What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

Egypt still needs to complete the Italian deal..
- Typhoon to replace the outdated F-16 and/or a Maritime role..
- Berghamini to complete the air defense missions of the Northern and Southern Fleets..
- The Aermacchi is needed to train pilots on modern fighter aircraft and replace the Chinese K8..
- And not to forget the urgent need for the 20 OPV deal to replace the outdated small OPV and mostly the transfer of important naval technology..
- The SAR satellite to complete the French Electro-optical imaging satellite and the Egyptian communication satellite..

Nothing has happened in the Egyptian army for decades, so there is still a long and wide road ahead for huge deals in the coming years..With much ToT of course..

Last edited:
Egypt and Italy are said to be approaching the final stages of negotiations on the arms package deal that was concluded last year, and which is estimated at 12 billion US dollars.

Egypt still needs to complete the Italian deal..
- Typhoon to replace the outdated F-16 and/or a Maritime role..
- Berghamini to complete the air defense missions of the Northern and Southern Fleets..
- The Aermacchi is needed to train pilots on modern training aircraft and replace the Chinese K8..
- And not to forget the urgent need for the 20 OPV deal to replace the outdated small OPV and mpstly the transfer technology..
- The SAR satellite to complete the French Electro-optical imaging satellite and the Egyptian communication satellite..

Nothing has happened in the Egyptian army for decades, so there is still a long and wide road ahead for huge deals..With much ToT of course,,

I was hoping that the OPVs would be of the PPA+ corvette type. The falaj-2 looks very lightly armed and too small to protect the shore lines the length of Egypt's.

I was hoping that the OPVs would be of the PPA+ corvette type. The falaj-2 looks very lightly armed and too small to protect the shore lines the length of Egypt's.
Even if it is Falaj-II like OPV..it will have Egyptian Specs..

It is a Stealth Attack Craft with already very good specs and armament..

Compilation of most of the talk about the French deal, That may include :

Air:

- Confirmed deal of 30 Rafale (There was talk abut it for a long time..HaHa!)

- Talk about 6 Rafale as gifts1?,, like the Greek deal ..and not included in the 30 contracted..

- Talk about a maintenance and training center in Egypt for the Rafale .. This means a great deal of independence as spare parts will be available (or there is a license to manufacture part of them)

- Talk about an ammunition factory, most likely Smart Glider like the UAE .. This is more than excellent .. It includes a light version and a heavy version with a warhead weighing 1300 kg .. It can also be integrate on the Russian fighters, and possiblly on the F-16 for the light version

- Talk about Tankers MRTT 330 and reconnaissance aircraft ISR, which is something very important

Naval:

- Talk about Mistral equipment (so it can play fully Its very important role as a naval command and control center), armament and the helicopters that it will carry

- Talk about Scorpene submarines and local manufacturing

- Talk about surface ships as Fremm, Gowind, or the Belhara with local manufacturing

- Talk about support ships, such as Mine detection and sweeping vessels

- Talk of manufacturing ammunition, perhaps Exocet or torpedoes

Others:

- Sure enough, 4 Ground Master 400 long-range 3D mobile air surveillance radars were contracted

- Talk about a Spy satellite

- Talk about Caesar artillery system 155mm 52-calibre self-propelled howitzer.. with local manufacturing

Last edited:
Egypt and Italy are said to be approaching the final stages of negotiations on the arms package deal that was concluded last year, and which is estimated at 12 billion US dollars.
Nothing really new..
But speaking, about the huge deal faith.. it is been completed. The technical reports have been done with and are awaiting publication.
$12 billion is pretty huge.. and it doesn't include the two already delivered Berghamini Frigates..
Generally, they say it will be disclosed soon..in few months,,

This is the report of that link:

Egypt-Italy: Update on arms package deal

Reports from Cairo suggest that Egypt and Italy are approaching the final stages of negotiations
on the arms package deal that was concluded last year, and which is estimated at 12 billion US
dollars.

The deal is expected to be finalized in the coming months, and the equipment will likely be
delivered throughout 2021.

Italian shipbuilder Fincantieri is expected to cooperate with Alexandria Shipyard on the
production of the Falaj 2-class patrol boats, which will be built locally under license.

The same reports suggest that a team led by Chief of Staff of the Egyptian Air Force (EAF) Major
General Hesham Mohammad Adel Awad visited Rome last month (28/4/21) to discuss the final
details of the deal.

During the visit, Major General Awad met with Telespazio CEO Luigi Pasquali. Telespazio is a joint
venture by Italy’s Leonardo and France’s Thales.

Major General Awad and Pasquali discussed several files, including possible collaboration on the
local production of naval surveillance equipment.

They also discussed Egypt’s plans to acquire a radar military satellite (*).

Furthermore, Major General Awad expressed Egypt’s interest in joining the Cosmo-SkyMed
program for scientific, environmental and educational purposes.

Pasquali told Major General Awad that such an arrangement could be made, and that Egypt has
much to offer to this program.

Egypt has recently (29/4/21) announced a massive investment of 1 billion US dollars for oil and
gas exploration in the Western Desert.

In this regard, Egyptian officials are convinced that the Cosmo-SkyMed observation program
could be crucial in detecting and identifying any untapped reserves of oil and gas in that region.

* COSMO-SkyMed

https://www.telespazio.com/en/programmes/cosmo-skymed

Last edited:
That's huge
Why it's categorised in corvette level?!
It's a large frigate by more than 6000 tons

Nothing really new..
But speaking, about the huge deal faith.. it is been completed. The technical reports have been done with and are awaiting publication.
$12 billion is pretty huge.. and it doesn't include the two already delivered Berghamini Frigates..
Generally, they say it will be disclosed soon..in few months,,

This is the report of that link:

Egypt-Italy: Update on arms package deal

Reports from Cairo suggest that Egypt and Italy are approaching the final stages of negotiations
on the arms package deal that was concluded last year, and which is estimated at 12 billion US
dollars.

The deal is expected to be finalized in the coming months, and the equipment will likely be
delivered throughout 2021.

Italian shipbuilder Fincantieri is expected to cooperate with Alexandria Shipyard on the
production of the Falaj 2-class patrol boats, which will be built locally under license.

The same reports suggest that a team led by Chief of Staff of the Egyptian Air Force (EAF) Major
General Hesham Mohammad Adel Awad visited Rome last month (28/4/21) to discuss the final
details of the deal.

During the visit, Major General Awad met with Telespazio CEO Luigi Pasquali. Telespazio is a joint
venture by Italy’s Leonardo and France’s Thales.

Major General Awad and Pasquali discussed several files, including possible collaboration on the
local production of naval surveillance equipment.

They also discussed Egypt’s plans to acquire a radar military satellite (*).

Furthermore, Major General Awad expressed Egypt’s interest in joining the Cosmo-SkyMed
program for scientific, environmental and educational purposes.

Pasquali told Major General Awad that such an arrangement could be made, and that Egypt has
much to offer to this program.

Egypt has recently (29/4/21) announced a massive investment of 1 billion US dollars for oil and
gas exploration in the Western Desert.

In this regard, Egyptian officials are convinced that the Cosmo-SkyMed observation program
could be crucial in detecting and identifying any untapped reserves of oil and gas in that region.

* COSMO-SkyMed

https://www.telespazio.com/en/programmes/cosmo-skymed
I post it for those who think French deal will cancel Italian deal
The part of deal that I love it is m346 trainers
Egypt have one of biggest fleet of trainer aircrafts and this advanced trainer can change future of our pilots
I hope Egypt buy more m346s
What you think about stavatti offer for trainer aircraft for EAF?
I think that company is not serious did you saw their website?

I post it for those who think French deal will cancel Italian deal
The part of deal that I love it is m346 trainers
Egypt have one of biggest fleet of trainer aircrafts and this advanced trainer can change future of our pilots
I hope Egypt buy more m346s
What you think about stavatti offer for trainer aircraft for EAF?
I think that company is not serious did you saw their website?
Egypt will be looking to make the M-346 under license lacally or at least some electronics. munition and spare parts.. so with time it will be more than just the initial 24..

EAF would stick with the M-346..

Not sure what stavatti is offering.. maybe the same offer as it made to the USAF !?

Last edited:
Egypt will be looking to make the M-346 under license lacally or at least some electronics. munition and spare parts.. so with time it will be more than just the inintial 24..

EAF would stick with the M-346..

Not sure what Stabattu is offering.. maybe the same offer as it made to the USAF !?
It is
Check that website they have even an office in Ukraine but I'm not sure it's seriously company

It is
Check that website they have even an office in Ukraine but I'm not sure it's seriously company
They are so serious they proposed a trainer to the USAF..
Their products are based on an Usraeli personal jet developed in the US a while ago..
They just have too many concepts.. not sure if they'll succeed or not..

They are so serious they proposed a trainer to the USAF..
Their products are based on an Usraeli personal jet developed in the US a while ago..
They just have too many concepts.. not sure if they'll succeed or not..
1620907076454.png

That is why I'm not sure about this company
It's their sixth generation fighter concept look like SiFi films fighters
Do you see any sixth generation fighter character in that?
1620907076454.png

That is why I'm not sure about this company
It's their sixth generation fighter concept look like SiFi films fighters
Do you see any sixth generation fighter character in that?
@Philip the Arab what you think about that?

Indian Rafale pic just taking last month courtesy of @Lord Of Gondor post on the Indian News and Discussion thread showing it with a pair of Meteors. So the fact they have then is without a doubt and will clarify why they paid more. They bought HUGE batch of munitions than we did including A LOT MORE MICAs so naturally they paid more. Let's not give them a hard time, please.

1621034522458.png

Also the Indians have been mounting their SCAPs on the outer wing pilon which is not allowed in L'armee
De L'air because of their approximate 2 ton weight and the affect of the wingloading. But I'm sure they worked something out to allow then to put them that fart out on the wings.

1621034722471.png

I wasn't sure if it has something to do with the plumbing of the drop tanks already figured for the inner pylons where the tanks must be and they calculated the weight and as long as they fly without too much maneuvering until they launch them, then that's what they did. We just want to see the meteors to end all the discussions once and for all.

At LOG, I hope you don't mind me stealing some of your posted pics but I gave you full credit. Tell me straight up if you would rather I don't of ask first.

With @The SC post that pretty much guarantees the EAF is in possession of meteors, they might not be ready to use them or are just not bothering showing them. They should and not worry about what anyone says.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom