What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

Documents submitted to the Italian Parliament revealed that Egypt has recently purchased Aster 30, Aster 15, Vulcano and Dart smart guided air defense missiles. It is reported that the new ammunition will be integrated into two Bergamini FREMM frigates (Fregata Europea Multi-Missione), therefore, the Egyptian air defense capacity ranks first when compared to the continents of the Middle East and Africa. In the Mediterranean region, it is reported to have reached fourth place after France, Italy and Spain.

https://www.c4defence.com/misirin-y...Jj9NZ7BBhq6r8SXLJ8-Vu5UmcTv9hv2eIpK_kK5vZxGf4

Reported by Egy Army too!

Aster 30
test_image_3-e1438003461433-640x360.jpg

* This is the report:
http://www.senato.it/service/PDF/PD..._XyslcfygQQNncmRJSRYLHJfusFrKnYE-5Nk0UDCs8FpE

Beware it is 700 pages.. 470 first ones concern Egypt..

-----------------

The Aster-30 is capable of intercepting ballistic missiles up to a launch range of 1500 km. meaning medium range..

We are talking about an advanced, comprehensive, integrated air defense against any kind of threats
Therefore, Egypt has moved all the high-value targets to the northwestern strategic direction. El Dabaa nuclear plant, all heavy land, sea and naval bases. Including 3rd July where there will be heavy marine manufacturing..

In this way you don't just have strong air defense systems and a long early warning. You do have a bubble in the Mediterranean, not less than an early warning of 500 km, as a minimum, and a beginning of interception not less than 200 km. and that in case the EN air defense frigates will stand only at 80 km from the Egyptian coast..

Then the EN will have the ability to monitor and detect threats from over 500 km. And the beginning of a clash outside the Egyptian borders by 200 km. This is apart from the air defenses within the Egyptian borders. So now It is easy to understand why this northwestern direction will be the most fully secured strategic direction in Egypt,.

Last edited:
To defend Egypt... to make the Egyptian Policy supported by the “Military Option”.

And let's remember what Richard Norman Pearl said:

Richard Norman Pearl, an American Jewish politician, is considered one of the neoconservative leaders who emerged during the George W. Bush administration and one of the pillars of the "hawks current" in that administration.

He was one of the most important theorists of the US hostile policy towards the Arabs and one of the most prominent advocates for the occupation of Iraq. He said: "Iraq will be the tactical target of the campaign, Saudi Arabia will be the strategic target, and Egypt will be the Grand prize.."

Last edited:
Documents submitted to the Italian Parliament revealed that Egypt has recently purchased Aster 30, Aster 15, Vulcano and Dart smart guided air defense missiles. It is reported that the new ammunition will be integrated into two Bergamini FREMM frigates (Fregata Europea Multi-Missione), therefore, the Egyptian air defense capacity ranks first when compared to the continents of the Middle East and Africa. In the Mediterranean region, it is reported to have reached fourth place after France, Italy and Spain.

https://www.c4defence.com/misirin-y...Jj9NZ7BBhq6r8SXLJ8-Vu5UmcTv9hv2eIpK_kK5vZxGf4

Reported by Egy Army too!

Aster 30
test_image_3-e1438003461433-640x360.jpg

* This is the report:
http://www.senato.it/service/PDF/PD..._XyslcfygQQNncmRJSRYLHJfusFrKnYE-5Nk0UDCs8FpE

Beware it is 700 pages.. 470 first ones concern Egypt..

-----------------

The Aster-30 is capable of intercepting ballistic missiles up to a launch range of 1500 km. meaning medium range..

We are talking about an advanced, comprehensive, integrated air defense against any kind of threats
Therefore, Egypt has moved all the high-value targets to the northwestern strategic direction. El Dabaa nuclear plant, all heavy land, sea and naval bases. Including 3rd July where there will be heavy marine manufacturing..

In this way you don't just have strong air defense systems and a long early warning. You do have a bubble in the Mediterranean, not less than an early warning of 500 km, as a minimum, and a beginning of interception not less than 200 km. and that in case the EN air defense frigates will stand only at 80 km from the Egyptian coast..

Then the EN will have the ability to monitor and detect threats from over 500 km. And the beginning of a clash outside the Egyptian borders by 200 km. This is apart from the air defenses within the Egyptian borders. So now It is easy to understand why this northwestern direction will be the most fully secured strategic direction in Egypt,.
What a perfecto pdfo
I needo more pdfo like thatte from othero countriese
But how I can know which sale is for which country?
I can't find countries in tables

What a perfecto pdfo
I needo more pdfo like thatte from othero countriese
But how I can know which sale is for which country?
I can't find countries in tables
In that case..It is good to use logic sometimes.. the only foreign country that bought a platform from Italy that can fire the Aster-30 in 2020 is Egypt..

Last edited:
In that case..It is good to use logic sometimes.. the only foreign country that bought a platform from Italy that can fire the Aster-30 in 2020 is Egypt..
I didn't knew that so great
Which countries publishing reports like that?
Sipri reports are not include 2021
Surprise for me was Vatican purchase
And sorry if you upset that was not for ridicule just joke

I didn't knew that so great
Which countries publishing reports like that?
Sipri reports are not include 2021
Surprise for me was Vatican purchase

And sorry if you upset that was not for ridicule just joke
These are internal reports for Parliaments.. Most Western country do publish them..

Vatican is a state..

Never upset Bro..

These are internal reports for Parliaments.. Most Western country do publish them..

Vatican is a state..

Never upset Bro..
I know but Vatican have good and enough weapons no need for more or new
Italy was a perfect choice thay have not many major clients so no problems in purchases

Interesting research article

The jamming analysis transmission selection (JATS) sub-system is used in radar systems to detect and avoid the jammed frequencies in the available operating bandwidth during signal transmission and reception. The available time to measure the desired frequency spectrum and select the non-jammed frequency for transmission is very limited. A novel fast time (FAT) technique that measures the channel spectrum, detects the jamming sub-band and selects the non-jammed frequency for radar system transmission in real time is proposed. A JATS sub-system has been designed, simulated, fabricated and implemented based on FAT technique to verify the idea. The novel FAT technique utilizes time-domain analysis instead of the well-known fast fourier transform (FFT) used in conventional JATS sub-systems.https://www.researchgate.net/figure/The-proposed-antenna-a-structure-b-prototype_fig4_348602716

صورة تجمع أحدث فرقاطات البحرية المصرية

What was mentioned in the report of the Italian Parliament,. knowing that this is the delivery of the year 2020 and has nothing to do with the delivery this year:

12 Aster 15 + 12 Aster 30 + 8 automat block 4 .. and there are systems for reconnaissance drones and drones to detect faults, as well as drones to detect faults in the submersible part.. and the EW SIGEN NEWIS MK7 system ( A mysterious system!).. It migh be rather the VIRGILIUS system..

https://www.elt-roma.com/product/virgilius

* VIRGILIUS: developed to keep up with growingly complex and compact electronic warfare solutions, Virgilius is an integrated system that includes all the main EW functions in a single rack: ESM, ELINT, ECM and EWM coexist in the same compact case. It is capable of managing various alert, surveillance and jamming functions, ran by a software that allocates the resources dynamically, according to prearranged needs and priorities. Virgilius marks the beginning of a new era in EW.

VIRGILIUS

Egypt has acquired a number of Aster-30 long-range air defense missiles from Italy's stockpile quickly until a new missile deal is prepared for the Egyptian Navy that will soon be manufactured by the European missile company MBDA..

For those who think it is a small number of missiles..know that, Aster 30 is currently on a demand from France and Italy bigger than the production capacity..Obtaining it as it appears in the 2019 report means negotiating prowess and fast delivery..

There is an additional Berghamini deal, meaning there is much more ammunition coming..
The Berghamini has only 16 A-50 cells , which means it can only carry 16 missiles, So it is normal to receive the missiles in these numbers (most likely for the First Berghamini Frigate.. 8 Aster 30 and 8 Aster 15.. that leaves an extra 4 of each).. maybe the same for the second Berghamini..until the big ammunition deal starts..

Last edited:
@PakSword , to reply to your post from the Israelis murdering thread about Pakistani pilots coming to Egypt in 1973 after the October War cease fire at the behest of not derailing @Falcon29 's request to keep the off-topic stuff out, so we can easily talk about it here.

I wanted to tell you I wasn't requesting proof whatsoever. I think that was your impression. There is MONUMENTAL information regarding that war from Arabic sources and I've read practically every single source (even Israeli and not just western) and there is too much Arabic/Egyptian sources to keep up with but I've been through A LOT of it in my 55 years (well, I didn't start since I popped out into this world LOL) but not once did I hear of Pakistani jets arriving after the cease fire, but if you can get a picture, it would be GREAT to add to my collection. That's what I was asking

But out of all those sources I've tirelessly went through, the only one I find to be the most credible is the book written buy Sa'ad Edin El Shazly. In case you weren't aware of who he is, he was the Egyptian Chief of Staff during the war and organized it from the impeccable crossing after the artillery barrage & after the 200 MiG-21,Su-7 airstrike all the way until the Israeli first breach to the west bank. He even had a plan to counter them easily with Sagger units but Sadat wouldn't accept his plan because it called for the withdrawal of several ATGM Sagger units from the east that has already crossed and they would easily ambush the Israelis before they build up their forces. But Sadat was afraid it would ruin the incredible morale the soldiers felt up to that point. The WORST mistake Sadat made in that war among a few others brutal ones. That's when Sadat started butting heads with shazly and subsequently fired him.

He wrote his book The Crossing of the Suez Canal with the most accurate information from all the tank counts to armored vehicles to infantry units and especially a list of the allies who came to assist Egypt without our request just from their super ally-ship and in nowhere did he mention any 8 Pakistani forces in Egypt. My guess is your information is probably accurate to a certain extent in that was the plan for 8 to go to Syria and 8 to Egypt but when they learned of the cease fire, they never went. That was why I asked for a photo because I have a pretty good library of that war and that would be quite an addition to it, not to be argumentative. Hope that clarifies thing.

:D BTW, as well as the EAF pilots flying MiG-21s and MiG-17s and Su-7s against Phantoms F-4EII, Mirage BVs (excuse me, Neshers lmao) and skyhakws, the EAF performed admirably but according to Shazly, the best jet fighters who caused the most fright to the IAF were the Iraqis in their Hawker Hunters. They flew right over Israelis to protect the canal without a care. So just a pic to add to my collection and I will review the section in Shazlys book in case I missed a mention of Pakistani offer to help and let you know. I doubt it, though. :D

Sadly, the most unfortunately mistreated war hero! If it wasn't for Shazly, that crossing and Israeli counter getting smashed to smithereens including the surprise SAM umbrella he designed downing of over 100 Israeli jets would've never happened without him. He was a brilliant military man amongst the top ten ever IMO and the only to stand up to Sadat unlike Muabark and Ismail and Abu Ghazala etc. He paid a heavy price. How often do you get a good-looking stud who's militarily brilliant?

1621123812991.png
1621123864860.png

1621123903957.png

The men loved him and cherished him which might have led to a little envy from Sadat's side, unfortunately since his ego was beyond description and wanted all the credit which Shazly already had without even wanting it. After being mobbed by soldiers wanting to hug him for one of the most successful plan of attacks and Sadat's obvious loss of admiration, he had a pair of gorilla body guards who actually had their AKs pointed constantly wherever they followed him.

1621124160405.png

Shazly to Sadat's right of Sadat who ala Hitler style (whom he was a huge fan for his military strategies not the Jews burning in ovens) with the huge map and the delusional military planning that caused so much destruction to the 4th armored division and the gap Israel exploited and not listening to his best general, Shazly, who you can see it on his face thinking "this guy is out of his mind!" lol

1621124349135.png

@PakSword , to reply to your post from the Israelis murdering thread about Pakistani pilots coming to Egypt in 1973 after the October War cease fire at the behest of not derailing @Falcon29 's request to keep the off-topic stuff out, so we can easily talk about it here.

I wanted to tell you I wasn't requesting proof whatsoever. I think that was your impression. There is MONUMENTAL information regarding that war from Arabic sources and I've read practically every single source (even Israeli and not just western) and there is too much Arabic/Egyptian sources to keep up with but I've been through A LOT of it in my 55 years (well, I didn't start since I popped out into this world LOL) but not once did I hear of Pakistani jets arriving after the cease fire, but if you can get a picture, it would be GREAT to add to my collection. That's what I was asking

But out of all those sources I've tirelessly went through, the only one I find to be the most credible is the book written buy Sa'ad Edin El Shazly. In case you weren't aware of who he is, he was the Egyptian Chief of Staff during the war and organized it from the impeccable crossing after the artillery barrage & after the 200 MiG-21,Su-7 airstrike all the way until the Israeli first breach to the west bank. He even had a plan to counter them easily with Sagger units but Sadat wouldn't accept his plan because it called for the withdrawal of several ATGM Sagger units from the east that has already crossed and they would easily ambush the Israelis before they build up their forces. But Sadat was afraid it would ruin the incredible morale the soldiers felt up to that point. The WORST mistake Sadat made in that war among a few others brutal ones. That's when Sadat started butting heads with shazly and subsequently fired him.

He wrote his book The Crossing of the Suez Canal with the most accurate information from all the tank counts to armored vehicles to infantry units and especially a list of the allies who came to assist Egypt without our request just from their super ally-ship and in nowhere did he mention any 8 Pakistani forces in Egypt. My guess is your information is probably accurate to a certain extent in that was the plan for 8 to go to Syria and 8 to Egypt but when they learned of the cease fire, they never went. That was why I asked for a photo because I have a pretty good library of that war and that would be quite an addition to it, not to be argumentative. Hope that clarifies thing.

:D BTW, as well as the EAF pilots flying MiG-21s and MiG-17s and Su-7s against Phantoms F-4EII, Mirage BVs (excuse me, Neshers lmao) and skyhakws, the EAF performed admirably but according to Shazly, the best jet fighters who caused the most fright to the IAF were the Iraqis in their Hawker Hunters. They flew right over Israelis to protect the canal without a care. So just a pic to add to my collection and I will review the section in Shazlys book in case I missed a mention of Pakistani offer to help and let you know. I doubt it, though. :D

Sadly, the most unfortunately mistreated war hero! If it wasn't for Shazly, that crossing and Israeli counter getting smashed to smithereens including the surprise SAM umbrella he designed downing of over 100 Israeli jets would've never happened without him. He was a brilliant military man amongst the top ten ever IMO and the only to stand up to Sadat unlike Muabark and Ismail and Abu Ghazala etc. He paid a heavy price. How often do you get a good-looking stud who's militarily brilliant?

View attachment 744125View attachment 744126
View attachment 744127

The men loved him and cherished him which might have led to a little envy from Sadat's side, unfortunately since his ego was beyond description and wanted all the credit which Shazly already had without even wanting it. After being mobbed by soldiers wanting to hug him for one of the most successful plan of attacks and Sadat's obvious loss of admiration, he had a pair of gorilla body guards who actually had their AKs pointed constantly wherever they followed him.

View attachment 744130

Shazly to Sadat's right of Sadat who ala Hitler style (whom he was a huge fan for his military strategies not the Jews burning in ovens) with the huge map and the delusional military planning that caused so much destruction to the 4th armored division and the gap Israel exploited and not listening to his best general, Shazly, who you can see it on his face thinking "this guy is out of his mind!" lol

View attachment 744138
The Pakistani Plots were in Egypt in 1970..

Brigadier Pilot Jalal Al-Bassili, 26th Fighter Squadron:

" We learned a lot from the Pakistanis, and one of the most important things we learned is that speed can become zero and you can move the plane with the pedals. It was the first time in my life that I learned this kind of flying. The Pakistanis were here at Inshas Airport, so we called Ahmed Zaidan the Pakistani because of his abundant presence with them and their level was very high and skilled."

=============================================================
Apart from Shazly's book.. these are some of the most interesting books about the subject

Major General Jamal Hammad in his high-level book "The War Battles on the Egyptian Front"

Muhammad Hassanein Heikal in his book "October, Weapons and Politics"

Field Marshal Al Jemsi ..the third man in command of the Egyptian army in His diary said:

" I whisper in the ears of El-Shazly with all cordiality and respect and tell him that the October 1973 war plan was drawn up after the work on it took a long time by the Armed Forces Operations Authority and the participation of the main branches of these forces - air, sea and air defense - and the various departments and leaders, and General Shazlyi, Chief of Staff, approved it along with General Ahmed Ismail, the Commander in Chief, certified it - by each signing the documents with my signature - long before the war. As long as the plan was drawn up to achieve a military strategic goal, which is to reach the straits, it is not acceptable for the chief of staff to say that he was against developing the attack to the straits in the planning stage."

" The Commander-in-Chief, Lieutenant General Ahmed Ismail, was more careful than he should ... and slowed down, which called him to wait for a long time from 10 to 13 October. If we missed the opportunity (here al-Jamsi indicates that Ahmed Ismail complied with Sadat’s desire to develop the attack on October 14 ... that is, Ahmed Ismail refused to venture on October 9 and 10 where he should have ... but he accepted the adventure on October 14. "

Major General Al-Jamsi added that he held two long interviews with Lieutenant General Ahmed Ismail on October 9, in which he discussed the need to develop the attack and continue to exert pressure on the Israeli forces. He found him very careful, as he used to see Ahmed Ismail to wait for the enemy to suffer the greatest possible losses, and he thought that the forces that attack would be exposed to Israeli air attacks. ... But Al-Jamsi explained that the resumption of the Egyptian forces' advance means their cohesion with the Israeli forces, which leads to the neutralization of the Israeli air force, in addition to the fact that the Egyptian air force can be used against the Israeli air force, even if in a limited way, in addition to moving Agile air defense units .

Al-Gamasy added that the Egyptian forces' retaining the initiative and exploiting the success achieved gives the Egyptian forces the opportunity to successfully achieve the strategic goal, while the long wait without any action allows the Israeli forces to adjust their situation and extract the initiative from the Egyptian forces.

From the above it is clear that the principle of developing the attack is not a mistake in general ... Rather, its success was dependent on the appropriate timing, which was not heard from Lieutenant General Chazli, and this is the opinion of Field Marshal Al-Jamsi one of the greatest Egyptian military genius..

===========================================================

October 12 was the beginning of the arrival of the hurricane of US supplies in Operation Nickel Grass, or the American airlift, which compensated for almost all of Israel's losses in tanks in its early days, other than the arrival of new batches of TOW anti-tank missiles, and thus the Israeli forces were in a much better position (they collected about 3 Armored divisions, the equivalent of about 900 tanks ... and the number will escalate later to about 1200 tanks) to the point that the Israeli political and military leadership were discussing, on the days of 12 and 13 October, the way to deal a strong blow to the Egyptian forces with which they could balance matters on the ground before the ceasefire (note They almost gave up the idea of destroying the bridgeheads due to the repeated failure of the Israeli attacks on them ..... and the mere abandonment by Israel of the idea of destroying the bridgeheads is nothing but an implicit recognition of the success of the Egyptian crossing)

Also, Henry Kissinger, who was controlling everything in the USA at the time as a result of Nixon's drowning in the Watergate scandal, wanted to deliver a message to the world through the American airlift to the Israelis that the American support for Israel is unlimited and that the USA will not allow Israel to lose,.
As General David Ben Eliezer, the Israeli Chief of Staff, said:
"If the American weapons did not reach us on October 12, then the only meaning of this was that the great disaster had occurred, because we had completely lost the strategic stockpile of weapons, and this meant that Egypt and Syria could reach further than could any Israeli imagine. "

He continued:
"The USA has agreed to our demands to send advanced types of smart missiles and bombs, guidance networks, and TV jammers, And it has already started shipping them to us ... and has sent American experts with it to take over the task of rapid training for our forces ... and it arrived to us hours before noon on October 11th with 70 New Phantoms and Skyhawks aircraft arriving on the same day."

This volume of supplies was reflected in the battle, as Field Marshal Muhammad Ali Fahmy, commander of the Egyptian Air Defense, said in his memoirs:

"The events came to confirm that the Egyptian forces are facing yhe USA, not Israel, As it may be noticed a sudden surge in the size and density of the hostile air forces, starting from October 14, and a change has also been observed in the anti-radars and missile guidance stations electronic warfare systems "

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom