What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

Lets see if they can turn it around in the winter with their actual forces. This war has shown us how low the russian standard is considering weapons. The funding doesnt help as well. The war in Ukraine was set since April-May into Russia's victory shelf as it acheived its goals of Freeing/invading donbass region. In addition to the destruction of a Uni-polar world and giving the courage to other countries to let loose of the dollar gradually without facing the same fate as Iraq and Libya. The losses as you mentioned was Russia's dignity and its weapons market which wont matter as the countries russia sells to dont have the option to switch to the west with the exception of Egypt and India. Why do you think our planes will be sold to Iran or scrapped? We dont have many options regarding this. And tbh i dont think our leaders are suprised with the results and they pressured the russians to up their standard in the weapons we bought which the RAF considered for themselves like the Ka-52 upgrade.

The only reason the Russians have some myth of invincibility surrounding them as super warriors of the winter time is because of the battle of Stalingrad and if you know anything about that, you would realize that first they were "defenders" which means they don't need numerical advantage and two is that the Germans shot themselves in the head (never mind the foot) because of how ill-prepared they were for the brutal cold of the Russian plains, not to mention the muddy plains of the fall. All 3 of those helped the Russians win that battle and gave them this sense of invincibility of wintertime fighting.

Well, if you know history which I'm sure you do, it didn't work out for them quite well in Afghanistan because of the same factors but primarily being the "invading" force and not the defending one. Just like the Germans, if you're the attacking or the invading force, you need a minimum of 3 times the number of the defender in men, equipment and aircraft to control the skies (just like the US does it) and they've had neither in the Ukraine with the exception of armor which as we found out, had a major flaw in their design, specifically the turret AND their ridiculously poor tactics in fighting urban and open plains warfare. They've been decimated in both those fields by very few Ukrainian forces frankly it's beyond embarrassing. And I hate to admit this since I am a huge supporter of Russia, but I just can't lie to my own eyes!

We could talk about this for hours but I'm not going to, suffice it to say I've covered the basics in the last few paragraphs, and they lost a major foothold in the territories they gained in April/May you mentioned and are losing even more as we speak! So they didn't win jack squat my friend since they haven't been able to barely hold on to it.

The shameful beating they've taking from small Ukranian units using their own hardware against them is beyond pathetic. Their use of the airspace is astonishingly poor.

Look at the list of helicopters and fighters they've lost. This is the perfect example of how terribly planned this stupid "military operation" as the great Sergei Lavrov calls it (and I love that man I tell you, but that donkey Putin has put him in a terrible spot to defend this inexcusable effort) and worst is the jet fighters from the MiG-29s to the Su-25s to the Su-34s and especially the Su-35s.

Here's the thing that I think we would ALL agree to and that is, if they had half a brain, they would've showcased their equipment in this war and did it in a way that showed incredible successes to market their stuff even more. Instead, they've piece-mealed their operations in a horrible way where not only their horrible tactics have been exposed against a much weaker opponent, but their equipment has taken a sorry hit to the max!

All the other unipolar stuff you mentioned is just talk, my friend. The dollar is actually much stronger today thanks to this war. I'm sorry to disagree with you 100% just like with the other fact that the EGY military doesn't owe us any explanation and I think that also is a bunch of nonsense, sorry and will all respect. They owe us as tax-paying citizens who support them always and who allow them the freedom to run the country as they please at the least to not keep us in the complete dark. No one is asking them to reveal top secret dealings and projects, just the basics of these news-worthy purchases.

All you have to do is think what the US would've done in this war if the roles were reversed. First thing they would've done before moving any armor stupidly to the border in front of the whole world and take forever to give the enemy time to prepare and know what and when it is about to happen lol, then they would've sent in the air force and Navy to bomb the living daylights out of all eastern military installations and beyond Kiev including all government compounds etc. Beyond Kiev because they need to create air superiority and they can't do that with just controlling the eastern skies. Their halfass methods have cost them dearly. Once they've saturated all the ground assets with GOOD INTEL which let's face it, their intel SUCKS BEYOND BELIEF!! Then they would've been in a much better position to push their armor in without much resistance at all. And where was all the infantry when their 40 km armor columns were getting pounded by squads of Ukrainian AT crews? The level of failure in tactics and especially in showcasing the power and prowess of their equipment has been on an unseen disastrous level.

And to think this is not worrisome for us, who've invested A LOT in Russian equipment with the understanding that they will be providing continuous support then suddenly they go and get bitch-slapped in the face in a war they started with the worse possible level of failure is frightening.

If our leaders are not worried and making plans to deal with this disaster as we speak, then they're not as smart as we thought they were which is impossible, so my money is on them being quite worried and making major plans to fill in the void that will inevitably occur.

Why do I think the Su-35 is gone? If anyone here is still clinging on the hope that those things are only put on hold until some miraculous thing happens like the US saying "oh you know what, forget about CAATSA and go ahead and buy your Su-35s we'll just forget the whole thing) LOL then we're in much bigger trouble than I thought. They've been sitting all this time and all we hear are excuses that they're changing radars per EAF requests and they're making modifications etc. blahblahblah. Come on, people. Let's get real. And then on one hand we're talking about how they don't say anything and don't owe us any explanation but on the other hand we're listening to the ones saying "there hasn't been any official statement that the deal has been cancelled"?!?!?! Seriously?! So on one side we use the excuse that they don't owe us any explanation but yet they're supposed to tell us they've cancelled the deal with the SU-35?! loool. You can't have it both ways. You see what's wrong with that picture? Sorry about the long and passionate post. Nothing against you personally, of course, just venting one's thoughts. :-) 👍

How they will "reward" us for giving IRIS-T to Ukraine?

That's the problem with Mahmoud's stuff sometimes. They're not giving the Ukraine any of the systems that Egypt has contracted. They're temporarily shifting the production line from the ones for the EADS to the ones for the Ukraine then once those are done, the production line for the EADS will be back on track. The timing is going to suck for sure since now it will take several years for all 7 Egyptian batteries to be completed.

And IMO, these are MUCH better than the S-300 they should simply invest much more into these excellent systems than the really unproven S-300.

M88s are not that rare, but it's the typical phenomenon of engineering vehicles getting less photographed.

That was pretty much the point I was making and make all the time when I refer to "rare pics". It's not really the item itself, but photos of the item that are rare and as you know quite well, that's been a long-lasting problem with EGY military stuff, is the availability of pics.

As for the Republican Guard, I had no idea that was even a thing. Never noticed any noticable differences between units in terms of markings. How do you tell them apart? Or was it already disbanded?

Yes, of course. Egyptian Republican Guard has been around for a very long time (started in 1955 and is active presently with even more power than ever) and became prominent in the 1973 October war as they supposedly have the best trained armored units in the entire Egyptian Army and were equipped with the best T-62s at the time to protect Cairo (most likely the T-62s equipped with those Swingfire ATGMs we saw pics at the parades). That's why when clowns were talking about the Jews being 100km away from taking Cairo loooool we couldn't stop laughing at that idiocy. Not only was the entire war already taking place 100km from Cairo lol, but those clowns couldn't even push back the Egyptian 2nd or 3rd armies and got pounded in Ismailiyah and they thought they were headed to Cairo to take on these guys!? lmaoo another huge fallacy perpetrated on the history of that great war.

Now and since the early 90's the Republican Guard switched from those T-62s to M60s and M1A1 Abrams and as a matter of fact, they also supposedly control the air defense sector of Cairo which operates the only Patriot PAC III units in Egypt.

1664521449200.png

1664522654825.png

All these honor guards and meet & greet of dignitaries and diplomats are also part of and under the command of the RG.

1664521524037.png

1664522426497.png
1664522618878.png
1664522593283.png

1664522743156.png

The same guys who guard the only VIP helicopters.

1664522812099.png

They also use a huge portion of the Gazelle helicopters as part of their helo fleet.

1664524197101.png

1664522831492.png

1664522865264.png

1664522879344.png

1664522896007.png

All the tanks and armored units you saw in Cairo during the revolution were all Republican Guard units since they're the ONLY military units allowed to enter or operate in the bounds of the city.

The Republican Guard is mainly equipped with M60 Patton and M1A1 Abrams tanks, Fahd 280 , BMP-1 and AIFV armored fighting vehicles. There are several anti-tank infantry platoons as well, equipped with the AT-13 Saxhorn and BGM-71 TOW anti-tank guided missiles. They were[clarification needed] initially trained by the Soviet Army in the 1950s and 1960s.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Repub..., Command centers, and presidential airports.
The Military Police battalions of the Republican Guard have often been deployed as conventional Riot Police armed with teargas, water cannons and batons, especially during civil unrest targeting key Defense installations and buildings.

These units are the most elite in the military since their responsibility is to protect everything presidential related and only take orders from the president and not from SCAF believe it or not. That's how powerful they are that even the Supreme Council of the Armed Forces has nothing to say to these guys. So yeah, as long as the military rules in Egypt, the RG will always have the ultimate power.

That's the problem with Mahmoud's stuff sometimes. They're not giving the Ukraine any of the systems that Egypt has contracted. They're temporarily shifting the production line from the ones for the EADS to the ones for the Ukraine then once those are done, the production line for the EADS will be back on track. The timing is going to suck for sure since now it will take several years for all 7 Egyptian batteries to be completed.
Did Egypt receive any IRIS-T batteries or all were transferred to Ukraine?

@Philip the Arab what is exactly Tawazon?

Sorry folks I've been awol because of how sucky the Russians are doing in Ukraine, but I'm happy im not the only one that has this sentiment. @Gomig-21 aywa ya doctor im pretty pissed too, they should've mopped the Ukrainians in one month maximum, but then again, they were funded by endless weaponry and money(imagine 40 billion for american citizens would do), but thats what happens when you have leaders with super yachts instead of being responsible for funding your military capabilities. I'm sure egypts top brass learned this the hard way and are doing everything they can to shift themselves into the warriors their great ancestors once were. Only thing putin could do now is purge the oligarchy and spread this much needed wealth to better shape the Russian military, or have belarus merge with them IMMEDIATELY. Some belarusian equipment are modestly better then some russian equipment. Tho your not gonna like what I have to say, im really clinging on hope to having those sukhois, cause who's the better option? Chinas j20??? Thats speculative at best. Also italys right wing are gaining steam now, that puts potential for more Bergaminis and fully tacked out typhoons with meteors.

Sorry folks I've been awol because of how sucky the Russians are doing in Ukraine, but I'm happy im not the only one that has this sentiment. @Gomig-21 aywa ya doctor im pretty pissed too, they should've mopped the Ukrainians in one month maximum, but then again, they were funded by endless weaponry and money(imagine 40 billion for american citizens would do), but thats what happens when you have leaders with super yachts instead of being responsible for funding your military capabilities. I'm sure egypts top brass learned this the hard way and are doing everything they can to shift themselves into the warriors their great ancestors once were. Only thing putin could do now is purge the oligarchy and spread this much needed wealth to better shape the Russian military, or have belarus merge with them IMMEDIATELY. Some belarusian equipment are modestly better then some russian equipment. Tho your not gonna like what I have to say, im really clinging on hope to having those sukhois, cause who's the better option? Chinas j20??? Thats speculative at best. Also italys right wing are gaining steam now, that puts potential for more Bergaminis and fully tacked out typhoons with meteors.
But the right wing may listen to Israel about the Meteors. But to pull ip this deal with Meteor you must play the gas card and also with green hydrogen energy hagat keda.

Yes close relations in fact in this picture this is at Halcon facilities located in the Tawazun Industrial Park.

View attachment 883736
Looks like we are going to buy or produce locally some of the Halcon systems. @joker88 you said that Egypt is cooperating massively with the UAE. Any ideas?

Sorry folks I've been awol because of how sucky the Russians are doing in Ukraine, but I'm happy im not the only one that has this sentiment. @Gomig-21 aywa ya doctor im pretty pissed too, they should've mopped the Ukrainians in one month maximum,

Yeah, bro. I was even reluctant to say any of what I said because I know it's going to piss off a bunch of good fellas here, but if we can't discuss the bear in the room, then we're in complete denial as to what the status is between Egypt and Russia. There are so many other problems with them as far as the MiG-29M/M2 that are very serious that I haven't even brought up yet.

They also never told Egypt that since they were the cause of the US imposing CAATSA on big-ticket countries like Egypt purchasing from them that they would show some form of assistance to lessen the impact of CAATSA on Egypt and Russia could do it in many ways. They could look into exactly what would trigger Egypt for the punishment and have a diplomatic meeting with Blinken and sort things out making them understand that Egypt is very important for both countries and that Russia would step up to help Egypt with things that would help the US etc. I'm just shooting from the hip as example because there are plenty of things Russia could've done to make sure the Su-deal not only went through. but offered other alternatives to help it go through and also convince the US that Egypt is already a full military partner of Russia and needs a lot of future support that cannot be neglected just because the US hates Russia and so on and so forth. But they never helped in any kind of way and that just plain stinks.

Yes close relations in fact in this picture this is at Halcon facilities located in the Tawazun Industrial Park.

View attachment 883736

All I will say to this is that Zaki better come back and tell SIsi we need to cut down our ties with the UAE slowly slowly and continue our own domestic work with all out European partners and keep the EDGE stuff at a bare minimum. This is the result of watching a great little giant we called Spartacus show military prowess in the past 10 years and then suddenly start a superfluous friendship with the zionists only to get shut down by the US for the F-35 because of only one reason and that is the Jews, They already claim the POS Sufa is better than the block 60 of the Emirate yet they jumped up and down in a baby temper tantrum over the F-35 coming to the UAE and the US listened to its master and canned the deal but that's not all. These guys in the USE turn around and go purchase the zionist spike or stryker or whatever that piece of junk is?!?!?!?! This is an Arab brother who at one point before becoming a complete brother to Egypt was chastising it for making peace with the zios but have sine come around,

So is this purchase of zio intercepting missiles a way to please the zios so they can tell the US it's ok to give the UAE F-35s? Haram aleihum di haga weskha awy!

Yeah, bro. I was even reluctant to say any of what I said because I know it's going to piss off a bunch of good fellas here, but if we can't discuss the bear in the room, then we're in complete denial as to what the status is between Egypt and Russia. There are so many other problems with them as far as the MiG-29M/M2 that are very serious that I haven't even brought up yet.

They also never told Egypt that since they were the cause of the US imposing CAATSA on big-ticket countries like Egypt purchasing from them that they would show some form of assistance to lessen the impact of CAATSA on Egypt and Russia could do it in many ways. They could look into exactly what would trigger Egypt for the punishment and have a diplomatic meeting with Blinken and sort things out making them understand that Egypt is very important for both countries and that Russia would step up to help Egypt with things that would help the US etc. I'm just shooting from the hip as example because there are plenty of things Russia could've done to make sure the Su-deal not only went through. but offered other alternatives to help it go through and also convince the US that Egypt is already a full military partner of Russia and needs a lot of future support that cannot be neglected just because the US hates Russia and so on and so forth. But they never helped in any kind of way and that just plain stinks.

All I will say to this is that Zaki better come back and tell SIsi we need to cut down our ties with the UAE slowly slowly and continue our own domestic work with all out European partners and keep the EDGE stuff at a bare minimum. This is the result of watching a great little giant we called Spartacus show military prowess in the past 10 years and then suddenly start a superfluous friendship with the zionists only to get shut down by the US for the F-35 because of only one reason and that is the Jews, They already claim the POS Sufa is better than the block 60 of the Emirate yet they jumped up and down in a baby temper tantrum over the F-35 coming to the UAE and the US listened to its master and canned the deal but that's not all. These guys in the USE turn around and go purchase the zionist spike or stryker or whatever that piece of junk is?!?!?!?! This is an Arab brother who at one point before becoming a complete brother to Egypt was chastising it for making peace with the zios but have sine come around,

So is this purchase of zio intercepting missiles a way to please the zios so they can tell the US it's ok to give the UAE F-35s? Haram aleihum di haga weskha awy!
Seriously can F-35s all the way in the gulf threaten Israel's security? The only thing i can imagine that would threaten it is if Egypt trains on them like agressor suqadrons with the UAE in excercises and possibly china stealing some tech?

Seriously can F-35s all the way in the gulf threaten Israel's security? The only thing i can imagine that would threaten it is if Egypt trains on them like agressor suqadrons with the UAE in excercises and possibly china stealing some tech?
What's worst is they get denied the aircraft because of the Jews after they opened their country to them traitor kind with no visas required!!!!! They did that thinking they would show a sign of solidarity and what happens, 5adu 5azook the size of a NASA rocket ship right up their bunghole when they got denied the F-35. I bet they feel really funny now that they've been played the scum-sucking hog game the zionist and US plays with those it doesn't trust and funny how it thought it wasn't or wouldn't be treated like Egypt because it never was denied any certain weapons before. But there is always a limit and the reason is their strength doesn't threaten the zios like Egypt does and that's why they were given a fancy F-16 and newer weapons to go with it because cumulatively, they're still not even close to the threat Egypt is BUT, I guess that stupid piece of crap F-35 is the breaking point lol. All they had to do is ask us if we thought they would eventually be treated like Arabs? lol

It's tough to be upset at the UAE because of how good they've been to us, but they certainly needed a good dose of humility to bring them back down to earth.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom