What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

A new Israeli challenge on the eastern borders of Egypt, the new Merkava tank Barak 5

They are right behind the white Phalanx ..Harpoons..

I totally missed that! lol. Sorry, my bad. You even showed them in the infographic breakdown of the harpoons on that killer ship. I like how they're sort of boxed in and protected to a certain extent.

Panteras with a few CJ-8 Jeeps.

1662407543244.png

1662407589454.png

Super rare close-up of the very few VIP UH-60 Blackhawks & pilot. There used to be 4 only until the vermin scum in Sinai took one out with a kornet right after the army chief got out of it. They should install the President-S on these, too.

1662407717301.png

2nd time seeing the UH-60 on the Mistral. Suez Canal with parts of the infamous barlev line still visible.

1662410838700.png

These huge military exhibitions & inspections not only show readiness and all that good stuff, but it's also a good indication of the enormous challenge it must be to simply maintain all the equipment in this army. One example is all these HETs (Heavy Equipment Trailer) that carry all sorts of armor

This one is carrying our friend the M270 MLRS.
1662408116198.png

According to Wiki, the Egyptian Military has 295 units of these HETs and close to 4,000 tanks only! Not including obviously all the other heavy armor they haul around on these things and between all that equipment, it's unimaginable the amount of maintenance that is needed just to keep those 300 HETs in good working order and looking brand new like they always do. Just think of all the mechanics they must have just to service this one type of vehicle. Then add all the others lol. Crazy and easily not noticed.

1662409004340.png

Last edited:
According to Wiki, the Egyptian Military has 295 units of these HETs and close to 4,000 tanks only! Not including obviously all the other heavy armor they haul around on these things and between all that equipment, it's unimaginable the amount of maintenance that is needed just to keep those 300 HETs in good working order and looking brand new like they always do. Just think of all the mechanics they must have just to service this one type of vehicle. Then add all the others lol. Crazy and easily not noticed.
We will be using the trains etc...

That is classic Egyptian Vermin Termination. Gotta love it!

Can't love this, though. This is baaaaad and fellas, it's getting worse and worse. Notice he uses the term SE! The one WE made up here on this thread for Su-35SEgypt!? This is the worse news to wake up to this morning yekhreb bethom w'bet abuhom!

You guys still think this is false?

@Hack-Hook @Stryker1982 @mohsen @AmirPatriot Fellas, please tell me there is no truth to this!!

Hey there. Long time no anything, right?

Anyway. As you posted yourself, the IRIAF commander has scrubbed the Su-30 off the agenda and openly said Su-35 is now on the agenda. However don't believe any reports of a deal signed yet (especially not if it's an exclusive by that twitter account). Iran's Defence Minister visited Russia in 2016 to and openly said it was about buying Su-30s but only now do we hear officially that the Su-30 is off the agenda. Sure, maybe if Iran does go ahead with the deal any time soon it'd probably be taking the jets destined for Egypt... but I'm not holding my breath.

Who knows, maybe we wait another 5 years and Iran sets its sights on Su-57... lol.

Hey there. Long time no anything, right?

Anyway. As you posted yourself, the IRIAF commander has scrubbed the Su-30 off the agenda and openly said Su-35 is now on the agenda. However don't believe any reports of a deal signed yet (especially not if it's an exclusive by that twitter account). Iran's Defence Minister visited Russia in 2016 to and openly said it was about buying Su-30s but only now do we hear officially that the Su-30 is off the agenda. Sure, maybe if Iran does go ahead with the deal any time soon it'd probably be taking the jets destined for Egypt... but I'm not holding my breath.

Who knows, maybe we wait another 5 years and Iran sets its sights on Su-57... lol.

Definitely been a long time! Glad every one of you fellas replied to my tags. I'm very appreciative of that especially when you all seem to be on the same, exact page about this whole Su-35 saga.

That would be something if Iran got in on the Su-57. I'm surprised you guys haven't stocked up on Su-30s and more advanced MiG-29s and even Su-35s. With all the sanctions in place on both, Russia and Iran I would think the two countries would be dealing much more in arms and especially in fighters. Let's hope either way you order your own Flankers and stay away from our Su-35s! :D

That would be something if Iran got in on the Su-57. I'm surprised you guys haven't stocked up on Su-30s and more advanced MiG-29s and even Su-35s. With all the sanctions in place on both, Russia and Iran I would think the two countries would be dealing much more in arms and especially in fighters. Let's hope either way you order your own Flankers and stay away from our Su-35s! :D
Can EFT replace the Mirage 2K and Su-35 in the same time?

@Buschlaid , have you seen this Temsah version of the EGY army's EW & jamming vehicle before?

View attachment 876141
Yeah, that is Panthera T6 with IED jammer. I'm still trying to find the name of that IED jammer though. Also, I've seen these a few times before in videos published by MoD from Sinai operations, I didn't download them but it shouldn't be that hard to find them.
DsEIb2vX4AAT95P.jpg

They are rarely on Temsahs as well
unknown (1).png

However, the most common platform for IED jammers is still BAE Caiman and Toyota Land Cruiser.

Can EFT replace the Mirage 2K and Su-35 in the same time?

I don't think so TBH. Despite them labeling the EFT as an "Air Superiority" fighter, that was only because the conglomerate of all 4 nations that built it and wanted it to be as such, thinking it would be the most commonly used platform in Europe towards the end of the cold war, but things changed drastically, of course. With primarily the Rafale and to a certain extent, the Gripen but mostly the F-35 really put a damper on the Typhoon's popularity as the top righter.

The Su-35 has more range and weapons also. The range really being its major asset because of the size of the aircraft and so much internal fuel it can carry in the foam-lined tanks that it doesn't need to carry fuel tanks. Ever see an Su-35 carrying fuel tanks? Almost never, so it can carry more weapons and still outrange the EFT. Only drawback is the non-AESA IRBIS-E.

None whatsoever! lol. I was waiting for someone to pick up on that one pic because of its interesting display. My nephew who sends me a lot of these pics told me he thought it was most likely a block 52 maintenance workshop pre - delivery to the 20 fighters to the EAF.

All the preceding F-16s the EAF had ordered were all requested with GE engines which the EGY pilots & maintenance teams loved because of its power, maintenance and ease of overhaul. Someone mentioned on F-16.net that the only attachment of the GE engine on the F-16 besides these certain locking tabs along the slides is one, big bolt at the front of the engine to the fuselage and that's it! lol.

The block 52s all came with the Pratt & Whitney engines which I believe was the first time they were introduced to the EAF, and so they had to get training and specific maintenance education and that might've been one of the workshops for that. But don't hold me to it I could very well be completely wrong. Just a guess on my part. Maybe someone else might know exactly what it is. I bet Mahmoud Gamal would know.

Yeah, that is Panthera T6 with IED jammer. I'm still trying to find the name of that IED jammer though. Also, I've seen these a few times before in videos published by MoD from Sinai operations, I didn't download them but it shouldn't be that hard to find them.
View attachment 876425
They are rarely on Temsahs as well
View attachment 876426
However, the most common platform for IED jammers is still BAE Caiman and Toyota Land Cruiser.

That's fantastic. Good stuff. Those jammers must work pretty well since we've only seen 1 instance where it somewhat failed. Other than that, besides the rather few IED instances in Sinai through the 8-10 years, they've had some very decent success uncovering many of them.

This is the Algerian Su-30MKA simulator training for cadets and pilots. Equipped with everything including the retractable fuel probe so they can train on A2A refueling right on the simulator before doing it for real. Thought that was pretty cool and an example of most likely exactly what the EAF would get with the Su-35s except they would be single seat sims. Pretty neat.

1662419500031.png

Last edited:
I don't think so TBH. Despite them labeling the EFT as an "Air Superiority" fighter, that was only because the conglomerate of all 4 nations that built it and wanted it to be as such, thinking it would be the most commonly used platform in Europe towards the end of the cold war, but things changed drastically, of course. With primarily the Rafale and to a certain extent, the Gripen but mostly the F-35 really put a damper on the Typhoon's popularity as the top righter.

The Su-35 has more range and weapons also. The range really being its major asset because of the size of the aircraft and so much internal fuel it can carry in the foam-lined tanks that it doesn't need to carry fuel tanks. Ever see an Su-35 carrying fuel tanks? Almost never, so it can carry more weapons and still outrange the EFT. Only drawback is the non-AESA IRBIS-E.

None whatsoever! lol. I was waiting for someone to pick up on that one pic because of its interesting display. My nephew who sends me a lot of these pics told me he thought it was most likely a block 52 maintenance workshop pre - delivery to the 20 fighters to the EAF.

All the preceding F-16s the EAF had ordered were all requested with GE engines which the EGY pilots & maintenance teams loved because of its power, maintenance and ease of overhaul. Someone mentioned on F-16.net that the only attachment of the GE engine on the F-16 besides these certain locking tabs along the slides is one, big bolt at the front of the engine to the fuselage and that's it! lol.

The block 52s all came with the Pratt & Whitney engines which I believe was the first time they were introduced to the EAF, and so they had to get training and specific maintenance education and that might've been one of the workshops for that. But don't hold me to it I could very well be completely wrong. Just a guess on my part. Maybe someone else might know exactly what it is. I bet Mahmoud Gamal would know.

That's fantastic. Good stuff. Those jammers must work pretty well since we've only seen 1 instance where it somewhat failed. Other than that, besides the rather few IED instances in Sinai through the 8-10 years, they've had some very decent success uncovering many of them.

This is the Algerian Su-30MKA simulator training for cadets and pilots. Equipped with everything including the retractable fuel probe so they can train on A2A refueling right on the simulator before doing it for real. Thought that was pretty cool and an example of most likely exactly what the EAF would get with the Su-35s except they would be single seat sims. Pretty neat.

View attachment 876430
My problem will the avionics of the SU-35 radar ew etc... because sometimes the Russians exaggerate their equipments.

Beach assault.

1662428882520.png

1662429026548.png

1662429045940.png

1662429105643.png

Those RIBs are produced in Egypt and they also export them.
Looks like a brand new RPG-7 with a nice mahogany finish standing by itself.

1662429189889.png

Name this unit.

1662429310231.png

@Buschlaid you might appreciate some EIFV (Egyptian IFV) photos, didn’t see them around Cairo at all (Wiki states only one was built and tested).
View attachment 874859
Everyone, what do you think?
Very interesting project, sadly it never progressed beyond prototype phase and I doubt it ever will. If this was accepted, it would make up for a very decent IFV.
The development did not generalize to everyone, it was 300 to it, close to the American Bradley
There are also mechanisms in the Sinai air defense towersView attachment 874861

View attachment 874862View attachment 874863
Sinai-23 doesn't have anything in common with EIFV, besides the M113 chassis. Sinai is much older project from 80s/90s and it's a M113 with modified French TA-20 turret (Military periscope claims it's TA-23E precisely) armed with ZU-23-2 guns and Sakr missiles instead. They were put into service and were modernised a few years back but Egyptian military very rarely shows them.
Sinai-23 (4).jpg

Also not sure why you included photos of BMP-1 and M113 with amphibious kit, they also don't have anything in common with EIFV. But if anyone has more photos of Egyptian vehicles with amphibious kits, I'll be very grateful ;)

I'm surprised you guys haven't stocked up on Su-30s and more advanced MiG-29s and even Su-35s. With all the sanctions in place on both, Russia and Iran I would think the two countries would be dealing much more in arms and especially in fighters.
Tell me about it. Lack of cash and/or political will is the issue as always.
Let's hope either way you order your own Flankers and stay away from our Su-35s! :D
Not to put a downer on you or anything but if there was a chance that you'd get your Su-35s even with CAATSA in place, with the Russian invasion of Ukraine I think that chance is pretty much gone as well.

As you already said, the EF-2000 is not a like-for-like replacement for the Su-35. It's a very capable aircraft but the Su-35 has a significant amount of range on it. The closest thing to the Su-35 available to you guys is probably the F-15.

Some more cool pics for my friends on this great thread.

I posted about this great creation by the Egyptian army to make use of a towed artillery into a truck-mounted unit specifically for the Egyptian 2nd Field Army. The first pic is the upgraded M-46 130mm self-propelled cannon mounted on a modified Ural-4320 vehicle and the last two pics are of the D-30 Howitzer also mounted on the Ural truck. Some great improvisational modification/creations. This was during Nasr-14 Military Training for the Egyptian 2nd Field Army Units in 2018.
View attachment 875871
View attachment 875880
I don't think the URAL-4320 with armoured cabin and M-46 howitzer was accepted into service, never seen it outside of this one exercise. MoD likes to reuse footage of it into newer videos though.
However, the URAL-4320 with D-30 was accepted into service and you can see it on one of the photos you posted (thanks for it, I didn't have it). This version was likely cheaper and proved itself.
Ural D-30 (4).jpg

Here's our dear friend, again, Ghostkiller. M-270 MLRS after letting go a 9-piece salvo lol.
View attachment 875874

Great shot of that dangerous bugger on a tear through the desert.

View attachment 875873
Are there even any photos of M270 with unit markings and Arabic numbers drawn on them? I always saw them only with license plates but never any markings. Something like this:
1662462733932.png

Notice how much worn out their paint is, showing underneath green colour.
M270 (2).jpg

They actually have used it with that modified windscreen before in the combined arms drill exercise for the opening of Bernice Naval Base in 2020. Here is the video and it's pretty long but you can see the Streit Sand ATVs (a pair of them) laying smoke screens for shoring navy commandoes and bridgehead. Forward to minute 1:50:22 . A pair of them unload off of Chinooks and layout heavy red smokescreen for the Sa'aka troops as well as the navy paratroopers.

@Minute 2:11:01 it looks like the second of the two ATVs has either an FN Minimi or M60E4 or even a RPD mounted on that windscreen. Actually it's probably mounted on one of those vertical stands but appears to be sitting on the windscreen. Some really great stuff.
Oh, I wasn't aware they showed them earlier, thank you! But by the exhibited pieces I meant that STREIT, company making these, didn't show them with windshields on any exhibitios earlier. Must have been made either by STREIT just for Egypt or they made new version that Egypt bought. Or of course Egyptian ingenuity, they made it themselves.

Anyway, the machine gun mounted is FN MAG, typical choice.
@Buschlaid some videos for you

Can someone ID this tank. Because Egypt doesn't have this type of modernized T-series tanks. So I think it is either Iraq or Syria.

Me when I don't have the geish hahaha.
Thank you for tagging me everyone, as I'm recently very busy and don't have time to read this thread much :))
Nice to see close-up of Jeep J8s with locally made 9M14 Malyutkas (I believe they are called "Ahram").

That tank you sent is Iraqi T-90S, they have around 73 of them. Egypt eyed option of T-90 as well, in fact numerous newspapers reported Egypt bought 500 T-90MS tanks but it's unclear where the deal went since Egypt is now in talks with South Korea about purchase of K2 tanks.

Beach assault.

View attachment 876435
View attachment 876436
View attachment 876437
View attachment 876438

Those RIBs are produced in Egypt and they also export them.
Looks like a brand new RPG-7 with a nice mahogany finish standing by itself.

View attachment 876439

Name this unit.

View attachment 876440
What i really don't like about this picture is that sf are using a mix of western/eastern rifles within the same squad, I can let go of logistics when it comes to vehicles and aircraft, but not small arms, thats just something that should be solved at ground level. You don't want your men scrambling for diffrent parts and calibers and whatnot. Either fully standardize on western or eastern small arms. Thats why I believe they should put the 807 bren in service for all branches since its a kit gun, and is dual caliber

Back
Top Bottom