What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

Indeed, the deal was in 2011 and was not completed by Nigeria, but I was not sure of it

They were supposed to go to Nigeria first? I'm confused! lol

@Gomig-21 but don't the scandanivian countries make deals based on the "human rights" of the country who is contracting?

I think so. Not sure if that was the reason that particular deal fell through or not, but it seems like the EGY military rarely deals with any Scandinavian countries and especially Sweden.

They were supposed to go to Nigeria first? I'm confused! lol

I think so. Not sure if that was the reason that particular deal fell through or not, but it seems like the EGY military rarely deals with any Scandinavian countries and especially Sweden.
Ana mesh fahem will we get them yes or no hahaha.

I think Sweden will open more for their defense industries like Grippen etc.. for the "human rights" abused countries because the rise of right wing in Sweden. RW doesn't care about HR but only their interests.

@ARCH٤R , remember these gorgeous Mirage Vs? And this was one of the 24 aircraft the EAF sent to France to upgrade them with the Horus package by Sagem which upgraded their avionics and SNA Comms and a few other items. Military Aviation had an article on when these and this particular upgrade package where they claimed it made these Mirage Vs better than the 2000s in the fleet. Not sure of the validity of that although MA magazine is quite reputable and has never made bogus claims. The only problem is that if they were in fact better equipped and capable than the 2000s, why would the EAF retire them and keep the 2Ks in service?! That doesn't make sense, actually. So something is a bit off with that scenario.
Egypt's mirage V/2000 fleet is less heard off, we learn about the Falcons because the Americans speak about them... I can't tell because there is nothing under my hands that says _enough_ about it (even with access to domestic and online university-level archives). The Mirage 2000s not being equipped with MICAs is something I fail to understand in all aspects.

Indian defence channels reporting Tejas fighter jet potential export to Egypt how true it is?

Indian defence channels reporting Tejas fighter jet potential export to Egypt how true it is?
Most likely yes. Egypt wants to produce locally a new LIFT aircraft to replace the old K-8 and Alpha Jet and old F-16 and maybe the mig-21 and j-7. That's why we have some options that countries have already offered their aircrafts. South Korea offered T/FA-50, India the Tejas, Pakistan JF-17, Italy M-346. Now the competition is between Tejas and FA-50. And logically, India will offer more ToT than SK. Plus India and Egypt worked together on H-300 but failed because of the 67 war and funds. And Egypt wanted to buy the BrahMos and there is some rumor saying that maybe we will produce some parts or the missile locally. And maybe also the Astra missile that will come with the deal if it is done because we need an indigenous or JV AAM to mount on our Rafales MIG-29 etc...

Ana mesh fahem will we get them yes or no hahaha.

lol. Those were from 2011 ya basha. I was just showing them because they were very interesting potential missile boats the EN was about to get them, but the deal fell through for some reason or another.

I know you like everything about recent news and things like that, but we also like to look back a little bit at the history of many of the systems currently in the EGY army as well as those that almost made it. Unfortunately, it appears my fears of the Su-35s will join the list of the latter.

1664326147734.png

ENS Shabab Misr #1000b (gifted Sout Korean corvette). Imagine a country gifting an entire corvette of this caliber to another country? This is really something you don't see very often.

1664322343120.png

Another nice shot of Al Shabab Misr in the busy port of Alexandria.

1664325791276.png

Beautiful shot of Tahya Misr.

1664322491517.png

ENS Ahmed Fadel #801

1664322586061.png

Great top view shot of ENS S. EZZAT #682

1664325379683.png

ENS SHALATIN #230

1664325497922.png

1664331163941.png

Pre-delivery testing pics I don't think we've seen before.

1664335945409.png

1664335960336.png

1664335976712.png

1664335995861.png

These pics are actually very depressing. To see how the Russians have destroyed their reputation as the 2nd leading military power in the world in just a few months of some of the worst display of warfare and of their equipment is beyond embarrassing.

I am 100% positive that our highest military personnel, including President Sisi are devastated to see what the Russians have done to themselves and their military industry and are probably very worried about continued military support for all the high-end Russian equipment Egypt has bought from Russia in the past 10 years.

Forget about any new purchases! That's a thing of the long-lost past! Just the continued support is going to be a HUGE problem. It's bad enough to see them hardly put up a fight to help Egypt take delivery of the Su-35s by challenging the US or CAATSA or showing some support for their own, self-inflicted injuries they caused with that deal and topping it off by killing it completely -- along with many other eventual deals -- with that staggering disastrous effort and show of tremendous incompetence in the Ukraine. If you really think about it, they've done NOTHING to help Egypt with that deal or any further deals. Quite the opposite.

I'm telling you, fellas, forget about the Su-35s those are long gone history that are never coming back believe me, but that's the least of the problems as now Egypt is faced with not much of any alternate options apart from the west which as we all know is NOT something Egypt can depend on. Thanks, Russia, for your stupidity and idiocy and incompetence and for showing absolutely nothing to support our relationship. And don't give me any crap about building Egypt's first nuclear reactors as you're getting handsomely paid for that and you're hardly doing us a favor.

Egypt was responsible for igniting Russia's faulting military industry with the purchases it was making from the MiG-29M/M2s to the eventual MiG-35s (which Russia couldn't even muster the wherewithal to even complete an AESA radar for that thing!) to all the Ka-52 attack helicopters to the S-300VM to the super long-range radars to the BUKs and TORs to the huge deal of 30 Su-35s etc. etc. And what did Russia do in return? It shat on everyone and spit in our face to add insult to injury. What a disgrace.

These pics are actually very depressing. To see how the Russians have destroyed their reputation as the 2nd leading military power in the world in just a few months of some of the worst display of warfare and of their equipment is beyond embarrassing.
I hope our leadership will learn every lesson from this war. Buy sophiscated thing from the West and not Russia or maybe buy from China which will or is already taking the place from Russian in terms of defense industry. They are devoloping what Russia can't do because of the sanctions, their technology ability etc...

Plus we need lean more to NATO doctrine than the russian/soviet doctrine. This will help enhanced much more our capabilities.

Last edited:
Shokran jazeelan ya akhy. Is the Su-35 for Iran deal true?
Nothing official rn. No one has officialized that Egypt gave up on them neither Egypt or Russia. So till now Egypt is continuing the deal. But there is a high chance that we gave up on them. Honestly if we have bad EW, radar etc.. then I don't want it honestly. If they are bad quality equipment anyone with good equipments can jam then we are f*cked.

Shokran jazeelan ya akhy. Is the Su-35 for Iran deal true?
But maybe there is a deal with India for building locally the Tejas MK1A with its equipments.

Back
Top Bottom