What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

1670515593793.png
Ajmal safeenah

Some nice MEKO A200 pics Al Azziz #904.

View attachment 904089

Nice shot of EN Ka-52 NC.

View attachment 904090

EN Special Forces. You don't want to be on the beach when these guys show up!

View attachment 904091

Hard to know if they're thinking of replacing the 8 or 10 Seasprite dedicated ASW helicopter. I'm sure it's up to the task and then some with some pretty decent upgradable packages for dropped sonar tubes and other items that with all the new all-purpose ships that the ENS is purchasing, I would think they might need to upgrade these as well since I think they've been around for a long time, since maybe the early 1990's? I could be wrong and they are US built helos so I'm not sure they would upgrade them to a level that would be satisfactory to Egypt which would want to know where all submarines are, not just the non-Israeli ones.

View attachment 904092View attachment 904093

And these two will soon InshaAllah have another pair to join them making a total of 4 Bergamini FREMM Frigates which I would've hoped it would've been the other way around, get 4 MEKO and 6 of these bad boys!

View attachment 904094

Perhaps the EN saw something special that is lacking in the Bergamini (most likely pricewise and also the unique propulsion system that when they use the center propeller shaft with the single diesel engine helps create a very low usage of fuel as opposed to these huge Bergamini monsters lol! But those monsters look great, but the bottom line is always not the looks, but the capabilities and the great technology.

But seeing this ship next to the Gowind in the last set of pics we saw when it was making its entrance into the Alexandria docking yard and seeing them side by side, I can't help but notice that they might be long ships, but the Gowind appears to be larger as a corvette should be smaller in the sense that it is a corvette and the MEKO is considered a frigate which should be larger but doesn't seem to be the case. We'll have to at least check the displacement numbers and see where they stand.

But what a beauty and knowing it was referred to by an international naval news outlet as one of the most modern frigates as well as one of the stealthiest out there. If that truly is the case, they should load up on these as much as they can afford.

View attachment 904097

Looks like it has the easiest way of tying up to tow/tug it.

View attachment 904098
What do you think of the first two pieces that entered the service in the Italian Navy? I think it will be the share of Egypt, a quick receipt

I opened the thread, because I think that the military cooperation between these countries proves in the field that their alliance is strong and solid.

Of course, and we go back to the Ptolemaic dynasty was not even a time where swords were drawn in the least bit! If was more like the Hellenistic people were invited to Egypt for a party that lasted 275 years and more when Greeks and Egyptians were one together that's how much commonness and respect and self-worth we have for one another, It goes without saying, But when you get some dingleberry accusing us of being scumbags because we are the best of friends who share ancestral history in a fashion you won't find anywhere else (Greek Orthodox religion is especially protected in a majority Muslim country which is also undeard of anywhere else) and instead of liberating Jerusalem (which oh we tried we were just unsuccessful) but that doesn't make us scum like these guys claim AND are being supported by the moderators who did absolutely NOTHIHG but shut that thread and not one single moderator found that offensive enough to delete and ban said individuals like they used to., it says A LOT to me. Maybe others don't see it that way, but I most certainly do.

The fact that some members started the insults really leaves me indifferent. There are administrators and moderators to keep things in order.

But what administrators and what moderators, my friend? Listen Akritas, I'm not giving you a hard time at all, honestly. I'm simply making you aware (since I've been on this forum for a while and I have seen mods act and be very strict about insulting other nationalities over any reason, and they completely failed to do so here which means things are changing to a certain extent. So, my beef is certainly not with you at all, just so we don't have another misunderstanding. I just thought I would give you some friendly advice because this will happen again, I guarantee you. So just wanted you to know I am not arguing with you, just maybe thinking you might be assuming the wrong information even though what they break down the forums is exactly the way you should be doing it. But something inhouse seems to be brewing against the Arabs like it used to many years ago and then it changed for a long time for the better, making it even but now seems to have retorted back to its old hateful ways especially against Egyptians which is a shame. We love all people out there and respect everyone no matter who or what you are.

Anyway, as we say in the Arab world Ma3alena let's move on. Greek ships and the newer Egyptian ships should make a powerhouse in the Med against anyone who might have crazy ideas. And you know what else, I don't think once I have seen a US/Egypt joint naval exercise where Egypt brought out any of its new frigates or Corvettes and only used its older but upgrades Oliver Hazzard Perry class frigates or the Knox class frigate 4 of the former and 2 of the latter. They also bring out the Ambassador II MK class missile crafts which were specifically build for the Egyptian Navy 4 of them the Ezzat being the most active. But you will almost NEVER notice them shipping out even the sole French Aquitaine which I think they will eventually add to that and not make it the only French Fremm in its class despite the exorbitant cost difference between it and the much more price-friend Bergamini FREMMs which are equally as potent and perhaps the difference is the Aster 15/30 on the Italian FREMMs run less than the MICA Navals on the Aquitaine. But I heard there were other issues such as incredibly expensive cost for maintenance items and processes for the French Frigate as opposed to the Italian ones. But now it seems the German MEKOs has outdone them both in all aspects lol. We'll see how they handle them and if they end up ordering more of them before getting more Bergamini, then we have our answer.

It's an interesting observation because it seems like it does not want to show the US or any of its Admirals or captains or even any of the grunts sailors any of the modern Euro ships to any US personell, be it Frnech, German or Grecko-Roman; Do they still think the US will immediately write a n12-page report on every signle ship they winteness and everything they saw and think about them? I do and that is exactly why not only do we get watered down versions of not even great asyustems, but we're being spyed on directly in front of our eyes with no shame whateosver lmao! Americans have such a low opionion of our intelligence and let;s keep them thinking that way. What else can we do to make them think we're really stupid? LOLOLOLOL!!! :D

Who has some good new pics of EAF of EB or EGY Armor. Let's go. men, Joker I know you have many you're just afraid to post them and I can understand why. It's too bad.

Who has some good new pics of EAF of EB or EGY Armor. Let's go. men, Joker I know you have many you're just afraid to post them and I can understand why. It's too bad.
I'll start with this, having read the rest of course. I'm not at all afraid of online confrontation, but I consider it a waste of time to argue with someone who swears, who insults, who trolls and has no arguments.
I consider it a waste of time to mess with a moron.
And I end here by reminding you of this: 'Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.'

As far as the rest is concerned, I believe that the Greek-Egyptian cooperation, if it develops into a strategic geopolitical and energy alliance, will then be the vehicle that will establish peace in the region. Greece is very lucky, that Egypt has in its leadership, a leader like Sisi, who looks far and is not dependent on others.
We are two nations, two peoples, living together for 3000 years of history, and some neighbors are jealous of that.So, let us look forward, let us work together for peace, put aside as also must fight the fundamentalist and revisionist elements, and we will have better years ahead.

It will cost 1 billion $ per aircraft hahaha

It would be absolutely ridiculous if the price of an tranche 5 Rafale would be anywhere around that figure since those are only 2 maybe 3 year away at tops and I forget who mentioned that stealthy aircraft are the thing of the future and if Dassault doesn't have it in their design Sofware that by the tranche 4.1.1 that would will start to see some serious changes to the stealthy aerodynamics of the aircraft, then they'll quickly be left behind. The same applies to the Eurofighter Typhoon since both of those aircraft were not only based on the cold war efforts and being way ahead of the curve for those times where you had the venerable F-14A, the also venerable F-16 & f-15s & Mirages (also Delta Wings) and Panavia Tornado designed specifically for going up mostly against not only the venerable MiG-21, but by the middle of the CW it was the scary and little known MiG-29A, the wicked scary MiG-25A which turned out to be an unfortunate dud and in-between you had recon aircraft like the MiG-27 and the slightly more maneuverable MiG-23 coupled by a slew of Sukhoi's such as the Su-12 and the variable geometry Su-22 etc.

So the west had its hands full and along came the 4 countries of NATO that said hey, we need to make our own CONGLOMORATE aircraft to also enter as a united front of a 4-ship country designing an air superiority fighter that can easily be a dual-role in the Eurofighter Typhoon even if France bows out and does its own thing in the Rafale, that will only add to our overall power against the Soviet Union in the air.

Hence the birth of not only all the aircraft I mentioned, but quite a few more but for the sake of our discussion about the tranche models, the Saudis wanting 200 while the UAE wants 80 that's more than double and my overall point is that by the time the Rafale Tranche for both those countries are ready to be built, they need to not only improve on the standard items such as the Fussion cockpit, the linkage, the weapons load but more importantly, they need to heavily invest into changing the design of the aircraft to accommodate stealthy features. Then don't need to make brand new designs, just run a stealth line right down the middle and avoid 90-degree angles and use a hell of a lot more composite material than yet the 70% they already are. The same goes for the Eurofighter Typhoon because aircraft that were designed to be air superiority for the middle to the end of the cold war were designs of long ago and the fighter world is moving very fast.

The main reason for the success of the Rafale is the countries that were and/or knew they would be designed the stealthy F-35, went out and bought the Rafale despite the son of a bitch costing more fly away money!

So both the Rafale and Eurofighter Typhoon by the time they reach the Tranche 5 model need to show substantial structural changes that support stealthiest and not necessarily RAM that gets washed off in lightning and strong rain weather which brings in the new composite air panels with the F-35 is already using to reduce the maintenance and need for RAM coatings.

This is what we're expected to be flying these Rafales in the tranches of today. With MICA IR, ER, 250KH AASM HAMMERS PGMs and a pair of meteor and lose the belly tank or the pair of wing drop tanks for a pair of SCALP cruise missiles. This is what's flying today and what people are wanting to but, and gen 4+++ but for Saudiya and even the UAE to get to their birds, the level will need to rise exponentially.

1670553682167.png

It's going to need to resemble something a little less drastically something like this:

1670553053750.png

Or maybe something much more drastically different since we all well know that a pair of canted horizontal stabilizers are much more important in getting rid of that pesky radar returning single H-Stan with that distinctive 90 degree angle.

1670552970595.png

Something in the very distant future.

1670553314986.png

I'm 100% sure that the French Rafale engineer teams for future designs and cost are or have already been working on these things for a few years now already and I wouldn't be surprised if they already have a prototype or two for testing already. Always gotta stay ahead of the game at all times.

The same will MOST certainly apply to the Eurofighter Typhoon but imagine engineers taking something like this and trying to make it stealthy? This would be a tremendous challenge that might not be doable without a complete change.

1670556041241.png

This is very drastic, but this might be what is needed provided they find a way to keep the cost down like the brilliance of Lockheed Martin which has caused NATO and non-NATO aligned and permitted to flock to the US and get in line for purchasing the F-35. Noth Eurocanards will need to do the same thing if they want to maintain the same or similar or even better results. I think the lower belly intakes will most certainly need to be something of the past. No more.

1670554530423.png

What do you think of the first two pieces that entered the service in the Italian Navy? I think it will be the share of Egypt, a quick receipt

I don't know. They gave us the first two Bergamini for about $1,2 billion as an act of g0od faith with the two ships having been introduced to the Italian navy just a few months prior to that. So I consider that an incredible act of generosity and good businiess and of a country and company that does want our business and is committed to even giving us some of its own platforms if we need them in a time of war which SAYS A LOT! Sending a message of that caliber is beyond amazing and for Italy, Fincantieri and even Leonardo makes them all look good despite what Leonardo did merging with the Jewish company was not in our favor but we just have to be careful.

Back to the ships, I think that if they did that once in the amount of approximately $1 billion is crazy and I'm not sure they would do it again since now they have already shown good faith, why do it again and nothing in those links suggest they would do it again because no is the time to sit down and iron our the mega deal with the remaining 4 FREMMs, 24 Falaj Corvettes and 24 Eurofighter Typhoons. Not sure if anything else has been added but I think the Italians are going to want to make a deal and close it very soon since they have already shown good faith and I think they expect Egypt to do the same thing.

What make you think they will be sending an additional pair of Bergamini to the EN? And for how much? I (and I'm sure many others) would love to know what your reasoning is.

Last edited:
The two types of FREMM available out there and the EN has them both, from the French Aquitaine to the right and the Bergamini to the left which seems to dwarf the French ship,mostly due to the massive tower.

1670557878576.png

@Gomig-21 I don't understand why Greece hasn't bought any Ambassador Mk.III ships. If we had bought 3 of them,we could have replaced 3 Combattant ships. Actually,they're even better. They're like corvettes.

If we end up buying Gowind HN,we could have a common ship for exercises :P

What I see is that the Egyptian Navy is being acknowledged as a major power in the Mediterranean by more and more countries. Its strength and size make it impossible for the region from Spain to the Gulf of Aden,to ignore it.

@Gomig-21 I don't understand why Greece hasn't bought any Ambassador Mk.III ships. If we had bought 3 of them,we could have replaced 3 Combattant ships. Actually,they're even better. They're like corvettes.

If we end up buying Gowind HN,we could have a common ship for exercises :P

What I see is that the Egyptian Navy is being acknowledged as a major power in the Mediterranean by more and more countries. Its strength and size make it impossible for the region from Spain to the Gulf of Aden,to ignore it.
Because Ambassador MK.III is our own design and it was the USA who build it for us (I think we have 4 of them). If Alexandria Shipyard could build them locally, which now we have the capabilities to do it, then maybe we will sell them for you in case you contract them.

Because Ambassador MK.III is our own design and it was the USA who build it for us (I think we have 4 of them). If Alexandria Shipyard could build them locally, which now we have the capabilities to do it, then maybe we will sell them for you in case you contract them.
We should have bought some of those. Definetely.

Back
Top Bottom