What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

The SU-35 are coming.. _ it is a requirement before the SU-57 _
It is also important to upgrade a good number of the F-16s to V .. I've heard it'll be done with batches of 18 at a time..:-)
Will the AIM-120 still not be on there? The Jordanian F-16s can fire AIM-120s considering they were at war with Israel in the past and are right next to them.

Hello all,

I'm new here. I'd like to ask this question.....we know the EAF has a sizeable F-16 fleet that is compatible and integrated with Early Warning Sensors like the Hawkeye etc but with Egypt buying Rafales, MiG-29M's and now Su-35 how is all of this supposed to work together?

I also ask the same question about the Air Defense Forces....how are all the systems made compatible, especially the newer S.300, TOR-M2 and Buk M2?

Hello all,

I'm new here. I'd like to ask this question.....we know the EAF has a sizeable F-16 fleet that is compatible and integrated with Early Warning Sensors like the Hawkeye etc but with Egypt buying Rafales, MiG-29M's and now Su-35 how is all of this supposed to work together?

I also ask the same question about the Air Defense Forces....how are all the systems made compatible, especially the newer S.300, TOR-M2 and Buk M2?
I don't know about the jets.
The defence system was made to all be integrated by a system made by Raytheon in which all the systems are connected together via fiber optic cabels bunkered deep under ground throughout Sinai.

The defence system was made to all be integrated by a system made by Raytheon in which all the systems are connected together via fiber optic cabels bunkered deep under ground throughout Sinai.

Egypt just bought 6 Meko frigates from Germany with the possibility of local production of 1-2 of them

Egypt just bought 6 Meko frigates from Germany with the possibility of local production of 1-2 of them
which ship is more capable? miko 200 or freem friget?

which ship is more capable? miko 200 or freem friget?
Not the same frigate category.. MekoA200 is 3400 tons while Fremm is 6000+tons (almost a destroyer or a small one)

Hello all,

Egypt has a C4i of its own capable of integrating Western and Eastern military systems.. as for the aircrafts.. the Russians have a link similar to the Western Link 16.. which means the Migs and the Sukhoi can communicate between them and with the C4i.. the same applies to the F-16s, Mirages and Rafales.. So it is clear that the C4i can communicate with both and serves as a master link for the Western and Eastern links.. the same goes for the Navy and the army.. and Also for the combined forces..

Any more info on the Russian systems similar to Link 16 and the Egyptian C4 system?

In The October War 1973, 64 battles took place
(A battle is one in which a military brigade or more is participating).
Egyptian forces won an absolute victory in 51 battles and took over the land occupied by the Israeli army on October 6 with an area of 168 km and a depth of 15 km, including 31 Israeli military strong points.

Technically I'm not an Arab. I'm Egyptian born living in Australia

Good to see you again, it's been a while. How's everything in the land down under?

I prefer the FREMM, but 6 pieces of Meko 200 are more useful for the Northern and Southern navies to join the two mistrals.

Indeed. 6 ships in one bang is a heck of a deal. This is exactly what we were saying about a year ago as far as the EN is concerned that they need to increase the number of modern frigates and they went out and did exactly that. Maybe they're listening to us? lol

What remains to be seen is what they end up with as far as these two are concerned.

D4_JcRdWwAA7iyt.jpg

D4_JcRWXoAAWjSJ.jpg

I'd rather see the NH90 but if the deal for the AW-149 goes through, at least it'll be a helo that they're already familiar with having it already in the inventory for medivac. Either way, we'll need to see a higher level of maritime SAR caps, for sure.

They will become good dancers, do not worry much.. seen what they could do with a stiff dancer like the Mig-21?

Not worried about that at all. I do have a little concern regarding the US' reaction to this purchase. We'll have to wait and see if anything develops regarding that and Russian sanctions but if there is anytime to make these deals and take advantage of them is now, with the orange guy in office. The only thing is he might be powerless if congress decides to pass a resolution against Egypt since it's hell bent up against Russia, while Trump doesn't really care much about that.

BTW, there's some raging talk about a deal that involves a batch of JF-17 which would be rather interesting but a bit bizarre TBH. Should be an interesting next few months.

Good to see you again, it's been a while. How's everything in the land down under?

Indeed. 6 ships in one bang is a heck of a deal. This is exactly what we were saying about a year ago as far as the EN is concerned that they need to increase the number of modern frigates and they went out and did exactly that. Maybe they're listening to us? lol

What remains to be seen is what they end up with as far as these two are concerned.

D4_JcRdWwAA7iyt.jpg

D4_JcRWXoAAWjSJ.jpg

I'd rather see the NH90 but if the deal for the AW-149 goes through, at least it'll be a helo that they're already familiar with having it already in the inventory for medivac. Either way, we'll need to see a higher level of maritime SAR caps, for sure.

Not worried about that at all. I do have a little concern regarding the US' reaction to this purchase. We'll have to wait and see if anything develops regarding that and Russian sanctions but if there is anytime to make these deals and take advantage of them is now, with the orange guy in office. The only thing is he might be powerless if congress decides to pass a resolution against Egypt since it's hell bent up against Russia, while Trump doesn't really care much about that.

BTW, there's some raging talk about a deal that involves a batch of JF-17 which would be rather interesting but a bit bizarre TBH. Should be an interesting next few months.
As you know by now the AW-149 won the bid..the numbers will tend more towards 30 than 20 due to being less expensive.. in fact the official order by the EN is 20 plus an option for 10..just found out on Wikipedia....Egypt might also get different versions which will be awesome..

like this AW-159 Wildcat

maxresdefault.jpg

5-future-lynx.jpg

80d8ee2166bc42f9936a5a28086ba953.jpg

AW-149

https://thaimilitaryandasianregion.wordpress.com/2016/12/07/aw149-multirole-helicopter/

Concerning the SU-35.. I don't see the congress in a position to impose sanctions on Egypt after it has allowed India to get its S-400..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom