What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

I do not want to enter into a premature topic, but there is a future cooperation with the Emirates, the stubbornness and Egypt regarding the Rafale, a promising project, and entering into it is excellent.

lol. Those were from 2011 ya basha. I was just showing them because they were very interesting potential missile boats the EN was about to get them, but the deal fell through for some reason or another.

I know you like everything about recent news and things like that, but we also like to look back a little bit at the history of many of the systems currently in the EGY army as well as those that almost made it. Unfortunately, it appears my fears of the Su-35s will join the list of the latter.

View attachment 883120

ENS Shabab Misr #1000b (gifted Sout Korean corvette). Imagine a country gifting an entire corvette of this caliber to another country? This is really something you don't see very often.

View attachment 883110

Another nice shot of Al Shabab Misr in the busy port of Alexandria.

View attachment 883119

Beautiful shot of Tahya Misr.

View attachment 883111

ENS Ahmed Fadel #801

View attachment 883112

Great top view shot of ENS S. EZZAT #682

View attachment 883117

ENS SHALATIN #230

View attachment 883118

View attachment 883121

Pre-delivery testing pics I don't think we've seen before.

View attachment 883136

View attachment 883137

View attachment 883138

View attachment 883139

These pics are actually very depressing. To see how the Russians have destroyed their reputation as the 2nd leading military power in the world in just a few months of some of the worst display of warfare and of their equipment is beyond embarrassing.

I am 100% positive that our highest military personnel, including President Sisi are devastated to see what the Russians have done to themselves and their military industry and are probably very worried about continued military support for all the high-end Russian equipment Egypt has bought from Russia in the past 10 years.

Forget about any new purchases! That's a thing of the long-lost past! Just the continued support is going to be a HUGE problem. It's bad enough to see them hardly put up a fight to help Egypt take delivery of the Su-35s by challenging the US or CAATSA or showing some support for their own, self-inflicted injuries they caused with that deal and topping it off by killing it completely -- along with many other eventual deals -- with that staggering disastrous effort and show of tremendous incompetence in the Ukraine. If you really think about it, they've done NOTHING to help Egypt with that deal or any further deals. Quite the opposite.

I'm telling you, fellas, forget about the Su-35s those are long gone history that are never coming back believe me, but that's the least of the problems as now Egypt is faced with not much of any alternate options apart from the west which as we all know is NOT something Egypt can depend on. Thanks, Russia, for your stupidity and idiocy and incompetence and for showing absolutely nothing to support our relationship. And don't give me any crap about building Egypt's first nuclear reactors as you're getting handsomely paid for that and you're hardly doing us a favor.

Egypt was responsible for igniting Russia's faulting military industry with the purchases it was making from the MiG-29M/M2s to the eventual MiG-35s (which Russia couldn't even muster the wherewithal to even complete an AESA radar for that thing!) to all the Ka-52 attack helicopters to the S-300VM to the super long-range radars to the BUKs and TORs to the huge deal of 30 Su-35s etc. etc. And what did Russia do in return? It shat on everyone and spit in our face to add insult to injury. What a disgrace.
Lets see if they can turn it around in the winter with their actual forces. This war has shown us how low the russian standard is considering weapons. The funding doesnt help as well. The war in Ukraine was set since April-May into Russia's victory shelf as it acheived its goals of Freeing/invading donbass region. In addition to the destruction of a Uni-polar world and giving the courage to other countries to let loose of the dollar gradually without facing the same fate as Iraq and Libya. The losses as you mentioned was Russia's dignity and its weapons market which wont matter as the countries russia sells to dont have the option to switch to the west with the exception of Egypt and India. Why do you think our planes will be sold to Iran or scrapped? We dont have many options regarding this. And tbh i dont think our leaders are suprised with the results and they pressured the russians to up their standard in the weapons we bought which the RAF considered for themselves like the Ka-52 upgrade.

Mahmoued certainly has something Against Turks. hes not wrong tho all their plans are backfiring on them complete defeat in Libya and the East Med. Now seeing them and qatar begging to have relations with us makes me very proud of our leadership
Mahmoud Gamal is mostly apolitical he doesn't give a lot of his opinions ect... (from my own view). Ma enta fel halten, Turkey will come to Egypt for the EastMed exactly like Kemal Kılıçdaroğlu (leader of opposition) said about Egypt :
Egypt is the door to winning in eastern #Mediterranean. If we had good relations with Egypt, we would not have faced these problems in the Mediterranean, today"

VVSxCAgUUSYX8q5PHWJyMpNpwWUztf_T-qBa0gu2thhemghgoNT2xJyPXMf5s2Qcp6IrX29_oVT0ZA=s640-c-fcrop64=1,2aaa0000d555ffff-nd-v1

During the visit of the Minister of Defense to the UAE, a model of the Chinese missile launcher operating in the Emirates, SR-5, is shown in front of him, which is a tactical missile launcher
It can carry and launch two calibers together: 20 (122 mm) rockets, which are precisely guided to a range of 50 km, and 6 (caliber 220 mm) rockets, with a range of 70 km, which are also guided, or it can carry 40 single caliber rockets of 122 mm or 12( 220 mm) rockets..

Last edited:
Mahmoud Gamal is mostly apolitical he doesn't give a lot of his opinions ect... (from my own view). Ma enta fel halten, Turkey will come to Egypt for the EastMed exactly like Kemal Kılıçdaroğlu (leader of opposition) said about Egypt :
Egypt is the door to winning in eastern #Mediterranean. If we had good relations with Egypt, we would not have faced these problems in the Mediterranean, today"

VVSxCAgUUSYX8q5PHWJyMpNpwWUztf_T-qBa0gu2thhemghgoNT2xJyPXMf5s2Qcp6IrX29_oVT0ZA=s640-c-fcrop64=1,2aaa0000d555ffff-nd-v1

During the visit of the Minister of Defense to the UAE, a model of the Chinese missile launcher operating in the Emirates, SR-5, is shown in front of him, which is a tactical missile launcher
It can carry and launch two calibers together: 20 (122 mm) rockets, which are precisely guided to a range of 50 km, and 6 (caliber 220 mm) rockets, with a range of 70 km, which are also guided, or it can carry 40 single caliber rockets of 122 mm or 12( 220 mm) rockets..
He rarely responds to non Egyptians but if you dig deep enough you will see him deleting some posts from Turks wanting reunification with Egypt The Egyptian people arent our enemies the Erdoganic type of talk yknow the pragmatic one.

He visited Halcon facilities as well that you can see Desert Stings at the end of the video. We should see footage from that in a couple days hopefully.

Btw the Al Tariq can be integrated on Russian aircraft including MIG-29.

Last edited:
He visited Halcon facilities as well that you can see Desert Stings at the end of the video. We should see footage from that in a couple days hopefully.

Btw the Al Tariq can be integrated on Russian aircraft including MIG-29.
I hope it will enhanced our MIG-29M/M2. I hope we will get the Al Tariq 120km bomb.

How they will "reward" us for giving IRIS-T to Ukraine?

To replace the old Baretta-92 ? Why can we make our own modernised pistol?
I just remarked that this pistol is serbian and not bosnian

In minute 0:51, it is written in the shield "SJP of the Republic of Serbia". Looks like the Egypt/Serbia cooperation is bearing its fruits.

The manufactuered is based in Republika Srpska (which located in Bosnia Herzegovina but with a serbian majority)

Last edited:
@Buschlaid M88 with the numbers on the side. An interesting piece of equipment we don't see too often and get a good look like this. You can even see the main lower wheel/rim spare as well as the smaller upper rim, too. Sprocket as well and other very interesting items to this rather rare engineering vehicle.

View attachment 882798

Egyptian Republican Guard Kamaz 53229 fuel tanker can be seen in this press photo.

View attachment 882797
M88s are not that rare, but it's the typical phenomenon of engineering vehicles getting less photographed. I've seen many before but I also didn't screenshot them. Though, with numbers they seem to be less common.
M88 Hercules.jpg

Here's one I've got, picture is very old so like early 2010 or maybe even earlier than that. Notice also the Walid specialized variant.

As for the Republican Guard, I had no idea that was even a thing. Never noticed any noticable differences between units in terms of markings. How do you tell them apart? Or was it already disbanded?

hKkHaWzoWRCH4o6yit3AHnV-nVHS73cJpLHAEH62GlhrMnVSjhRgCG6grI94vBFJUHlYpDDTaqDCwkM=s1080-nd-v1

The Serbian Brahmos RS-600 is a Serbian supersonic anti-ship missile project similar to the Indo-Russian BrahMos missile.
The missile flies at a supersonic speed of Mach 2 and has a range of 300 km. It is guided by inertial and a radar seeker and possibly a satellite navigation system as well to be able to hit land targets.
Although Serbia is a landlocked country that does not overlook the seas, it has a supersonic anti-ship missile project
Perhaps the aim of the project is to export it to external customers such as North African countries, the Middle East and South Asia..

Honestly if we don't receive BrahMos from India (with or without ToT) we can enter a JV with Serbia and maybe with Saudi or Emiratis funds. And I am sure a firm like SAMI or EDGE can bring their expertise in this project.

Back
Top Bottom