What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

@Gomig-21
The new MG showcased in EDEX-2021

I think it is a copy from the FN MAG

That's it, you're exactly right! Great tweet by the great Abdel Rahman El Ghawas. He's such a nice fella walahi.

Another awesome Egyptian-made Maadi.

1663432722576.png

I have said USA propose it to Indonesia. It is not Indonesia who take the initiative, but US defense minister who visited Indonesia during that time who said it. Changing geopolitical landscape in the region is also one of the reasons.

Wouldn't you say this also has a lot to do with Indonesia cancelling its Su-35 deal at the behest of the US? The same thing is essentially happening to Egypt which is why I asked you. The result of Indonesia cancelling its request for the Su-35s has reaped these rewards and that's exactly what the US is trying to do with us except they're tying to tighten their stinking noose around our necks a lot tighter than they do with others and we'll just have to see how much bend the Egyptian military in general does to also reap the rewards from the US.

I'm ok with that as long as there are no ridiculous restrictions like the ones we heard were being requested by the US. In Egypt's case, it is a major point in time for US/Egypt relations and it needs to put its foot down now or it will never be able to again. Once the US sees that Egypt has capitulated, it will tighten the noose and stranglehold ten times stronger which is why Egypt needs to hold its ground and forget about the Viper upgrade or AIM-120s or any of the F-15s and go with the Su-35 and have the freedom which is priceless and has worked so hard to get to this point.

We will be VERY disappointed if they agree to terrible terms. For Indonesia it might've worked out ok and sounds like it was the better thing to do for it and its military future. But for Egypt I think our situation is quite different. Let's hope they refuse all US offers since I don't think any of them will be worth the eventual stranglehold.

Wouldn't you say this also has a lot to do with Indonesia cancelling its Su-35 deal at the behest of the US? The same thing is essentially happening to Egypt which is why I asked you. The result of Indonesia cancelling its request for the Su-35s has reaped these rewards and that's exactly what the US is trying to do with us except they're tying to tighten their stinking noose around our necks a lot tighter than they do with others and we'll just have to see how much bend the Egyptian military in general does to also reap the rewards from the US.

I'm ok with that as long as there are no ridiculous restrictions like the ones we heard were being requested by the US. In Egypt's case, it is a major point in time for US/Egypt relations and it needs to put its foot down now or it will never be able to again. Once the US sees that Egypt has capitulated, it will tighten the noose and stranglehold ten times stronger which is why Egypt needs to hold its ground and forget about the Viper upgrade or AIM-120s or any of the F-15s and go with the Su-35 and have the freedom which is priceless and has worked so hard to get to this point.

We will be VERY disappointed if they agree to terrible terms. For Indonesia it might've worked out ok and sounds like it was the better thing to do for it and its military future. But for Egypt I think our situation is quite different. Let's hope they refuse all US offers since I don't think any of them will be worth the eventual stranglehold.

Nothing to do with SU 35. Indonesia tried to order SU 35 in 2018-2019 while USA offered F16 Block 52 (refurbished and upgraded F 16 from boneyard) in 2011. Indonesia gets approval of AMRAMM is in 2016.

We cancelled SU 35 is also due to changing Defense Minister from Ryamizard Ryakudu into Prabowo. And that was happening under Trump administration which can be considered as reckless administration and doesnt undertand how geopolitics is working. Any way the replacement is Rafale which uses the same amount of money previously prepared for ordering SU 35 (1.1 billion USD)

-----------------------------------

Indonesia and Egypt is different. Egypt has had war with Israel several times while Indonesia is needed by USA to balance China power in South East Asia, the same role we did during cold war to go against Communist powers in Asia (China + Vietnam).

Nothing to do with SU 35. Indonesia tried to order SU 35 in 2018-2019 while USA offered F16 Block 52 (refurbished and upgraded F 16 from boneyard) in 2011. Indonesia gets approval of AMRAMM is in 2016.

We cancelled SU 35 is also due to changing Defense Minister from Ryamizard Ryakudu into Prabowo. And that was happening under Trump administration which can be considered as reckless administration and doesnt undertand how geopolitics is working. Any way the replacement is Rafale which uses the same amount of money previously prepared for ordering SU 35 (1.1 billion USD)

-----------------------------------

Indonesia and Egypt is different. Egypt has had war with Israel several times while Indonesia is needed by USA to balance China power in South East Asia, the same role we did during cold war to go against Communist powers in Asia (China + Vietnam).
Did you hear the words of the Indonesian ambassador to Russia?

I thought it was just recent the way @Ghostkiller was telling me!

Yeah, Israel really is just an excuse. The real reason behind the US and its threat of imposing CAATSA on Egypt is Russia. Their ambition to destroy any military relationship with Russia as well as some ridiculous fear of 3rd party violation by Egypt showing the tech of the missiles to Russia is much greater than the almost impossible scenario that Egypt going to war with Israel. As a matter of fact, it's much more of an insult to use the Israel excuse since that means the US has no respect for the way Egypt has honored the peace treaty for 40 years.

It all has to do with Russia in our case which is why when they just withheld a lousy $130 million military aid package because of supposed human rights, it's another indication of ridiculous excuses if you read that tweet and all the other examples of much worse human rights abuses than anything remotely close happening in Egypt, The double standard is ridiculous which is why I say Egypt must give the US the middle finger and hold its ground. Enough is enough or else it will be held captive to this abuse for the rest of history. It's now or never.

Egyptian Army Fahd-280 IFV version during the Egyptian -Jordanian joint military drills "AlAqaba-3" - armed with 2A42 30mm cannon & FN MAG machine gun & 9M113 Konkurs launcher.

1663461890866.png

1663461913490.png

1663461929461.png

1663461945539.png

1663461997267.png

1663462032589.png

1663462052277.png

1663462061365.png

1663462085377.png

1663462412514.png

1663462430366.png

This is the main base for the Egyptian Rafales and its custom engineered and built to house those specific aircraft and both squadrons within this base which is state of the art complete with its own coms, simulators and temporary maintenance depot until the mega one is built.

Check out the cockpit imagery on the lower right screen.

1663462992260.png

1663463177476.png

1663463201876.png

This ATV keeps popping up lol. @Buschlaid . this is probably the best look at that windscreen.

1663463426834.png

1663463609310.png

1663463495917.png

1663463514008.png

1663463533893.png

1663463554305.png

Qatar: President El-Sisi’s visit and significant defense cooperation

aaaa_116314.png

Egyptian President Abdel Fattah El-Sisi began yesterday (13/9/2022) a two-day visit to Qatar and met today with Qatari Emir Tamim.
President El-Sisi’s visit reportedly includes a defense partnership with Qatar, as Cairo seeks to finance local military industries and strategic naval deals.

TR

I heard some rumors or news that Qatar will invest 20Billions $ in Egypt so maybe some of it will go to the defense industry

I know this is not Egypt related but members who know Khafee would be saddened to hear the news of him passing….

He was a very knowledgeable member in the Arab section of this forum and this was an unexpected and unfortunate development.

I didn’t want to make a post tagging you guys in this thread

@The SC @Gomig-21

I know this is not Egypt related but members who know Khafee would be saddened to hear the news of him passing….

He was a very knowledgeable member in the Arab section of this forum and this was an unexpected and unfortunate development.

I didn’t want to make a post tagging you guys in this thread

@The SC @Gomig-21
Allah yerhamo amin. I saw he was passed away during his duty. Was he in the army?

Allah yerhamo amin. I saw he was passed away during his duty. Was he in the army?
I think he was connected to the Emirati armed forces but in what degree I’m not sure of completely. More details would come out and assuming at this time would be disrespectful to him and his family.

Back
Top Bottom