along with General Ahmed Ismail, the Commander in Chief, certified it - by each signing the documents with my signature - long before the war. As long as the plan was drawn up to achieve a military strategic goal, which is to reach the straits, it is not acceptable for the chief of staff to say that he was against developing the attack to the straits in the planning stage."

" The Commander-in-Chief, Lieutenant General Ahmed Ismail, was more careful than he should ... and slowed down, which called him to wait for a long time from 10 to 13 October. If we missed the opportunity (here al-Jamsi indicates that Ahmed Ismail complied with Sadat’s desire to develop the attack on October 14 ... that is, Ahmed Ismail refused to venture on October 9 and 10 where he should have ... but he accepted the adventure on October 14. "

Major General Al-Jamsi added that he held two long interviews with Lieutenant General Ahmed Ismail on October 9, in which he discussed the need to develop the attack and continue to exert pressure on the Israeli forces. He found him very careful, as he used to see Ahmed Ismail to wait for the enemy to suffer the greatest possible losses, and he thought that the forces that attack would be exposed to Israeli air attacks. ... But Al-Jamsi explained that the resumption of the Egyptian forces' advance means their cohesion with the Israeli forces, which leads to the neutralization of the Israeli air force, in addition to the fact that the Egyptian air force can be used against the Israeli air force, even if in a limited way, in addition to moving Agile air defense units .

Al-Gamasy added that the Egyptian forces' retaining the initiative and exploiting the success achieved gives the Egyptian forces the opportunity to successfully achieve the strategic goal, while the long wait without any action allows the Israeli forces to adjust their situation and extract the initiative from the Egyptian forces.

From the above it is clear that the principle of developing the attack is not a mistake in general ... Rather, its success was dependent on the appropriate timing, which was not heard from Lieutenant General Chazli, and this is the opinion of Field Marshal Al-Jamsi one of the greatest Egyptian military genius..

===========================================================

October 12 was the beginning of the arrival of the hurricane of US supplies in Operation Nickel Grass, or the American airlift, which compensated for almost all of Israel's losses in tanks in its early days, other than the arrival of new batches of TOW anti-tank missiles, and thus the Israeli forces were in a much better position (they collected about 3 Armored divisions, the equivalent of about 900 tanks ... and the number will escalate later to about 1200 tanks) to the point that the Israeli political and military leadership were discussing, on the days of 12 and 13 October, the way to deal a strong blow to the Egyptian forces with which they could balance matters on the ground before the ceasefire (note They almost gave up the idea of destroying the bridgeheads due to the repeated failure of the Israeli attacks on them ..... and the mere abandonment by Israel of the idea of destroying the bridgeheads is nothing but an implicit recognition of the success of the Egyptian crossing)

Also, Henry Kissinger, who was controlling everything in the USA at the time as a result of Nixon's drowning in the Watergate scandal, wanted to deliver a message to the world through the American airlift to the Israelis that the American support for Israel is unlimited and that the USA will not allow Israel to lose,.
As General David Ben Eliezer, the Israeli Chief of Staff, said:
"If the American weapons did not reach us on October 12, then the only meaning of this was that the great disaster had occurred, because we had completely lost the strategic stockpile of weapons, and this meant that Egypt and Syria could reach further than could any Israeli imagine. "

He continued:
"The USA has agreed to our demands to send advanced types of smart missiles and bombs, guidance networks, and TV jammers, And it has already started shipping them to us ... and has sent American experts with it to take over the task of rapid training for our forces ... and it arrived to us hours before noon on October 11th with 70 New Phantoms and Skyhawks aircraft arriving on the same day."

This volume of supplies was reflected in the battle, as Field Marshal Muhammad Ali Fahmy, commander of the Egyptian Air Defense, said in his memoirs:

"The events came to confirm that the Egyptian forces are facing yhe USA, not Israel, As it may be noticed a sudden surge in the size and density of the hostile air forces, starting from October 14, and a change has also been observed in the anti-radars and missile guidance stations electronic warfare systems "

Thanks, bro. We were mostly discussing the October war and a possible 8 Pakistani pilots arriving to assist Egypt but the cease fire had been signed. Your referring to the 1970 end of the war of attrition cease fire and besides that, I've read those books and I find a lot of unreliable and unverified information in them that only shows more support to the way Sadat handled the situation. I'll have to respectfully disagree that Shazly is truly the only one who was aware of all the events and the counts down to the amount of ammunition. He spoke up and that's what got him in trouble. Gamassy and company were also very loyal to Sadat and reading their stuff is nothing like Shazly to be perfectly honest with you. But thanks for jumping in. I was just looking for any pics of Pakistani pilots with Egyptian ones or in Egyptian MiGs in 1973, which we were discussion. But 1970 was a totally different story we don't need to confuse the two. However, pics of that would be even great.

Ok, thanks for that clarification as it started out quite negatively on your part, good sir, calling the great country of Egypt at that time a rather tough name to sit idly by without at respectful response.

I can certain see that you made the mistake of the date and peace treaty. So it was 1970 and it was the cease fire. That's fine and I hope we can show the same respect towards each other's countries as we move along. Many members here are just young, testosterone-filled individual who actually don't have any idea of the history of the Arab/Israeli conflict and insult the president (which is fine, I have no problem with that) and just want to see war war war and insult the Arabs whom are trying to diplomatically bring this terrible conflict to an end, but the misinformation and the pushing of not doing anything militarily just shows the complete lack of understanding of the entire geopolitical situation, but also the peace treaty.

Egypt suffered GREATLY in these wars and it's success in 1973 is laughed at by many here but they don't understand this was only 6 years after the disaster of 1967. So I can only aske that mods like yourself contain the insulting of any Arab nation in the neighborhood because of the current situation in Ghaza which has emotions risen at a very high level. Salaam.
New picture of an Egyptian MiG-29M/35.

1621180165347.png

Another source announcing the Aster 15 and 30 for the Berghamini frigates in support of @The SC 's.

1621187953396.png

1621187970550.png

Translating the tweet from Arabic to English.

The documents presented to the Italian Parliament were revealed
Flag of Italy
Egypt is
Flag of Egypt
It recently purchased smart guided air defense missiles and ammunition: - Aster 30 - Aster 15 - Vulcano • The new missiles will be integrated on the new Egyptian Bergamini FREMM frigates • The Bergamini is one of the best ships in the region.

الدفاع العربي Defense Arab on Twitter: "• كشفت الوثائق المقدمة إلى البرلمان الإيطالي 🇮🇹 أن مصر 🇪🇬 اشترت مؤخرًا صواريخ دفاع جوي ذكية موجهة وذخائر من طراز : - Aster 30 - Aster 15 - Vulcano • سيتم دمج الصواريخ الجديدة على الفرقاطات المصرية الجديدة من طراز Bergamini FREMM • تعد Bergamini واحده من افضل السفن بالمنطقة https://t.co/zn4t77buJo" / Twitter

Yinon Magal a politician and former Knesset member who currently works as a journalist:

"We are reaping the fruits of letting Egypt update its arsenal of weapons over the past years. Egypt has become the dominant power in the region, Israel faces an existential threat now. "

Yinon Magal a politician and former Knesset member who currently works as a journalist:

"We are reaping the fruits of letting Egypt update its arsenal of weapons over the past years. Egypt has become the dominant power in the region, Israel faces an existential threat now. "

And he used the wrong words, too lol. Reaping the fruits is achieving something good which is clearly not what his point it. He should've said "we are reaping what we sowed". Egypt is the one reaping the fruits of modernizing its arsenal.

* Just like the F-35 projects for future warfare.. France too is studying future “loyal wingman” swarm control applications that might be developed and tested for Rafale ahead of an application for the next generation future combat air system (FCAS).

Here is some reaping the fruits..:-):-)

President Abdel Fattah El-Sisi received today, Eric Trappier, CEO of "Dassault" Air Industries, which manufactures Rafale warplanes, at his residence in Paris.

Ambassador Bassam Rady, the official spokesman for the Presidency of the Republic, stated that the President affirmed Egypt's pride in the extended and fruitful cooperation with the "Dassault" company, which reflects the depth of defense cooperation between the two friendly countries, Egypt and France, especially in light of the addition of the military systems produced by the French company to the capabilities of the Egyptian Armed Forces.

https://www.youm7.com/story/2021/5/16/الرئيس-السيسي-يستقبل-الرئيس-التنفيذي-لشركة-داسو-المصنعة-لطائرات-الرافال/5322289

Last edited:
Here is some reaping the fruits..:-):-)

You know what's funny? Ever since the Rafale was introduced and they scraped the Mirage 4000 proptptye which at the time I thought would be the next Mirage with 2 engines and a simpler form of the close-coupled canards and then I saw what I though was this atrocity (at the time, mind you), I was so bummed out! How could Dassault get red of this spectacular feat of engineering.....

1621208329316.png

1621208524731.png

And replace it with this disaster!!!???

1621208653494.png

The worst part for me aesthetically was the grove they made in the forward side fuesleage to allow airflow into the intakes. It lookes like an design and engineering mistake.

1621208874254.png

Obviously i wasn't the only one since one production of this "then" ugly aircraft compared to the exquisite Mirage 4000 didn't attract any customers for what, close to 20 years of its existence? I figured that was the end of Dassault.

Then they went into high=tech mode to make the aircraft attractive from a military standpoint which was SPECTRA and EW with cockpit fusion and HMDS and decoys and many other things but the price was still too high.

Then is 2007, this pic came out as a rumor that France was pitching the Rafale to Egypt and all of a sudden, our eyes popped out.

1621209294673.png

All of a sudden our interests had peaked. But then the Indian MRCA started and it was such a big deal which made it ebven more surprising that they chose the Rafale out of all the incredible aircraft competing including the latest F-16, F-18, Gripen (which we thought would be the winner) and the MiG-35. But then it was at least 8 years later and we come to find out that Egypt has been the first customer of the Rafale and of course when it shows up in Egyptian color, that changed everything! especially the introduction of BVR MICAS and the SCALP and the Metero was a huge part of the change of love affair. 😁

1621209678075.png

Back
Top Bottom