What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

It's takes exactly 3 years after launching the Ship to enter the service
These 3 years contains
* Receiving the Weapons and Systems
* Testing the Ship and it's Systems
* Training the Crew on the New Shop
I am waiting for the day we arm our built warships with Egypt made Weapons and Systems just like israel
Fun Fact
Sa'ar 6 was built by Germany and israel Equipped it with it's made systems
Gowinds were built by egypt but equipped with European Systems
Nice. So apparently Naval Group of France has made some offer to the Egyptian Navy for a submarined package like you mentioned before. Also last week when the German foreign minister was visiting Egypt, there was discussion about possible additional German submarines. I would tell the French thanks but no thanks and try to work with the Germans on more of their subs because of all the reasons we already know.

New pic of an EAF Heavy Su-35SE. The covered Egyptian flag on the tail is visible, but I still don't see any roundel anywhere. I hope they put one on the fuselage somewhere. Either way, 9214 looks pretty damn good! Yalla ba2a ya russeyeen ya ged3an khalassu el tayarat dol!

EruQWfZXAAAFe8r
There is some sort of a race between Germany and France about who will win an arms deal with Egypt
I will be more happy if Egypt have the opportunity to at least assemble the submarines I want a program that gives Alexandria shipyard experience and capabilities to develop a submarine just as how we developed the Gowinds
In other words Submarines tot

Excellent Picture and can't wait to see the official reveal of the Su35 in Egyptian Military Exercises

According to "Tactical Report" site: France offered Egypt a submarine of the new type Scorpene and the class SMX Ocean as well as the conventional version of the nuclear submarine Barracuda..to chose from..

https://www.tacticalreport.com/egypt-navy-naval-group.../

SMX Ocean
1415107921290_wps_23_SMAXOCean_JPG.jpg

During the German Foreign Minister’s visit to Egypt a few days ago, among the topics discussed with the Egyptian side were the German submarines..From Germany there are types 214, 216 and 218..

https://www.weser-kurier.de/.../deutschland-welt-politik...

There were also two heavy-caliber deals with the German side, the 1000 km Express electric train with Siemens, and an unknown military (Naval) deal with the Luerssen.. it seems about the transfer of shipbuilding technology to the Alexandria shipyard and train workers..

https://luerssen-defence.com/category/naval-vessels/

Last edited:
Excellent Picture and can't wait to see the official reveal of the Su35 in Egyptian Military Exercises

Wouldn't it be something on the first exhibition flight of the Su-35SE in Egypt, the commander of the newly formed squadrons breaks formation over where President Sisi and all the dignitaries are seated watching the show and then he does this:

That would be something! :lol:

India Condemns Attack On UN Peacekeepers In Mali
Peacekeepers under attack again in Mali, as one Egyptian blue helmet dies, another seriously injured
Really sad, RIP
(Mali is perhaps the most dangerous region for peacekeepers, salute to all peacekeepers serving there)

It's really strange because here in the US, most people hardly know where Libya is on a map let alone Mali! They wouldn't understand the conflict and why it's such a dangerous place where the UN needs to position countless peace-keeping forces and how many soldiers have actually died there. There was that ambush of those American troops IIRC and even then, people barely questioned what the heck were they doing in such a no-man's land?!

Just goes to show you how screwed up this world is we live in, ma man. It's not like we don't have our own problems in Sinai and on the western border with Libya and what appears to be a VERY TENSE situation at the Sudanese & Ethiopian border that could flare up into a full fledged battle that has huge implication on Egypt's water securities and a decade of kid gloves working the diplomatic channels that could instantly go down the toilet. Now we have peace keepers all over Africa including the Congo, Somalia, Eretria, Chad and Mali! Oh and a small pandemic on top of all that to boot!

Also from Mahmoud Gamal's handle. This is really a great sign of the modernization that is happening in the Egyptian Armed Forces that it's not only in the air force and navy, but we're noticing that even some of the infantry are starting to get better gear (albeit at a slow pace, but it's being done which is a good thing) and even the armored vehicles are getting a great facelift in the APCs.

The best part is that these are all locally built, indigenous vehicles. Egyptian-made ST-500 LTV & ST-100 MRAP during testing in the Sinai.

Er7NfkzXYAAg2yl

Er7NgTIWMAE4kZW

The Navy receives the "Port Said" stealth frigate (Gowind) from Alexandria's arsenal

You know what's crazy there, SC bro? The work to build the 3rd (out of 4 orderd) Meko A200 Frigate just started at the German shipyard which means that the first and 2nd are completed and the as this one gets done, the 4th will start being built at the Alexandria shipyard ISA according to the contract. The speed at which these things are being put together is insane!

The first Meko will be launched in March and undergo sea trials etc. and eventually delivered to the ENF. It'll really be something to improve the number of frigates which is what interestingly enough is what we were saying way back when they received the French FREMM.

So the frigates in the ENF will be:
1) 1 French FREMM
2) 2 Italian FREMMs Berghamini class
3) 4 Meko A200

for a total of 7 frigates. The corvette numbers are tough to figure out at the moment since we don't really know if the ENF signed the Italian deal for those 20 smaller corvettes. Either way, the numbers should end up being very satisfying but the Frigates are looking good and I have a feeling there will be another deal that will raise that number from 7 to possible 9 or even 12 to come soon. Just amazing the pace of this naval modernization.

According to "Tactical Report" site: France offered Egypt a submarine of the new type Scorpene and the class SMX Ocean as well as the conventional version of the nuclear submarine Barracuda..to chose from..

At first I was thinking the heck with anything French right now because of the way the Rafale deal has gone and the sour taste we've gotten from those dealings. And until Dassault agrees to at least the option for 12 more, I don't think we should deal with them at all and exercise that ability to go somewhere else and not be tied down to one supplier that we've worked so hard to establish. But then I looked at the specs of that Scorpene submarine as well as the SMX Ocean and, assuming that the French would be anywhere near serious about offering the ENF that type of submarine for high seas, then perhaps it might be worth at least listening to and seeing what the offer is.

I find it interesting that the ENF would even be interested in a high seas submarine in the first place. I don't think the French or the Germans would offer them out of the blue unless our boys inquired about them. Which leads me to this thought which is what are they thinking of doing with those? Are they planning on venturing outside of the Mediterranean and the Red Sea (although the Red Sea is awfully shallow in total for any submarine really and most of the work and patrolling would be further down in the gulf of Suez where it starts to get much deeper and conducive to submarine travel. But with a high seas sub, they must be thinking of venturing much further out into the Indian Ocean and perhaps to the Arabian Sea or even all around Africa. Some fascinating thoughts that accompany this possibility. What are your thoughts? And @Kellar777 what do you think about these subs in the ENF? And other members too? Haven't seen @ARCH٤R for a while or @HD Seeker-5000 or even @Philip the Arab has been missing for a little while.

You know what's crazy there, SC bro? The work to build the 3rd (out of 4 orderd) Meko A200 Frigate just started at the German shipyard which means that the first and 2nd are completed and the as this one gets done, the 4th will start being built at the Alexandria shipyard ISA according to the contract. The speed at which these things are being put together is insane!

The first Meko will be launched in March and undergo sea trials etc. and eventually delivered to the ENF. It'll really be something to improve the number of frigates which is what interestingly enough is what we were saying way back when they received the French FREMM.

1) 1 French FREMM
3) 4 Meko A200

for a total of 7 frigates. The corvette numbers are tough to figure out at the moment since we don't really know if the ENF signed the Italian deal for those 20 smaller corvettes. Either way, the numbers should end up being very satisfying but the Frigates are looking good and I have a feeling there will be another deal that will raise that number from 7 to possible 9 or even 12 to come soon. Just amazing the pace of this naval modernization.

At first I was thinking the heck with anything French right now because of the way the Rafale deal has gone and the sour taste we've gotten from those dealings. And until Dassault agrees to at least the option for 12 more, I don't think we should deal with them at all and exercise that ability to go somewhere else and not be tied down to one supplier that we've worked so hard to establish. But then I looked at the specs of that Scorpene submarine as well as the SMX Ocean and, assuming that the French would be anywhere near serious about offering the ENF that type of submarine for high seas, then perhaps it might be worth at least listening to and seeing what the offer is.

I find it interesting that the ENF would even be interested in a high seas submarine in the first place. I don't think the French or the Germans would offer them out of the blue unless our boys inquired about them. Which leads me to this thought which is what are they thinking of doing with those? Are they planning on venturing outside of the Mediterranean and the Red Sea (although the Red Sea is awfully shallow in total for any submarine really and most of the work and patrolling would be further down in the gulf of Suez where it starts to get much deeper and conducive to submarine travel. But with a high seas sub, they must be thinking of venturing much further out into the Indian Ocean and perhaps to the Arabian Sea or even all around Africa. Some fascinating thoughts that accompany this possibility. What are your thoughts? And @Kellar777 what do you think about these subs in the ENF? And other members too? Haven't seen @ARCH٤R for a while or @HD Seeker-5000 or even @Philip the Arab has been missing for a little while.
I think those subs are indeed for Mistrals at the first place
Mistral can't be operated alone it needs a strong fleet with it and we have two Mistrals so yeah good addition
I wish ASY Assemble those subs would be so great

1) 1 French FREMM
3) 4 Meko A200

Talk was about 6 Italian FREMMs Berghamini class and 6 Meko A200..We are already at 12 more capable frigates.. but not to forget that some old EN frigates will be retired..
As for corvettes they are going to be quite a few more new ones ..to upgrade the fleet as well as replacing old ones too..

Concerning the submarines..2 SMX Ocean and 2 Scorpene will be an ideal addition.. they are pretty potent and offer much more than the Germans want to offer..

Talk was about 6 Italian FREMMs Berghamini class and 6 Meko A200..We are already at 12 more capable frigates.. but not to forget that some old EN frigates will be retired..
As for corvettes they are going to be quite a few more new ones ..to upgrade the fleet as well as replacing old ones too..

Concerning the submarines..2 SMX Ocean and 2 Scorpene will be an ideal addition.. they are pretty potent and offer much more than the Germans want to offer..

Indeed. Check this out for a reality check. While Defense Arab is not a fully accurate twitter handle, this post by it actually is and puts things in perspective as far as weapons allowed to Egypt and this has NOTHING to do with money or finances. As we've clearly witnessed in the last 8 years that money has hardly been an object for the Egyptian military and it's acquisitions putting it 2nd in the world after India with the most weapons bought worldwide. This has a lot more to do with something else completely, the same reason for the AIM-120 etc. is the problem. This concerns the SCALP-EG AKA STORM SHADOW.

You have Saudiya which has been allowed to purchase 600 units!
You have the UAE also allowed to purchase 600 units.
Qatar has chosen to purchase 140 and probably by choice. I think it could've bought many more if it wanted.
Then you have poor old lonely Egypt that can barely be allowed to purchase 50 units but not only that, they get denied because of some silly US made part and that whole kafukta. Just simply amazing when you look at this. It makes you wonder when will this crap end? I supposed the peace treaty is not worth its weight in paper, even!? Menayeleen fe seteen neela wlad el a7ba el ma3araseen dol!

Indeed. Check this out for a reality check. While Defense Arab is not a fully accurate twitter handle, this post by it actually is and puts things in perspective as far as weapons allowed to Egypt and this has NOTHING to do with money or finances. As we've clearly witnessed in the last 8 years that money has hardly been an object for the Egyptian military and it's acquisitions putting it 2nd in the world after India with the most weapons bought worldwide. This has a lot more to do with something else completely, the same reason for the AIM-120 etc. is the problem. This concerns the SCALP-EG AKA STORM SHADOW.

You have Saudiya which has been allowed to purchase 600 units!
You have the UAE also allowed to purchase 600 units.
Qatar has chosen to purchase 140 and probably by choice. I think it could've bought many more if it wanted.
Then you have poor old lonely Egypt that can barely be allowed to purchase 50 units but not only that, they get denied because of some silly US made part and that whole kafukta. Just simply amazing when you look at this. It makes you wonder when will this crap end? I supposed the peace treaty is not worth its weight in paper, even!? Menayeleen fe seteen neela wlad el a7ba el ma3araseen dol!

Yes Bro.. that is bad..but chances get bigger as Egypt gets more and more potent long range air to air missiles and cruise ones too.. I still believe that Egypt will get the Meteor and more Scalps..and there is the wonderful Mica NG in the pipeline..So no worries.. and all that on top of the RUSSIAN potent missiles ..

It will be nice to hear about a deal for 2 SMX Ocean and a few Scorpene.. plus 4 S-26 from China after that..All of them with AIP and land attack capabilities..So that the EN will be in top shape..

Oh the irony, no pun intended either, but look what the Israelis are doing to their Saar corvette because they still don't have an integrated CIW system; they've installed an iron dome system on the deck! loool. Wonder where the inspiration for that came from? And how many people are ragging and laughing at them for doing pretty much exactly what the EN did with its Mistrals and the Avenger system?

EsbScSFXYAE7Lp_

Speaking of the Mistral, a recent pic shows the Avenger lacking, or maybe it's just not visible.

Esg0fxFXAAY3NVW

Quick sneak peak at the inside of the control rooms of Al Galala Berghamini FREMM in the Egyptian Navy. Also a nice view of the docked mistral and an EAF Mirage 2K.

EsahvkRXYAIP3Se

EsahvkRWMAMyzD0

EqzEj5FW4AANRvx

EqzEkEYXMAERWA4

Interesting how different it is from its French sister. The entire deck and upper deck are completely different designs. Someday we'll get a side by side pic.

EsXFOrnW4AEnkl4

EsTMJXdXMAAZuwV

Egypt receives 3 marine patrol boats from Germany

https://www.nordkurier.de/ruegen/do...pygfY5zErPFemMy8hlHfaUIqUL4GMboq4BbVfbl5a9bQY

Germany_approves_the_delivery_of_nine_L%C3%BCrssen_patrol_boats_to_Egypt_925_001.jpg

5 received..4 more to come..they are all 40 m.. and one is a 60 m coastal defense ship.. that makes it 10 in total..

1_slider_cpv_60.jpg

I saw this news earlier this morning and I lost track of which deal this was part of LOL! With all the deals being made for the navy lately, it's tough keeping track of which is which and which includes what etc. But now after reading the article, I do remember that there were 10 of this including the offshore patrol boat that were originally destined for Saudiya, then the whole Khashoggshi thing happened and the Germans took a nutty fit and canceled all deals to Saudiya but then this one was transferred to Egypt.

The only two unknowns so far is how were the payments for these made? Did Germany return the initial payments Saudiya made and then Egypt is paying separately for these, or are they calling it even as a deal between Egypt and Saudiya? And the other is the end of the article says "the deal is considered controversial" and I'm wondering why the hell is it still considered controversial?! With all the submarines and Meko frigates and the IRIS-T-SL SAM system and other military equipment Germany has sold to Egypt and 10 patrol boats suddenly become controversial?!?! Mesh fahem ya3ni?!

Back
Top Bottom