What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

1658431758663.png

1658431781936.png

1658431811691.png

How is the performance of russian BVRs in combats? I heard that they isn't that good

Sorry I missed this post. They've never really been tested enough in combat to determine how good or bad they are, until now in Ukraine with the R-77-1 (RVV-SD) which is the newer, more advanced and longer-range missile than the original R-77 (RVV-AE). Russian Su-35 pilots have been shooting down Ukrainian MiG-29s, Su-27s and Su-25s, even Mi-24s successfully with the R-77-1. So I would say if the EAF has in fact purchased the RVV-SD, the MiG-29M/M2s have a very lethal A2A missile.

Speaking of Su-35s, not sure what the date of this pic is, waiting to find out from the source but in the meantime, the last satellite pic of Khurba airbase at Komsomolsk-on-Amur that we saw of these EAF Su-35s in Russia, there was a total of 17. This pic shows 21 of them. So I'm guessing it's more recent. Still, what the heck are they still doing in Russia gaddamit bring them home already!

1658439360912.png

The Egyptian Armed Forces are negotiating with the United States of America to acquire 2 Oliver Hazard Perry frigates from the US Navy's inventory.

It is about:
USS CARR (FFG-52) *
USS ELROD (FFG 55) *

The deal, if completed, will be followed by another deal to integrate a French radar from thales Thales Smarts-S MK2 3D and other modern equipment, including the Commander C3 digital system.

Egypt is an old operator of this type of frigates. The Egyptian Navy operates four Oliver Hazard Perry frigates, as follows:

• Sharm-El-Sheik (901)
• Toushka (906)
• Alexandria (911)
• Taba (916)

1658442425596.png

@The SC , check out the phenomenally smooth finish on this Rafale. Dassault engineering is really amazing. Very neat and not often noticeable air speed & directional sensor fins on both sides of the bottom front fuselage. You don't really notice those very often like in this pic. Double click to get the large HR and see them better.

View attachment 863757

The rarer, single seat EAF Rafale. They only ordered 8 of these out of the 24 in the first batch. I'll have to look at the Dassault media release if they gave any information on the number of these EMs and how many 2-seat DMs in the new order of 30. Should be fun when they start receiving them and hopefully by then, they'll be flying formations with the Eurofighters.

View attachment 863758

Another single seat EM.

View attachment 863760

BTW, if you open this image in a new tab and click it to large, those R-77s on this EAF MiG-29M/M2 sure do appear to have the tapered ends of the export R-77-1 (RVV-SD). Hard to tell 100% but they're close. Plus you really get a good look at all the other attachments like the rear MAWS and FLIR & T-220 pods attachments and some other neat features on this terrific fighter. Really hope they manage somehow to increase the numbers with many more MiG-35s and the upper end A2A missiles. It really would be great to see them work around CAATSA like India appears to have done.

View attachment 863767

I'm also very glad they didn't paint the ones they received with that horrible aqua blue bottom color lol.
Or even worse, that stupid blocky orange colorscheme. Those sukhois NEED an aesa radar ASAP. Along with the upgrades to the migs for the 35 varient. R77 missles are a good baseline a2a missle. We need the better version to kit our migs and su's in the not so distant future. This is why I'm so keen on just phasing out and selling away the f16 fleet. We won't be getting the amraam at all so whats the point of having a basket full of flying coffins? Sell them off to other allies that are close to America so that the approval is given, and slowly take in more migs, India bypassed caatsa, egypts importance wont be underestimated and so that could be leveraged as well, the khaleeg knows this too well.

Last edited:
Anyone wants a D**k measurement? HaHaHa!

Sorry but he is so biased haha. First he didn't tell you that we got licence production from UAE etc... And second he didn't say that there is rumors that Turkey has produced locally all the important parts of it. Third, we know the turkish capabilities for drones but we are beginners we have a long journey. Elhamdullilah for all thing bas sometimes we must not nedhak 3ala nafsina.

Love it! Everything he said was 100% on the money.
It's a half truth, they're working on their own spare parts now I imagine. Egypts drone is a somewhat diffrent from their Emirati counterparts, also @Ghostkiller i had a funny feeling that video was from binkovs battlegrounds before I opened it 🤣

Back
Top Bottom